• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Coach Rumors

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit.....this makes me a little sad to see.

attachment.php

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what this meant.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Coach Bo,
Thank you for ur words tonight
It's nice to hear the truth
It all makes sense now
<a href="">December 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I saw that...:wtf2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing "the truth" is that Bop knew he was done.

Guessing that he was given his ultimatum before the season started and he didn't reach the goal necessary. I'll bet that goal was winning the Big 10.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna miss Bop too........cot dangit....

He's a great guy. Just not a great Head Coach.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what this meant.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Coach Bo,
Thank you for ur words tonight
It's nice to hear the truth
It all makes sense now
<a href="">December 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

After reading all of the tweets following this meeting with Bo, I'm wondering what exactly they were told.

You can't help but feel a little bit bad. Not only for Pelini, but especially for the team. He is a good coach, and I still believe he's a good defensive mind (mostly against the pass). The team is really not happy. It makes you think, though..... Are they a team (collectively) that thinks a 9-win season, with most of your wins coming from teams you should have beat in the first place, is exceptional?

I just hope Eichorst is smart enough to find someone to bring the team back together quickly. I'm not sold on Frost quite yet, but building burnt bridges is probably the best thing he'll be able to do next to recruiting and coaching an offense. If they bring him in, I really hope he can bring in some good assistants that know what the hell they're doing. Seems like Pelini was doing too much "teaching" with papoopstick.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we got to see coach Bo one last time. Gonna miss the head man! #GBR
11:22 PM - 2 Dec 2014

Didn't realize Bo swung that way

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing "the truth" is that Bop knew he was done.

Guessing that he was given his ultimatum before the season started and he didn't reach the goal necessary. I'll bet that goal was winning the Big 10.

I'm guessing "the truth" is that someone else was already chosen to replace him and Eichorst fired him to put his man in place.

I know these guys love Bo and that he put them first but it sounds to me like the "us against them" attitude he always has is prevalent. And all I got to say is that if he gave the guys a last "fuck them" speech then he did nothing to help these guys.

I would hope he would tell them that he wasn't able to get them conference championships and hopefully the next guy would be able to and that he knew they loved himm but they came to Nebraska to be Huskers so they needed to give the program their best.

I would of hoped, because if he is telling them he didn't get a fair shake then he is hurting them. If they fight the administration and new coach it will only make their lives miserable.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think he told the players he didn't get a fair shake.

The response on twitter afterwards would have been crazy. The kids would have been saying some wild shit instead of just, "good to know the truth."

Like I said, he knew he was being fired before he got fired. He relayed that much to the players at the meeting no doubt.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Mcelwain is close to a deal with Florida, so count him out. Heard Harbaugh turned down Michigan, too. Might be old news, but I slept all day yesterday and worked all night, so I've been out of the loop.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna miss Bop too........cot dangit....

He's a great guy. Just not a great Head Coach.

I got a little choked up reading all that but then I remembered he's a cancer on the sideline who consistently tarnished our brand year after year.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think he told the players he didn't get a fair shake.

The response on twitter afterwards would have been crazy. The kids would have been saying some wild shit instead of just, "good to know the truth."

Like I said, he knew he was being fired before he got fired. He relayed that much to the players at the meeting no doubt.

I don't know. The "It all makes sense now", "real insight" and "hashtagADTrippin" makes it sound like the us against them mentality.

Hope not. These kids have it tough enough.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks but we gots to move on now. These kids need to sit down and ponder their reasons for being here.
Edumacation

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but TCU was a mid-major for most of that time

Im no doubt above the "average fan" and the ONLY reason i knew who TCU's head coach was is cause I'm from texas

for example-Boise State has been great for years now…you might be able to name their coach of the top of your head, but i sure as hell can't.

now granted TCU hasn't been a mid-major for what? the past two years now? but still….if i was a betting man I'd say the "average fan" knows more coaches from average P5 teams than successful mid-majors

Just my 2 cents though, i could be dead wrong :D
-------
Patterson pretty much put himself on the map a handful of years ago when TCU went to the Rose Bowl. Plus during that time his team and Boise were pretty much dueling it out for the top dog of the Mountain West. I've known of Patterson for years and I'm not from Texas. He's at a two bit school with a two bit stadium and two bit facilities and made his team a national powerhouse. He's proven he can do with the "more is less" mindset. And I think I fit into your description of an average fan.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100 percent sure the boys who leave weren't worthy of donning the scarlet and cream in the first place.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing "the truth" is that someone else was already chosen to replace him and Eichorst fired him to put his man in place.

I know these guys love Bo and that he put them first but it sounds to me like the "us against them" attitude he always has is prevalent. And all I got to say is that if he gave the guys a last "fuck them" speech then he did nothing to help these guys.

I would hope he would tell them that he wasn't able to get them conference championships and hopefully the next guy would be able to and that he knew they loved himm but they came to Nebraska to be Huskers so they needed to give the program their best.

I would of hoped, because if he is telling them he didn't get a fair shake then he is hurting them. If they fight the administration and new coach it will only make their lives miserable.
-------
Interesting to note not one mention from the players about how much if any football he taught these guys. IMO quite telling.