• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England Patriots fined $1.1 million, lose draft pick in film crew fallout

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which ball? The ball that the Colts illegally removed from the field? The ball that the Colts person who had a "ball air gauge" who had possession of said ball?

No other ball tested that had been used or not used in the game was under or over inflated. NFL admitted that after balls had been tested and retested several times by an independent testing facility.
Yeah Ken all the balls handled by everyone but the fucking Pats

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK IT!

Really not sure why it bothers people so much the Pats cheated big deal we still got six Lombardi's. I said this before all team cheat the Pats just suck at it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to think he was not innocent in this sure am, so was the league good enough for me. Do I think TB is capable of cheating? Yes, because he has a win at all cost mentality so yes I am very comfortable thinking cheating is in his wheel house.
The whole thing smelled foul from all sides. The league probably knows the balls were deflated despite no proof because they were playing games to begin with. Between the media leaks and fabricated conclusions that were debunked by grade school science teachers, the entire thing was nonsense. It was like the OJ trial where the guy was (most probably) guilty and was framed. But in this case nobody died. If the OJ case had been something other than murder it would have been thrown out, as here, this nonsense should have been dismissed with a warning.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole thing smelled foul from all sides. The league probably knows the balls were deflated despite no proof because they were playing games to begin with. Between the media leaks and fabricated conclusions that were debunked by grade school science teachers, the entire thing was nonsense. It was like the OJ trial where the guy was (most probably) guilty and was framed. But in this case nobody died. If the OJ case had been something other than murder it would have been thrown out, as here, this nonsense should have been dismissed with a warning.
They were not debunked they simply proved weather can have an effect on pressure we knew that going in. That does not mean the balls were not deflated./

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were not debunked they simply proved weather can have an effect on pressure we knew that going in. That does not mean the balls were not deflated./

Nor does it prove that they were deflated post NFL inspection.
Only that they were set at or near league minimum, ok'd by the league, and that they were affected by the ideal gas law.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor does it prove that they were deflated post NFL inspection.
Only that they were set at or near league minimum, ok'd by the league, and that they were affected by the ideal gas law.
Nope does not prove that at all, indicates it might have happened but does not prove it did. We do know after the initial inspection someone went tinkle and we know they were lower PSI soon after.

Not that it would have made any difference in the game.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope does not prove that at all, indicates it might have happened but does not prove it did. We do know after the initial inspection someone went tinkle and we know they were lower PSI soon after.

Not that it would have made any difference in the game.

About an hour or more.
In 30 degree colder temps.
Which is right in line with the ideal gas law.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK IT!

Really not sure why it bothers people so much the Pats cheated big deal we still got six Lombardi's. I said this before all team cheat the Pats just suck at it.

I dont give afuck if the Pats cheated.
I am a science major and I give a fuck about the clown parade that cannot understand simple gas laws.....
Rebel, your stubborn is stronger than your smarts.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a science major and I give a fuck about the clown parade that cannot understand simple gas laws.....

We all understand the fucking gas laws dipshit we all also understand BALL BOY went to the bathroom which is forbidden, we all read the text to dismiss that just because people think it could have been the gas law is asinine. And why of all the cold weather games played is this game the only time this situation presented itself?

Damn Pats fans are something else. Unsure why when the rest of the entire world knows there is a history of cheating NE Fans can't see it? Hmmm Curious huh?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the new profile picture or whatever it's called.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all understand the fucking gas laws dipshit we all also understand BALL BOY went to the bathroom which is forbidden, we all read the text to dismiss that just because people think it could have been the gas law is asinine. And why of all the cold weather games played is this game the only time this situation presented itself?

Damn Pats fans are something else. Unsure why when the rest of the entire world knows there is a history of cheating NE Fans can't see it? Hmmm Curious huh?
That there is the problem. While it may be against procedure to stop and take a whizz and that violation of procedure could give an opportunity to deflate balls, it is also completely feasible he just really, really needed to take a whizz. It's not like the situation around a drug test where someone drank a gallon of tea and explained it by saying they really like tea.

Some plausible scenarios are more plausible than others. If this procedure was so strict then why didn't the officials bring the balls to the sidelines? Why aren't the balls in a bag that can't be opened by anyone but the ball official?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That there is the problem. While it may be against procedure to stop and take a whizz and that violation of procedure could give an opportunity to deflate balls, it is also completely feasible he just really, really needed to take a whizz. It's not like the situation around a drug test where someone drank a gallon of tea and explained it by saying they really like tea.

Some plausible scenarios are more plausible than others. If this procedure was so strict then why didn't the officials bring the balls to the sidelines? Why aren't the balls in a bag that can't be opened by anyone but the ball official?

Good question but the fact remains it was determined once again the Pats cheated, plain and simple its not some fictitious statement they cheated they were penalized and it a recurring theme with this organization. Like I said for about the 5th time, all teams cheat the Pats just suck at it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would address your email but neither of us wants to rehash this subject.
One of the downsides to an internet forum is people expecting agreement.
We don't agree. Nuff said?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would address your email but neither of us wants to rehash this subject.
One of the downsides to an internet forum is people expecting agreement.
We don't agree. Nuff said?
We don't agree because of speculation we know the rules were broken by the ball boy, we know they are supposed to go straight to the field and they know that too. What we do not know to be factual is that it was the natural gas laws that is all speculative.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't agree because of speculation we know the rules were broken by the ball boy, we know they are supposed to go straight to the field and they know that too. What we do not know to be factual is that it was the natural gas laws that is all speculative.

Oh! Ok, now I get it.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question but the fact remains it was determined once again the Pats cheated, plain and simple its not some fictitious statement they cheated they were penalized and it a recurring theme with this organization. Like I said for about the 5th time, all teams cheat the Pats just suck at it.
I seem to recall a judge determining the the NFL stacked it's deck. The judge was a New York judge. The decision to overrule that judge was based on the commissioner having complete authority, including the authority to stack the deck.

In light of this you can't conclude the Pats cheated only that they cheated in the past so it's believable they cheated again.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall a judge determining the the NFL stacked it's deck. The judge was a New York judge. The decision to overrule that judge was based on the commissioner having complete authority, including the authority to stack the deck.

In light of this you can't conclude the Pats cheated only that they cheated in the past so it's believable they cheated again.

I can and I have and it did happen the Pats need to play by the same rules as every other team, teams that gave Roger the authority. Look you think the Pats don't or didn't cheat say's more about you than me.

This team does and has cheated its beyond contestation

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to get the feeling the Patriots are not an honest organization