• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska vs. Wisconsin alt. uniforms

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys suck.

When I was growing up we watched the Huskers and cheered for them because they were our team. We didn't care about recruiting class rankings. We didn't make excuses for losses. We clapped for the other guys for beating us.
Some of you bitch about getting away from tradition with the different uni's, but forget just how far you all have moved away from the NU fan tradition.

Like NU football can't fall back on 5 MNC's to boast about their greatness, the fans can't rely on history to remain the "Best college football fans in America." You gotta step up, quit whining, stop pissing and moaning over simple shit and support the boys.

Fuck, some of you guys really take the fun out of being a Husker. Little bitches.....

Have to say this is the best fucking post :first: I have read on the Husker board in some time...... Tom, I would give you all my worthless rep points if I could... KUDO'S

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say this is the best fucking post :first: I have read on the Husker board in some time...... Tom, I would give you all my worthless rep points if I could... KUDO'S

Thanks bro. I just get tired of it. Some of these guys remind me of the character in Major League II. (Played by Randy Quaid) Always bitching and shit. Watching games just waiting for a chance to bitch again. But once he see's things improving he is singing a different song.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're growing restless. We've had our shots with Bo at getting back on top. Should have gotten it done in '10.

Many are convinced the 2013 team will be Bo's best squad. What happens if that squad comes up short??

You know Bo is gonna roll the dice and burn some redshirts this year in hopes of getting them ready for 2013. Namely Westerkamp and McMullen. Possibly Rose and Jackson.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got off course a bit, but my initial point is what I'm driving at.

We're getting restless. Elite programs don't usually have this kind of a gap in their up and down cycles, and recruiting is getting tough because of it.

Especially now that we're having to develop new relationships. It's kind of a repeat of 2008 and '09. Those were disastrous recruiting classes and that's the reason we are so lacking in star power. '08 might be one of the worst recruiting classes in the last 50 years.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived through the late 80's and early 90's. So many lost bowl games. You guys would have run TO out of the house for that streak.

You all act like Bo has run the program into the ground or something. Need I remind you that the program was already "in the ground" when he got here? He is resurrecting a program that was, for all intents and purposes, dead after Calladeuche came through with his circus.
"We can't recruit the studs until we win a BCS bowl," can not go hand in hand with "We can't win a BCS bowl until we recruit the studs." Pick one and go with it.
It is improving. There is more to improvement than won/loss records. Remember where we were, then see where we are.
And GET BACK TO THE WAYS OF THE TRADITIONAL FANS!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met some more Wisconsin folk this weekend..........except these people were actually good people. They live in Omaha en sech........big Badger fans. They want me to go with them to the game.

Thus far, I've met about 10 Badger fans (that I know were for sure Badger fans) and only 2 of them were actually pieces of shit............those of course being the guys the other night.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived through the late 80's and early 90's. So many lost bowl games. You guys would have run TO out of the house for that streak.

You all act like Bo has run the program into the ground or something. Need I remind you that the program was already "in the ground" when he got here? He is resurrecting a program that was, for all intents and purposes, dead after Calladeuche came through with his circus.
"We can't recruit the studs until we win a BCS bowl," can not go hand in hand with "We can't win a BCS bowl until we recruit the studs." Pick one and go with it.
It is improving. There is more to improvement than won/loss records. Remember where we were, then see where we are.
And GET BACK TO THE WAYS OF THE TRADITIONAL FANS!

Maybe we wouldn't be so worried if he didn't openly resent our passion for the program.

I mean.. He's talking about us specifically when he "bemoans the scrutiny".

He looks down on us for our 24/7 365 obsession. Like one article said, he should embrace it. It is indeed something we have going for us that other elite programs don't.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bro.

:yo:

Thanks bro.
I just get tired of it. Some of these guys remind me of the character in Major League II. (Played by Randy Quaid) Always bitching and shit. Watching games just waiting for a chance to bitch again. But once he see's things improving he is singing a different song.

:nod:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we wouldn't be so worried if he didn't openly resent our passion for the program.

I mean.. He's talking about us specifically when he "bemoans the scrutiny".

He looks down on us for our 24/7 365 obsession. Like one article said, he should embrace it. It is indeed something we have going for us that other elite programs don't.

I don't think he resents the passion. he may not yet understand it completely. He didn't grow up in it. That doesn't make him wrong.