• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska sues B1G over cancelled season

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it’s working.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they do, these are public institutions (Northwestern exception) hence Tom Mars filing his as a FOIA. The public has a right to the info... students are part of that body.
Except all aren’t and the B10 isn’t. Northwestern isn’t. FOIR would have to be submitted individually to each public institution. The B10 is kinda in the middle, not bound to ALL the same FOI rules. And they released the vote.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same as being financially punished, forced by contract to one organization and unable to jump ship. If Tom Brady ignores team rules he can be fined. If he ignored league rules he can be fined. If he wanted out the Bucks own his contract and he can’t.
If you are going to school and living in a dorm on a scholarship, it most certainly is WORSE. You could lose your entire life...housing, food, school.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except all aren’t and the B10 isn’t. Northwestern isn’t. FOIR would have to be submitted individually to each public institution. The B10 is kinda in the middle, not bound to ALL the same FOI rules. And they released the vote.

The FOIA requests were sent to the 13 schools.

Genune question, why would the B1G be different? It is a nonprofit (501c3), correct? Why would it not be held to the same FOIA requests if they were submitted?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FOIA requests were sent to the 13 schools.

Genune question, why would the B1G be different? It is a nonprofit (501c3), correct? Why would it not be held to the same FOIA requests if they were submitted?
Because the NCAA and the B10 are non profit organization and not government entities. They have presidents and boards and aren’t in any way controlled by government. the term FOIA is only applicable to federal government records. State and local governments have their public access statutes that are very similar to the the federal FOIA statute but go by other terms (state access request or public access request).

you can apply for a FOIR to each school to get their interactions with the organization, contracts ect but you can’t do the same for the B10. The B10 leadership can have totally private meetings not subject to public information. Then send proposals to the schools. Those documents would be subject to those requests by school. The meeting that created them within the B10 would not.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to school and living in a dorm on a scholarship, it most certainly is WORSE. You could lose your entire life...housing, food, school.
Nah. Because if Justin fields got kicked off OSU for a violation he’d transfer to another school like nothing and have the same exact thing.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Nebraska and a$m left the bickering stopped in the Big12. They cannot come back. They are some one else’s problem now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me wonders if both Nebraksa and the B1G regret the marriage now.

I seriously doubt it. Nebraska is a diploma mill and moron den where a student pretty much needs just a pulse and a social security number to get admitted. Being affiliated with the Big Ten will raise the academic reputation over time and get them access to a financial windfall of research grants.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safest place these kids can be is quarantined as a group. They’re also the lowest at risk demographic given that they’re in peak psychical condition. Not to mention they’ll be tested more than any other person out there.
Um I work in a children’s hospital! I get my temperature checked every morning. I go through 6 hand sanitation’s before I get to my work area. At lunch I have to sanitize my hands before ordering my food. Then on the way to the lunch room I go through 6 yes 6 more sanitizing stations. My hands are dry as Fvk

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um I work in a children’s hospital! I get my temperature checked every morning. I go through 6 hand sanitation’s before I get to my work area. At lunch I have to sanitize my hands before ordering my food. Then on the way to the lunch room I go through 6 yes 6 more sanitizing stations. My hands are dry as Fvk
Dude that’s insane :eek:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quote from the article:

"The Big Ten has 10 days to produce the documents."

9c73eab2e835201d483c744065e7c07f

Hurry up Jimmy, Kevin Warren is gonna need some help with the editn' and cuttin' & pastin' doze documents.

bvkccqrcd4ykuerarobm.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't think I was going to let you off the hook on this did you? Everybody around here knows you and maize&blew are a couple of blabbering idiots relating to all subject nature. The Big 10 will provide the requested data, and I'm gonna ride you like a rented mule through the whole ordeal.
Big Ten Ordered to Produce All Documents Related to Vote, Full Conference Bylaws in Response to Nebraska Players’ Lawsuit

We want the data that went into Warren's decision making regardless of whether he moon-walks said decision.
What data do you want?
The data that was requested, denied, and now the subject of a lawsuit.
Until you read and understand what data was requested......... Shut up, stupid.
They lost the lawsuit. The B10 officially came out and said the vote was 11-3. The end.

It honestly doesn't matter why the presidents chose to shut it down so long as they voted and more than 60% agreed. their medical experts thought it wasn't safe enough, the end.
That is just one aspect of the lawsuit and only one piece of information being sought.

Where do you see that the judge threw out the lawsuit based on one question being answered?

Link?
Students have no right to the information presidents used in their opinions to shut down football. The vote was 11-14, it wasn't even close. They're free to transfer to other schools.
You said they "Lost the lawsuit".

How do you lose a lawsuit that has yet to be ruled on or tossed?

You're once again trying to moon-walk your stupidity. It's how libtards roll when facts are presented to them. It's mental gymnatics. oscar had trained you well.
Because it was lost when they filed it, and especially lost when announced yesterday (as required) the exact vote that illustrates presidents overwhelmingly voted to cancel the season. Students have no legal right to the information used to vote cancel the season
They had until yesterday to answer very specifically the vote. So they did. They were under no obligation to respond to any other aspect of the lawsuit. The B10 voted 11-3 to cancel the season. The end.
They haven't. But it's over. You know it's over. They lost as soon as the B10 revealed the official vote. They were hoping the conference didn't do something officially, wouldn't give the numbers and the presidents gave them exactly what they hoped didn't exist. SO it's over. They can file lawsuit after lawsuit asking for their justifications, but they have no legal right to it. So its' over.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't think I was going to let you off the hook on this did you? Everybody around here knows you and maize&blew are a couple of blabbering idiots relating to all subject nature. The Big 10 will provide the requested data, and I'm gonna ride you like a rented mule through the whole ordeal.
Big Ten Ordered to Produce All Documents Related to Vote, Full Conference Bylaws in Response to Nebraska Players’ Lawsuit
Yeah, it's over. The B10 is going to wait until the 12, produce some document saying what the vote was that we already know and that's that. Just like they waited until the deadline to say the vote was 11-3. And now it's looking like We may have a start date for the B10 again before the B10 even has to produce any requested documents if recent news about a re-vote is true. Nothing will come of this lawsuit, it was lost from the start and the biggest accomplishment will be wasting time getting some documents from the b10 that shows what we already know.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's over. The B10 is going to wait until the 12, produce some document saying what the vote was that we already know and that's that. Just like they waited until the deadline to say the vote was 11-3. And now it's looking like We may have a start date for the B10 again before the B10 even has to produce any requested documents if recent news about a re-vote is true. Nothing will come of this lawsuit, it was lost from the start and the biggest accomplishment will be wasting time getting some documents from the b10 that shows what we already know.

As is always the case, you are a Grade A blithering dumb-ass.

The judge already shot down your entire day of arguments. I was 100% correct on every one of my points, and you were 100% wrong on every one of yours.

It comes as no surprise you're now doubling down with your idiocy on her most recent ruling.

The Big 10 is the defendant. The response they provided to the court (the plaintiff) was unacceptable. Releasing a simple "It was 11-3" statement to the media is not an acceptable response in court.

The judge is in control here, not Kevin Warren, not the chancellors and presidents.

STFU for once in your miserable life and Watch and Learn.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is always the case, you are a Grade A blithering dumb-ass.

The judge already shot down your entire day of arguments. I was 100% correct on every one of my points, and you were 100% wrong on every one of yours.

It comes as no surprise you're now doubling down with your idiocy on her most recent ruling.

The Big 10 is the defendant. The response they provided to the court (the plaintiff) was unacceptable. Releasing a simple "It was 11-3" statement to the media is not an acceptable response in court.

The judge is in control here, not Kevin Warren, not the chancellors and presidents.

STFU for once in your miserable life and Watch and Learn.
Nope, all the judge did was ask for more detail. The lawsuit is still frivolous, pointless and going to end up with the B10 providing everything to the judge he needs to dismiss it. You think this is going to lead to some data dump that is a gotcha moment for Nebraska. It isn't. It's going to be the B10 releasing the documents on the vote, going to prove what we know and then the lawsuit is going to get dumped.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, all the judge did was ask for more detail. The lawsuit is still frivolous, pointless and going to end up with the B10 providing everything to the judge he needs to dismiss it.

You're too fucking stupid to know "he" is a she.

You've read nothing. You're just a blithering idiot. The judge ordered them to answer what was intentionally omitted from their response.

It's a bad idea to play games with a judge. It's a bad idea to give the impression to a judge that you think they are stupid.

You think this has only to do with an 11-3 vote "Because we said so".

I won't be spending a lot of time educating you on what you should be educating yourself on before making your dumb-ass statements for all to see.
I'll simply remind you of your stupidity when the Big 10 either answers within 10 days or files a motion for more time. Because that's the way the judicial system works.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too fucking stupid to know "he" is a she.

You've read nothing. You're just a blithering idiot. The judge ordered them to answer what was intentionally omitted from their response.

It's a bad idea to play games with a judge. It's a bad idea to give the impression to a judge that you think they are stupid.

You think this has only to do with an 11-3 vote "Because we said so".

I won't be spending a lot of time educating you on what you should be educating yourself on before making your dumb-ass statements for all to see.
I'll simply remind you of your stupidity when the Big 10 either answers within 10 days or files a motion for more time. Because that's the way the judicial system works.
Lol I didn’t know the gender of the judge so I just be wrong. That’s your argument? My argument comes from merit. The Nebraska players filed a frivolous lawsuit. A lawsuit the judge is asking for some basic documents before she throws it out the window.

hell. The B10 may just keep kicking the can because they can. Give as little information as possible, Lee extending dates. It’s a great way to make the players run out of money as an organization with a shit ton of it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I didn’t know the gender of the judge so I just be wrong. That’s your argument? My argument comes from merit. The Nebraska players filed a frivolous lawsuit. A lawsuit the judge is asking for some basic documents before she throws it out the window.

hell. The B10 may just keep kicking the can because they can. Give as little information as possible, Lee extending dates. It’s a great way to make the players run out of money as an organization with a shit ton of it.

If it were frivolous the judge would have "thrown it out" day 1.

You're an ignorant moron to think the judge is only requiring 'basic documents'.

The Big 10 is a defendant. A defendant in a COURT.
They extend NOTHING on their own. They tell NOBODY (the plaintiff or the judge) what they're going to do. They can simply request an extension from the judge. She has no obligation to give it to them.

You then go on to imply the Big 10 is playing games with a court (judge). That is a really bad idea.

If so, then next up comes "contempt".

Wouldn't that be a headline of beauty?

"Big 10 held in contempt for snubbing their sanctimonious nose at judge"

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... If you'd read any of the filings that you're blithering like an idiot about. You'd know the judge is a woman.

Her name is mentioned so many times you can't miss it.

But you're the fucking expert here trying to tell everybody what the Big 10 will and won't do "Because they're the Big 10".