• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England has No Plan

Comm1

The Kinda New Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 557.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will they do when Brady finally leaves. What another QB could go 10-2 with crap weapons. Patriots just do not have a backup plan. As Colin said, Colts had a plan with Luck, Packers had a plan with Rodgers, 49ers had a plan with Steve Young. The Patriots have no plan. It’s going to end horribly for the Patriots

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horribly? Doubt it as long as Bill is here. 14-6 when Brady has been out. Won’t be an every other year SB juggernaut, but it won’t be horrible.

They had a plan before and Tom blew it up by playing at an elite level for 5 more years. They’ll figure it out again.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team I’m sure plans for the eventuality of losing a franchise QB. The number of instances where teams successfully made a seamless transition is quite small. Even with a “plan” there’s virtually no way they could expect to continue on the pace of the last two decades with someone else.

If they don’t re-sign Brady and they don’t feel like Stidham will be the guy, this shapes as a rare year when there’ll be some at least interesting players available to work with in both FA and the draft. Sign a guy, draft a guy. Let the three of them fight it out in camp. Plan.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they just signed a youtube star as a kicker.... So there's that

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew it couldn't last forever.
But as long as they don't have another Rod Rust in their future they will be OK.
Not year after year of success any more I guess.

Comm1

The Kinda New Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 557.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team I’m sure plans for the eventuality of losing a franchise QB. The number of instances where teams successfully made a seamless transition is quite small. Even with a “plan” there’s virtually no way they could expect to continue on the pace of the last two decades with someone else.

If they don’t re-sign Brady and they don’t feel like Stidham will be the guy, this shapes as a rare year when there’ll be some at least interesting players available to work with in both FA and the draft. Sign a guy, draft a guy. Let the three of them fight it out in camp. Plan.
I understand but for being such a prestigious organization for the past decade plus, how can you not formulate a better plan then they have now? Who will be the biggest free agent ticket qb in next year free agency?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will they do when Brady finally leaves. What another QB could go 10-2 with crap weapons. Patriots just do not have a backup plan. As Colin said, Colts had a plan with Luck, Packers had a plan with Rodgers, 49ers had a plan with Steve Young. The Patriots have no plan. It’s going to end horribly for the Patriots

49'ers plan was so/so. Joe was not done as shown by him taking an inferior KC team to the AFC championship the next year. Could Joe cool have helped them beat the Cowboys 1 or two more years than what Steve did? Nobody will ever know and maybe Joe would not have won in '93.

Green Bay was the best prepared and got lucky with Rogers.

Indy fucked Manning and the league by sucking for luck and should have lost picks for throwing games.

But you're right. NE needs to start planning and TB needs to either help them plan, or get the fuck out of the way. He needs to take an active approach and say "Bob, I want to play until X Date, and I want X money. In consideration of that, I will actively aid in choosing, training and grooming my replacement during that time to assure the continued success of the organization."

Probably won't happen that way.
But I am not one of the bandwagon leapers who thinks Tom has fallen of the cliff.
I think his elbow injury, amongst other things (OL, TE, WR, WR...), has affected him this year more than his birthyear has.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand but for being such a prestigious organization for the past decade plus, how can you not formulate a better plan then they have now? Who will be the biggest free agent ticket qb in next year free agency?

Another way to look at it is this...

How many (Backup) QB's drafted by BB have gone on to have at least a modicum of success in the NFL vs QB's drafted by every other team. Maybe every year Bill has a backup plan already?

Top FA QB? I say Ryan Tannethrill in Nashville.
Dude has been tearing it up.

And his wife is smokin...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've already shown your lack of knowledge about the Patriots when you said, "Last Decade plus." It's been two decades. People outside of New England have been waiting for this since 2005 when the patriots "fell off" and they were all expecting Brady to be replaced. It took ten years but the Patriots won SB Ring #4, then #5 and last year #6.

I assume you know exactly what's going on in Bill Belichick's head since you say that there is no plan. I can tell you that he'd never move up in a draft for Trubinsky over Mahomes. If you've watched the patriots for the last twenty years, the one thing that has always been in place is that BB will never do anything that you or the Media want him to do and everyone bitches every spring. Then we celebrate every January.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you have a plan for getting out of Indiana?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howe the hell do you know what plans they Pats do or do not have. What a dumb ass post, and I think we all may be a little dumber for reading it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your plans for next week?

As far as non-Patriots fans are concerned, they're praying that Brady leaves and the Patriots fall to the bottom of the pile. Do you really want Belichick to have a top ten draft pick for the first time in 20 years?

The idiots hate the Patriots, Brady and Belichick, yet they forget that this team hasn't draft above #20 for twenty years with the exception of a couple of trades they made. If Belichick ever got a top five pick he'd trade it for a mid fist and four other picks that he'd wheel and dal and end up with six top tens the following year. In the last ten years they haven't picked above #24 and yet they've won three Super Bowls and lost one. nuff said......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as non-Patriots fans are concerned, they're praying that Brady leaves and the Patriots fall to the bottom of the pile. Do you really want Belichick to have a top ten draft pick for the first time in 20 years?

The idiots hate the Patriots, Brady and Belichick, yet they forget that this team hasn't draft above #20 for twenty years with the exception of a couple of trades they made. If Belichick ever got a top five pick he'd trade it for a mid fist and four other picks that he'd wheel and dal and end up with six top tens the following year. In the last ten years they haven't picked above #24 and yet they've won three Super Bowls and lost one. nuff said......

I actually think there is a plan. They drafted Stidham last year and if Brady leaves for whatever reason I can easily see them drafting another QB this year and picking up a veteran to ensure there is some legit camp competition. BB felt Stidham was a better option than Hoyer so he let him walk. I would say there is a plan

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he has no "PLAN".

They do pretty well if it's all "shoot from the hip".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's December 12, 2019 and here's my #1 draft pick for 2020.

Steven Montez QB Colorado (Remember....he's had three new coaches in the past three years)

At 6-foot-5, 235 pounds, Montez is a load in the pocket and completes passes at a near 65 percent clip ...

Here are his stats for the past four years:

Steven Montez Stats | ESPN

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steven Montez QB Colorado (Remember....he's had three new coaches in the past three years)

At 6-foot-5, 235 pounds, Montez is a load in the pocket and completes passes at a near 65 percent clip ...

#1 overall?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope he learns to step into his throws looks like he relying solely on arm strength.

SEE CLIP

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has some things that he'll need to work on, but he's played in bad weather and completes 60%+ of his passes and when necessary can move around or just run the rock. I'd be surprised if he makes it past #10.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has some things that he'll need to work on, but he's played in bad weather and completes 60%+ of his passes and when necessary can move around or just run the rock. I'd be surprised if he makes it past #10.

If he goes top 10 no way NE moves up to take him. Not sure if you were implying that or not?