• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need QB Help

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the worst waiver system I have ever heard of.
Your damn right it is and this is a big money league. I told the WW system was a accident but wasn't discovered until two weeks in so....they felt bound to leave it as is this season, but for sure it would get changed next year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your damn right it is and this is a big money league. I told the WW system was a accident but wasn't discovered until two weeks in so....they felt bound to leave it as is this season, but for sure it would get changed next year.

I disagree with that concept.

If a league setting was made by mistake, then they shouldn't wait a year to fix it. You fix right away.

Because the league didn't agree to the mistake.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that concept.

If a league setting was made by mistake, then they shouldn't wait a year to fix it. You fix right away.

Because the league didn't agree to the mistake.

Well it's out of my hands, so I'm making the best of it. At least all the good teams have the same disadvantage.
Back to the question, looking at the latest screen shot of the WW ( post 58) any suggestions?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.

I would actually go Eli out of this list.

The Eagles are down all of their top 5 DBs and they weren't a great pass defense unit before that.

I think he actually has a better matchup AND he has ODB, Barkley and Shepard to throw to. The floor for Eli is similar to Mullens' floor, each could face plant. I just see Manning with a lot more upside.

@HaroldSeattle

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli ? Mmm that's a thought. Certainly the Eagles have been poor at pass D and Yahoo has Eli as the top option.
The Giants have played the Eagles earlier this season.....Eli didn't throw a TD and ended up with less then 300 yards in what was a beat down by the Eagles 34-13. This doesn't give you ....pause? Might add the Giants were at home in that game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli ? Mmm that's a thought. Certainly the Eagles have been poor at pass D and Yahoo has Eli as the top option.
The Giants have played the Eagles earlier this season.....Eli didn't throw a TD and ended up with less then 300 yards in what was a beat down by the Eagles 34-13. This doesn't give you ....pause? Might add the Giants were at home in that game.

Totally different scenarios.

For 1, the Giants are playing a lot better and the Eagles a lot worse. Then once you factor in all the injuries it really isn't the same team.

To directly answer you, yes. Starting ELi would concern me. But so would starting Nick Mullens. And I do think Eli is more likely to have a good game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally different scenarios.

For 1, the Giants are playing a lot better and the Eagles a lot worse. Then once you factor in all the injuries it really isn't the same team.

To directly answer you, yes. Starting ELi would concern me. But so would starting Nick Mullens. And I do think Eli is more likely to have a good game.

OK...can't deny your track record is damn good and I don't have confidence in Mullens so going to swallow hard and go with....Eli . :hope:

If it turns out badly it will be on me. Bunch of garbage to choose from, so throw a dart and hope it's at least close to the bulls eye. :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...can't deny your track record is damn good and I don't have confidence in Mullens so going to swallow hard and go with....Eli . :hope:

If it turns out badly it will be on me. Bunch of garbage to choose from, so throw a dart and hope it's at least close to the bulls eye. :suds:
Eli has quitely been good the past 3 games........and philly is swiss cheese city..........im with you fellas

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck man!

I will be pulling for Eli today.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with Winston...... 22 points...

Unfortunaltey I was away and just got home and noticed I left A.J. Green in and will lose this week.. Left Ridley on the bench.

Would not have mattered

I went up against this:

Brees - 20
Barkely - 36
Chubb - 27
T.Boyd - 21
Ertz - 22

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli was the right choice among those considered, not that he did great or even good. I got the win. Back to Goff next week! :yes: Really hoping Green is back also.

Yeah.

Have to think his day would have been a lot better had they not ignored Barkley in the 2nd half.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Engram fan - but goose egg yesterday?

c'mon Eli!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Engram fan - but goose egg yesterday?

c'mon Eli!

He didn't play, but was active.

Strained a hammy (or something) in warmups.

Can't blame this one on eli!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't play, but was active.

Strained a hammy (or something) in warmups.

Can't blame this one on eli!

dang, I was wondering what the hell happened

wish I was paying closer attention yesterday morning, not sure anything was even useful on the wire in my league, but I lost by 10pts, and that goose egg was glaring - needed the W to make the playoffs.

never was able to overcome my personal managerial mistakes + the AJ Green and Cooper Kupp injuries
hard to get past both the injuries and boneheaded moves I make!