• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New blood in conference title games

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the problem here is that they'd be taking two teams from 1 conference, one not being a conference champ. And they'd have to unseat a conference champ with the same record to do so (with a tougher SOS). Just don't see it happening. Bama would drop to #5 in that scenario.

They did it last year. I'm not saying it would happen but as everyone has stated, Michigan fans should be the biggest Bama fans out there.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If pitt beats vt Saturday do they clinch?

No, because UVA still could get in if they win out and Pitt were to lose their last 2 games. It's extremely unlikely though.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really could be one of the worst years for Conference championship games based on what's happening in the B1G West, ACC Coastal and Pac 12 South.

Like seriously who wants to watch Clemson vs Pitt or Ohio State/Michigan vs Northwestern?
And also Washington State vs anybody from the Pac-12 South...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also Washington State vs anybody from the Pac-12 South...

True, but there's still a hope that a team like Utah can finish 9-3 and at least be a top 25 team. If not that's gonna suck too.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but there's still a hope that a team like Utah can finish 9-3 and at least be a top 25 team. If not that's gonna suck too.
Utah's QB left their last game with a broken collar bone. They aren't nearly the lock for the south they looked like they could be a couple of weeks ago. It's a wide open race again.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah's QB left their last game with a broken collar bone. They aren't nearly the lock for the south they looked like they could be a couple of weeks ago. It's a wide open race again.

Yeah I'd agree with that. I think I saw somewhere that asu controls their destiny?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd agree with that. I think I saw somewhere that asu controls their destiny?
Utah, USC, Zona are all tied at 4-3 in conf. ASU is a game back of that at 3-3, but does have the tiebreaker with Utah if it came down to those two.

None of them have an easy slate to the end. All of them have challenges, however USC's has the most difficult single game having ND left and the others are more of that muddled up Pac jumble. None have only bottom-ish left.

It really is wide open again unless Utah can solve going to a backup this late in the season. They have Oregon at home, @ colorado, and BYU at home left. That's manageable IF they can get decent QB play.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really could be one of the worst years for Conference championship games based on what's happening in the B1G West, ACC Coastal and Pac 12 South.

Like seriously who wants to watch Clemson vs Pitt or Ohio State/Michigan vs Northwestern?

i'm not even sure what the best case scenario for the ACC Coastal is now. i guess its for UVa to win out and finish 9-3 (6-2). Also, have to hope for VT and Miami beat Pitt.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah, USC, Zona are all tied at 4-3 in conf. ASU is a game back of that at 3-3, but does have the tiebreaker with Utah if it came down to those two.

None of them have an easy slate to the end. All of them have challenges, however USC's has the most difficult single game having ND left and the others are more of that muddled up Pac jumble. None have only bottom-ish left.

It really is wide open again unless Utah can solve going to a backup this late in the season. They have Oregon at home, @ colorado, and BYU at home left. That's manageable IF they can get decent QB play.
USC's game vs Notre Dame will be irrelevant for the Pac-12 south race though, since it's not a conference game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC's game vs Notre Dame will be irrelevant for the Pac-12 south race though, since it's not a conference game.
lol yeah good point. Should stop posting while sitting in office waiting areas half asleep.

They have Cal and UCLA left in conference. Utah has Oregon and Colorado, but also holds the tiebreaker with USC. Zona has WSU and ASU so ouch! ASU has zona, oregon, and UCLA.

So many different ways this could play out.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not even sure what the best case scenario for the ACC Coastal is now. i guess its for UVa to win out and finish 9-3 (6-2). Also, have to hope for VT and Miami beat Pitt.

That or Duke winning out and making it, but that's seems really unlikely given Pitt would have to lose out I think.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this for meaning, @Gatorchip, nobody anywhere likes Florida fans. You don't travel well, and you're assholes. That's not trash talkin'. That's factual reporting.

Tennessee fans are beloved by Chambers of Commerce all across the USA. Everywhere we travel, we come in great numbers, we are affable, generous to a fault, law-abiding, and spend money without restraint or regret. Every hotelier, restauranteur, and retailer wants us to visit their town.

The Gators may have defeated the Vols on the gridiron, but when it comes to fans, Tennessee has no equal. You can piss into the wind online until you get a rash, but it's not going to change the fact that we are universally welcomed with open arms and you are decidedly not.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it last year. I'm not saying it would happen but as everyone has stated, Michigan fans should be the biggest Bama fans out there.
They did it last year because OSU had 2 losses, and even then it was a very serious conversation. If OSU was 12-1, Bama was definitely not going. That said, we faced a top 5 unbeaten Wisconsin in the CCG while michigan won't be getting that level of CCG opponent. It's all going to come down to looking at SOS and michigan ending the year with a road win at Ohio State and also how much they weigh having the conference title.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it last year because OSU had 2 losses, and even then it was a very serious conversation. If OSU was 12-1, Bama was definitely not going. That said, we faced a top 5 unbeaten Wisconsin in the CCG while michigan won't be getting that level of CCG opponent. It's all going to come down to looking at SOS and michigan ending the year with a road win at Ohio State and also how much they weigh having the conference title.

That's also something that'll hurt Michigan/Ohio State if the scenario plays out .Beating NW won't mean jack shit. If anything that might hurt your overall SOS. It certainly won't improve it at all. I think Michigan would have a better case than Ohio State simply because Michigan's schedule will have been MUCH better than Ohio State's.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA beats Bama and I could see a scenario where it's Clemson, ND, Bama and UGA.

I honestly cannot see a scenario where they would leave out
3 Conf Champs.

I'm not saying it won't happen, I just can't see it.

The CFP was set up knowing that 1 conf champ would be left out.

Everybody always knew that if ND were to get in, 2 would be left out.

I can't see any league being happy if 3 champs are left out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's also something that'll hurt Michigan/Ohio State if the scenario plays out .Beating NW won't mean jack shit. If anything that might hurt your overall SOS. It certainly won't improve it at all. I think Michigan would have a better case than Ohio State simply because Michigan's schedule will have been MUCH better than Ohio State's.
Oh I have no delusions of us beating michigan so it's a moot point. We're not going to the playoff unless somehow a lightbulb clicked on in the defensive coaches room.

I don't think 8-4 is unrealistic for NW, so that's not a shitty win, but it's definitely not sexy. However, a 42-7 win over a ranked Penn State and a likely big win over 10-2 Ohio State on the road will look good. I'd also think the L at ND isn't going to be a huge factor if Bama loses the last game of the year. That said, you're spot on about michigan rooting like crazy for Bama so it's an easy in if they win out.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly cannot see a scenario where they would leave out
3 Conf Champs.

I'm not saying it won't happen, I just can't see it.

The CFP was set up knowing that 1 conf champ would be left out.

Everybody always knew that if ND were to get in, 2 would be left out.

I can't see any league being happy if 3 champs are left out.

Couple upsets happen this year in the CCG, 3 could be left out pretty easily.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...The Gators may have defeated the Vols on the gridiron...
A defeat? That was the most UF has ever scored at Neyland. That was an ass whipping.

Hey, remember when Austin Pope fumbled the ball out of the end zone when going in for a TD? That was funny.

Anyway, just a couple more years until you hit 30 years since attending the sugarbowl. Are you saving up still?