• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Coach Rumors

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Callahan back then Mullen.

Mullen took a team in the shitter and turned them into the #1 ranked team in the nation for a good portion of the season.

Now comon' now....

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did it with the help of more lax sec recruiting practices and Mississippi's very forgiving JUCO policies.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm really hoping it's Patterson.

I think he excites this fanbase more than any other coach out there besides Tressel. Rittenburg kept saying Nebraska is going after someone who can do just that.

I'd wager that half of Husker nation doesn't even know who Dan Mullen is. Most of Husker nation knows who Patterson is though.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the bandwagon for Patterson.

Has anyone thought about that the "big fish" theory might involve Frost and some big names for OC and DC announced all at the same time? I'm wondering if that's a possibility too.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Callahan back then Mullen.

buscemi-wtf.gif

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has anyone thought about that the "big fish" theory might involve Frost and some big names for OC and DC announced all at the same time? I'm wondering if that's a possibility too.

I don't think so.

From what I've heard it's a pretty for sure thing that Eichorst has targeted a big name head coach and he will allow this coach a huge pocket book to gather up assistants.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he excites this fanbase more than any other coach out there besides Tressel. Rittenburg kept saying Nebraska is going after someone who can do just that.

I'd wager that half of Husker nation doesn't even know who Dan Mullen is. Most of Husker nation knows who Patterson is though.

Yeah the same half that cries about firing a 9 win coach. Fuckers probably haven't even watched a game this year.

I know my cousin and niece are two of them. If I post something on Facebook they'll ask who we're playing. And they both posted that they are angry about this.

I'm like Fuck you, you don't have the right to be angry. Watch a fucking game first!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the same half that cries about firing a 9 win coach. Fuckers probably haven't even watched a game this year.

I know my cousin and niece are two of them. If I post something on Facebook they'll ask who we're playing. And they both posted that they are angry about this.

I'm like Fuck you, you don't have the right to be angry. Watch a fucking game first!!

:L

Those fans.....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irule after they announce Gary Patterson as the next head coach....

attachment.php

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep...

I'm kind of thinking that Scott Frost will be coming back to Nebraska. I believe he was chosen a while ago and he wanted the best S&C program he can get and that is why Boyd Epley was brought back in. If he can land someone like Will Muschamp for the DC position and Philip Montgomery as OC, This would be a major step up from what we had the past 7 seasons

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what makes you think this?? i mean i see no reason why people wouldn't know who mullen is but know who patterson is

im not saying you're wrong I'm just wondering what makes you think Patterson's profile is THAT much higher than Mullen's

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what makes you think this?? i mean i see no reason why people wouldn't know who mullen is but know who patterson is

im not saying you're wrong I'm just wondering what makes you think Patterson's profile is THAT much higher than Mullen's

Mississippi State hasn't existed until 2014.

TCU has been there for the past decade.

Now, us folks on here maybe knew who Mullen was a few years ago when he was going 6-7, but the average Nebraska fan had no idea. But again, TCU was doin it already and they're still doin it.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi State hasn't existed until 2014.

TCU has been there for the past decade.

Now, us folks on here maybe knew who Mullen was a few years ago when he was going 6-7, but the average Nebraska fan had no idea. But again, TCU was doin it already and they're still doin it.

but TCU was a mid-major for most of that time

Im no doubt above the "average fan" and the ONLY reason i knew who TCU's head coach was is cause I'm from texas

for example-Boise State has been great for years now…you might be able to name their coach of the top of your head, but i sure as hell can't.

now granted TCU hasn't been a mid-major for what? the past two years now? but still….if i was a betting man I'd say the "average fan" knows more coaches from average P5 teams than successful mid-majors

Just my 2 cents though, i could be dead wrong :D

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea idk.....I see it differently. That doesn't make me right though.

I knew who Patterson was back as soon as his Defenses started to become world beaters. He really made a name for himself with some of those ridiculous Defenses.

Ye were probably a we little 10 year old at the time though en sech.

:dance:

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mullen is a hack coach who got lucky this year. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but TCU was a mid-major for most of that time

Im no doubt above the "average fan" and the ONLY reason i knew who TCU's head coach was is cause I'm from texas

for example-Boise State has been great for years now…you might be able to name their coach of the top of your head, but i sure as hell can't.

now granted TCU hasn't been a mid-major for what? the past two years now? but still….if i was a betting man I'd say the "average fan" knows more coaches from average P5 teams than successful mid-majors

Just my 2 cents though, i could be dead wrong :D

I couldn't tell you who Boise State's coach is NOW, but I could have before he moved. And Boise wasn't exactly relevant this year, so they didn't give me any reason to know who their new coach is.