• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA to release "crunch time" ref calls daily

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- The NBA will begin revealing whether it determined referees' crunch-time calls to be right or wrong.

Starting Monday and continuing throughout the playoffs, the league will release play-by-play reports of all calls and relevant no-calls in the final minutes of close games. Such information had been shared only internally.

The assessments will be released by 5 p.m. the day after each game and will stand as the league's comment on whether the most-disputed calls were correct. The reports will focus on the last two minutes of games that were within five points at the two-minute mark and all of any overtime periods.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the desire to throw their referees under the bus. Doesn't change the result and they don't need anymore pressure under those situations.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the desire to throw their referees under the bus. Doesn't change the result and they don't need anymore pressure under those situations.

It's probably a move designed to get fans to shut up about it. If their refs stank, they wouldn't make it public. They've always had access to this but they are just now making it public. So why? Because there's the perceived belief that NBA refs stink and screw over "your" team (your being whoever). The NBA is just saying all our metrics show officiating is fine so chill. It's a nice little move of transparency.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably a move designed to get fans to shut up about it. If their refs stank, they wouldn't make it public. They've always had access to this but they are just now making it public. So why? Because there's the perceived belief that NBA refs stink and screw over "your" team (your being whoever). The NBA is just saying all our metrics show officiating is fine so chill. It's a nice little move of transparency.

:agree:

Before the Tim Donaghy crap happened, there were already a lot of fans who were claiming that games were rigged and certain teams and players were favored in games. In the minds of the conspiracy theorists, Donaghy wasn't just a rogue referee, he was proof positive that the league rigged results. Other fans who were on the fence about it joined the conspiracy theorists and it's reached the point of becoming absurd.

All things considered, it's a smart move by the league. Hopefully, it will quiet some of those who like to blame refs when their team loses <cough-Celtics fans-cough>, but they'll probably just say the league is rigging those too. :lol:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find out today at 5 I guess

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said it was a foul. No surprise there.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest thing ever

Why bother? All it does is add extra thought processes and slower reaction times.

Let them referee without someone constantly trying to nitpick them. It makes them too much part of the game.

Calls are missed. Who the hell cares in the big picture...sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get screwed.

We hate it. We vent. Then we get over it and watch again.

It is part of the game, but they are 99.99% right most of the time. That is fine. The game is great.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest thing ever

Why bother? All it does is add extra thought processes and slower reaction times.

Let them referee without someone constantly trying to nitpick them. It makes them too much part of the game.

Calls are missed. Who the hell cares in the big picture...sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get screwed.

We hate it. We vent. Then we get over it and watch again.

It is part of the game, but they are 99.99% right most of the time. That is fine. The game is great.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I completely agree with everything you just said.

On the other hand... I'm tired of the constant barrage of nba conspiracy theorists and welcome the added ammunition against their stupidity.