• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots 2020 Draft Thread

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chung’s cap number is $6m this year. That is not what they’d save by cutting him. Will be more like $3.5m if they do it after June 1 with $1.9m dead money on next year’s cap (would be about cap neutral if they did it now).
Think my original math might be wrong here...think it’s only somewhere around 1.5-2.0m savings this year (after 6/1)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no damn way the Pats tank, not going to happen. I have said this before I feel they have written off this season and perhaps next. Which is not to say they will tank only that they are aware a SB run is not likely.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand taking a kicker where we did, I do not understand not drafting a QB, I do not understand not drafting a WR. It was nice to shore up the D, and it will be real interesting to see how these TEs pan out.

Overall grade IMO C+

It's actually quite simple BB puts a lot of emphasis on STs. This kid was hitting from 60 out during his pro day. He's also one of the better directional kickers. BB did ok selecting G-Ski in the 4th. Maybe he sees something we don't?

NE didn't need a QB they drafted their starter last season let's see how this works out. If it fails they have plenty of cap $ next season to go get a vet FA. There are still unsigned vets out there now and BB knows that. Glad he didn't waste a pick on one.

They don't need a WR just a QB who's not butt hurt to throw to the receivers they have. If Sanu is healthy this is a good group of WRs.

Agree on the D and TEs.

B-

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this draft and the players we got.
You might have to dig deep to appreciate the thinking.
I see some guys with a high ceiling.....

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Dugger pick in round 2. After that...... I’m no expert. But have done a lot of research and watched and read on lots and lots of players. I don’t like or understand pretty much any pick after him(besides Jennings). I don’t mind the kicker. But we could have landed him in round 7. The TE’s would have been ok picks... in round 6. The LB from Wyoming???????? The OL that we took?????? Does Belichick draft people with fingers crossed that later he can say “I told ya so!” ??

After all was said and done, I didn’t like this draft at all. Started out fine. Ended with a thud. I hope I’m wrong, but I think this was a horrible draft.

C-

Last edited:

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw not only did the Ravens absolutely crush the draft they signed my boy Rechsteiner as a UDFA. DeCosta is showing why they worked so hard to keep him around as Ozzie’s heir.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Rechsteiner was a realistic get for this team after signing Vitale who’s a similar type of player, but damn Baltimore is stacked barring a big regression by Lamar

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE didn't need a QB they drafted their starter last season let's see how this works out. If it fails they have plenty of cap $ next season to go get a vet FA. There are still unsigned vets out there now and BB knows that. Glad he didn't waste a pick on one.

Simple question.......would you want to see BB sign Aaron Rogers?? He might be available next year.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a simple question. It’s not really palatable from a cap perspective for the Packers to move on from Rodgers until 2022. And truthfully I don’t see Love taking his job any time soon.

But if somehow Rodgers is available next year and still playing at an elite level and Stidham isn’t then of course hell yes.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a simple question. It’s not really palatable from a cap perspective for the Packers to move on from Rodgers until 2022. And truthfully I don’t see Love taking his job any time soon.

But if somehow Rodgers is available next year and still playing at an elite level and Stidham isn’t then of course hell yes.
This

But I'd rather have Stidham playing at (or more likely, toward) an elite level.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had to ask. The media is shitting themselves about how Rogers is going to react to having a stud muffin QB in camp. If and When it opens. He's not the most hospitable guy toward any other QB that's ever been in the Packer camp or even as his backup.

Of course, if Love does show up AR in camp, what's to stop the pack from making a deal??

I was actually laughing out loud at just how insane this stuff can really get.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question.......would you want to see BB sign Aaron Rogers?? He might be available next year.
That would depend on three things for me.
1. How did Stidhman do this year?
2. Who else is available draft/FA/trade?
3. At what cost and length of contract?

So I'm not saying no, just need all the other criteria applied first.

Like many not a fan of his diva attitude.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wanted him to sign a rookie QB this year. Dalton may also become available who knows

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE drafted Stidhman in the 4th as a potential successor to Brady last year. Obviously BB didn't see the value in selecting or trading up for another QB during this draft.

Good draft by Nike and BB. This class will pay dividends for years to come. I like having one of the best directional kickers in the draft that can also hit effectively from beyond 60.

If they Pats struggle this year they'll have plenty of picks and cap coming next year. I like where we are.

Stidham Patriots Draft - Bing News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great skill, bad team mate...
That said, yeah, I'd be ok with it depending on how Stidham does this year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a great comparison to the Patriots 2020 free agency and draft.

Free Agency is like the great open air market where people sell their fresh goods and you a pay a premium for really fresh, great stuff. The Patriots went to the market but didn't have the cash to load up, but at the end, they still picked up a few bargains. Nothing you can really use as the main course or as the main part of a salad.

The draft is like going to the supermarket to do the weekly shopping for the entire family. Some people can afford to go early and get the meat cutters to cut tenderloins and sirloins. Other can afford the expensive vegetables like fresh asparagus and organic stuff. Some people can afford to spend $300 (multiple first round picks). Then you have the Patriots who were looking at chuck roast and decided that Hamburg and frozen chicken fingers were more economical and might feed more meals. Near the end of the draft they were at the bakery looking at the day old bread and manager's special cupcakes. They left the store with a basket full of groceries and hopefully they can put together seven solid meals and have some leftovers for a few lunches.

2021 The Patriots get to shop at Whole Foods for the really good stuff.

We just have to hope that Bill's meal plan becomes a palatable menu in 2020.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a great comparison to the Patriots 2020 free agency and draft.

Free Agency is like the great open air market where people sell their fresh goods and you a pay a premium for really fresh, great stuff. The Patriots went to the market but didn't have the cash to load up, but at the end, they still picked up a few bargains. Nothing you can really use as the main course or as the main part of a salad.

The draft is like going to the supermarket to do the weekly shopping for the entire family. Some people can afford to go early and get the meat cutters to cut tenderloins and sirloins. Other can afford the expensive vegetables like fresh asparagus and organic stuff. Some people can afford to spend $300 (multiple first round picks). Then you have the Patriots who were looking at chuck roast and decided that Hamburg and frozen chicken fingers were more economical and might feed more meals. Near the end of the draft they were at the bakery looking at the day old bread and manager's special cupcakes. They left the store with a basket full of groceries and hopefully they can put together seven solid meals and have some leftovers for a few lunches.

2021 The Patriots get to shop at Whole Foods for the really good stuff.

We just have to hope that Bill's meal plan becomes a palatable menu in 2020.
Fuck you... Now I'm hungry and it's bed time.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great skill, bad team mate...
That said, yeah, I'd be ok with it depending on how Stidham does this year.

I agree. He seems like a complete dick. But ya, I wouldn't cry if they brought him in. I'd just have to hold my nose while cheering for the Pats until he retires. The fact that Green Bay moved up in the first round to take a QB that wasn't being heralded is telling.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He seems like a complete dick. But ya, I wouldn't cry if they brought him in. I'd just have to hold my nose while cheering for the Pats until he retires. The fact that Green Bay moved up in the first round to take a QB that wasn't being heralded is telling.
It could also be a situation where they did it this way last time therefore their poop just don't stink...