• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need to try and find a DL deep trading partner in need of a WR.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go back to the original question here. I simply said that our Wrs 6 -8 will not bring a quality DlinemN. I could be wrong. I then said our best trade chips that are non starters are Escobar Williams Weeden. I never said I would want to trade WEeden. I said he was our best chip. So answer this question. Who has more value Weeden or jamar newsome. To get something, you have to give something though. Personally I roll with what we have and wait for final cuts. Lots of pretty decent players will be out there

Let's put it this way. You are the Rams GM. You know you will release on lose a couple of quality DLmen. Jerry offers you a trade to upgrade at WR for a DLman you are going to lose any way.

You don't make a deal? I'm not saying it has yo happen now. Both teams could sit on the deal incase injuries deplete their depth prior to final cuts, but before the final cuts are made why not get something instead of nothing?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying and if that was the case then yes but I dont see us improving our Dline. I think we have a bunch of average DLinemen. Now if we added a really good Dlinemen , then that makes the whole thing better. Thats why I want to see Melton and I said that last night. Maybe Melton will require double teams and this ,makes others better.

Now just looking around the league, lets look at the Panthers and play hypothetical games. The Rams are solid with backup QBs - Hill and Quinn. The Panthers are on the cusp of being a contender because of their defense. Lets say Cam gets hurt and is gonna miss the first 8 weeks. This would never happen but lets say the offered Charles Johnson DE that had 11 sacks last yr for Weeden and Selvie. I dont know contracts and what Johnson makes , but if it is feasible if Im Jerry Im saying yes and looking for another back up QB.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson has a huge contract so that would likely not happen

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the Panthers and lets go to Detroit. Stafford goes down tonight. Wouldnt you give them Weeden and T. McClain/ hayden for Fairly

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally understand the importance of a back up QB this season, but if I can help the place that needs the most by giving up a player that may not even play a snap- thats a no brainer to me. I agree I thought Weeden looked good last night, but to say he is untouchable - I couldnt do that

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: HAHAHHAHAHAAA

for those that inboxed me ........ see it now

thats your buddy you kissed up to Romo ...... smile and fucking take up the ass from him again

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw Hi Pday :suds:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing else to say. We have 17 DLinemen already. Of the ones that are healthy right now- they are all average to below. We dont need anymore that are average. We need a good player. Maybe thats Melton hopefully. Maybe Spencer comes back earlier than expected. If it takes Weeden to get a good DLinemen , theN hell yes Im trading Weeden for it- but like I said player for player doesnt usually happen in the NFL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing else to say. We have 17 DLinemen already. Of the ones that are healthy right now- they are all average to below. We dont need anymore that are average. We need a good player. Maybe thats Melton hopefully. Maybe Spencer comes back earlier than expected. If it takes Weeden to get a good DLinemen , theN hell yes Im trading Weeden for it- but like I said player for player doesnt usually happen in the NFL

This will be last response to you on this issue. As you said we have an abundance of average and below DLmem. News flash for you teams with DL much better than many of what we have will be forced to release them. We cannot simply sign every released line man because the MUST pass through waivers first.

As for traded Weeden that is in contention for one of the dumbest things I've heard on these boards since Fryes thoughtless ideas of replacing Romo.

A few have called you football clueless. Personally I thought they were a little over board. I must admit you have changed my mind here on this thread. I will do my best to not respond to you from here on out. Good day.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon dude, if you want to follow twists lead have at it. Two months ago when Weedens name came up the word sucks appeared after it about 90 percent of the time. Now after 1 game, he is irreplaceable.

I totally get what you are saying about the Dlinemen thing and our WR surplus. We discussed the Rams. I will stay on them - We might could trade one of those WRs for Michael Sam or one of their second teamers - but we arent getting Brockers, Quinn, Long.

The Weeden thing came up because I was talking about our best trade chips that are non starters. Are you saying you wouldnt trade Weeden for Fairly? If so thats fine. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing and going on.

Weeden is our back up QB for an iffy Romo right now- in other words we need a back up QB- I get that.

Please explain where any of that is football clueless.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be last response to you on this issue. As you said we have an abundance of average and below DLmem. News flash for you teams with DL much better than many of what we have will be forced to release them. We cannot simply sign every released line man because the MUST pass through waivers first.

As for traded Weeden that is in contention for one of the dumbest things I've heard on these boards since Fryes thoughtless ideas of replacing Romo.

A few have called you football clueless. Personally I thought they were a little over board. I must admit you have changed my mind here on this thread. I will do my best to not respond to you from here on out. Good day.

a few? please name others besides the one.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and to your buddy - just because I dont dog cuss people for disagreeing with me like he chooses does not mean that Im taking it up the ass from anyone.

Now the ball is in your court. You do what you need to do. I know you and twist are buds and thats great. Heck I liked Nets- but he is gone. I welcome all opinions and respect everyone that chooses to speak up.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for all of yall that inboxed me- All I can say is I tried. :suds:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just responded 5 times to yourself

sing it with me ..... When the walls come tumbling down

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im anxious to hear your take on the matter bud. You claim to be good at debating. Would you trade Weeden for a good linemen.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im anxious to hear your take on the matter bud. You claim to be good at debating. Would you trade Weeden for a good linemen.

no ...... there is no trade value for weeden ... what the fuck you want a 6th or 7th in future drafts? That's how fucking dumb you are...... that's all he is worth .... or someone off a practice squad.
1 preseason game .... didnt hype his value .... not to anyone with an IQ

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no ...... there is no trade value for weeden ... what the fuck you want a 6th or 7th in future drafts? That's how fucking dumb you are...... that's all he is worth .... or someone off a practice squad.
1 preseason game .... didnt hype his value .... not to anyone with an IQ

Wow- you might have should have read the first 20 posts where many were saying we cant trade him. In other words, he was irreplaceable