• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots 2021 Mock Draft

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do some homework and think about some of the craziest things thing might happen to other teams and put together a mock draft for the Patriots this year.

I'll start.............and this is one is way outside of the box.

Patriots TRADE.........................#15 (1), #46 (2) & 2022 1st Round pick to the Bengals for #5.
#5 QB Zach Wilson BYU (Other trades allow Wilson to slide down and the Jets took Lance)

Patriots Trade..........................Stephon Gilmore and #199 (6) to the Cardinals for #49 (2)
#49 WR Terrace Marshall LSU

Patriots Trade ........................#96 (3), #145 (4) to the Eagles for #70 (3)
#70 LB Jabril Cox lsu

Patriots Trade ........................#110 (4) # #171 (6) to the Falcon #108
#108 TE Tommy Tremble ND

#135 (4) WR Tommorion Terry FL St

#136 (4) Edge Daelin Hayes ND

#142 (5) OG Tommy Keamer ND

#173 (6) S Divine Deablo V. T.

#205 (7) DE Chauncey Golston Iowa

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I have the wacky stuff out of my system, I'll do what I think just might really happen.

Free Agency:

Patriots resign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one year $10M.
Patriots resign Ja,es White to a 3 year $18M.
Patriots resign C David Andrews to a three year $18M.
Patriots resign Jason McCourty to a 1 year $3M
Patriots sign LB Matt Milano 4 years $45M
Patriots sign Edge Yannick Ngokoue 4 years $60M
Patriots sign TE Gerald Everett 3 years $18M
Patriots sign S Duron Harmon to a 2 year $14M

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accidentally hit the post button....

Now that I have the wacky stuff out of my system, I'll do what I think just might really happen.

Free Agency:

Patriots resign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one year $10M.
Patriots resign James White to a 3 year $18M.
Patriots resign C David Andrews to a three year $18M.
Patriots resign Jason McCourty to a 1 year $3M
Patriots sign LB Matt Milano 4 years $45M
Patriots sign Edge Yannick Ngokoue 4 years $60M
Patriots sign TE Gerald Everett 3 years $18M
Patriots sign S Duron Harmon to a 2 year $14M
Patriots sign CB Michael Davis to 2 years $16M
Patriots sign WR Kendrick Bourne to 2 years $13M

With the signings in free agency, the Patriots are about $12M-$14M over the cap. Marcus Cannon will renegotiate his contract or be cut saving the Patriots $7M either way. Stephon Gilmore will be traded and his $16M will place the Patriots $9M under the cap ($180M).

Draft

#15 WAS and IND see that Trask has slid down to 15 and both call the Patriots. Washington agrees to overpay with #19 & #51

#19 Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota

#46 Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M

Patriots trade Stephon Gilmore to the Arizona Cardinals for #49

#49 Amon-Ra St. Brown WR USC

#51 Patriots trade #51 to the Indianapolis Colts for #152, #203 and 2022 2nd round and 5th round

#96 Jabril Cox LB LSU

#110 Carlos Bashman Edge Washington

#135 Chazz Surrett LB North Carolina

#141 Marco Wilson CB Florida

#145 Landon Dickerson OL Alabama

#152 Adetokunbo Ogundegi DL ND

#171 Seth Williams WR Auburn

#173 Tyler Vrabel OL Boston College

#203 Talanoa Hufanga S USC

#205 Shane Bruechele QB Southern Methodist

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen What are you thoughts on Anthony Schwartz - Auburn WR

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think BB will give up all those picks to move up 10 spots in the draft for a QB that played in the WAC and faced minimal tough teams. I just can't see that does not make sense to me. I also can't well, won't speculate trades BB does a lot of trades for sure but usually down to grab more picks, and that is what we may see unless a high quality DT, QB or ILB are there

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accidentally hit the post button....

Draft

#15 WAS and IND see that Trask has slid down to 15 and both call the Patriots. Washington agrees to overpay with #19 & #51
:spit:

Maybe I'm underrating him but I wouldn't be shocked if Trask was still on the board in rd4

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm underrating him but I wouldn't be shocked if Trask was still on the board in rd4
Once Lawrence, Wilson, Lance and Jones are gone, panic will set in and the second tier will be like carpet dust under a Shark Vac.

Coaches who are feeling any kind of heat will make the GMs pick the guy thery want who is left or he'll hang ther GM out to dry for not grabbing someone.

"I told them to get Trask at 24 but they thought he'd be around in the 4th. All of the QBs were gone by the end of the second."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spit:

I agree he could be but as BK pointed out some team will panic and over pay / select / reach etc. Trask is hard to get a read I live where he played so I saw a lot of him, and he has improved each year. My thing is I don't see a much higher ceiling for him, and I am unsure he is an NFL Caliber starter. This being said round 4 as a game managing QB in emergency situations may be where he best fits.
Once Lawrence, Wilson, Lance and Jones are gone, panic will set in and the second tier will be like carpet dust under a Shark Vac.

Coaches who are feeling any kind of heat will make the GMs pick the guy thery want who is left or he'll hang ther GM out to dry for not grabbing someone.

"I told them to get Trask at 24 but they thought he'd be around in the 4th. All of the QBs were gone by the end of the second."
Very good chance this happens

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think BB will give up all those picks to move up 10 spots in the draft for a QB that played in the WAC and faced minimal tough teams. I just can't see that does not make sense to me.......
I have looked at QB's before and wondered why not. Most of them (QB's) have not done anything.
The QB whisperer I'm not.
I do think most of us think we can draft WR's better than Bill......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen What are you thoughts on Anthony Schwartz - Auburn WR

I'm not BigKen obviously but if you are looking for a guy that will scare the heck out of teams with his speed then you cannot beat Anthony Schwartz. Has huge special teams upside and big play ability where you can design say 5 touches a game to get the ball in his hands and see what he can do. I don't think he will ever be a true 3-down WR though as he just does not have the body type or skill set to fit that mold.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Lawrence, Wilson, Lance and Jones are gone, panic will set...
Do you really think everyone is that dumb? Once Lawrence, Wilson, Lance and Jones are gone, everyone will accept no blue chippers are left and will wait until the third round.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think everyone is that dumb?
It happens every year. One team drafts a safety and there's a run of six r seven in the next twelve picks. Washington, Chicago, Patriots have bare cupboards at QB, Minnesota, Atlants, New Orleans all have guys near the end of the line. Carolina,, Jets and Las Vegas are all getting happy feet.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not BigKen obviously but if you are looking for a guy that will scare the heck out of teams with his speed then you cannot beat Anthony Schwartz. Has huge special teams upside and big play ability where you can design say 5 touches a game to get the ball in his hands and see what he can do. I don't think he will ever be a true 3-down WR though as he just does not have the body type or skill set to fit that mold.

Greatly appreciated for that information! Patriots could use some speed for sure on offense

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz had a third virtual meeting with the Patriots yesterday according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz had a third virtual meeting with the Patriots yesterday according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.

He is a good one if you have a plan of how you are going to use him. Problem with a lot of teams and these uber athletic guys is they think if they just plug and play them in the offensive system it will work. That never seems to be the case. Heck Chiefs had to alter some of their offense early on especially to really take advantage of what Tyreek Hill brings to the table as he worked to become a more well rounded WR.

The Patriots have never really had someone like Schwartz so just not sure of the fit with a guy like McDaniels that wants things done his way.