• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Salary Cap Challenge

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should start Monday the 8th. I have a very busy week ahead. Let me know what y'all think.

That's fine it properly will take a week to get everyone signed up and informed of rules.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this one might be our Swan Song, I can't think of what we haven't done.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about starting a Hoop fantasy basketball league on yahoo, let me know if you want in...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ritz
2. Nos
3. WLK
4. Outlaw
5. UK
6. DJ
7. Trojan
8. Shaneman

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want us to bother Hammer anymore with this stuff.

So your saying your done after this draft?

I don't know the ins and outs of this place, but I would think giving you guys the ability to do this permanently shouldn't be a problem... It definitely drives traffic and user participation... You guys seem to be honest guys until voting time...:whistle: But seriously, you guys bring in a wrinkle to the site that nobody else does... Maybe start a board for you guys that includes this and other fantasy sport options so people don't have to go to other places like yahoo or cbs to play... Don't know how much work that would take but just an idea...:noidea:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the ins and outs of this place, but I would think giving you guys the ability to do this permanently shouldn't be a problem... It definitely drives traffic and user participation... You guys seem to be honest guys until voting time...:whistle: But seriously, you guys bring in a wrinkle to the site that nobody else does... Maybe start a board for you guys that includes this and other fantasy sport options so people don't have to go to other places like yahoo or cbs to play... Don't know how much work that would take but just an idea...:noidea:

I think Ritz already asked Hammer the very thing you're suggesting and Hammer shot him down!

I honestly have thought about talking to Hammer about starting fantasy leagues right here on the Hoop but I get the feeling unless you are seriously into ass licking you're not gonna get what you ask for.

I guess we will just be happy with what we got.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ritz already asked Hammer the very thing you're suggesting and Hammer shot him down!

I honestly have thought about talking to Hammer about starting fantasy leagues right here on the Hoop but I get the feeling unless you are seriously into ass licking you're not gonna get what you ask for.

I guess we will just be happy with what we got.

Seems odd... I would think anything that brought positive traffic should be considered... You guys have shown that there is a following... Oh well, to each... Now, 2 questions... 1) how many people are we drafting...? 2) what's the over/under I get Kobe in the last round...?:yahoo:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, you will have to stay under a cap so you probably have a very good shot at Kobe.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hoop couid add live scoring and that would be a major plus. (maybe throw in a fantasy hoop section as well)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have brought up doing fantasy sports on SportsHoopla and Hammer said he already has a guy if they decide to do it.

On the Mod ability issue. I have asked for Nos and myself to have mod ability on the major sport sites or create a mock draft under the Sports Forum Home page so we won't be clogging up individual sport sites with our drafts. All of the suggestions were shot down. I have learned from one unnamed Mod that Hammer will turn down all people who request Mod ability because he feels you will abuse the power. I thought after 6 months of drama free and countless mock drafts that we wouldn't have to ask for mod permission each time we wanted to draft but like usual I was wrong. So for now we just shut up, keep our head down and continue with our mock drafts. These drafts have gotten me through some rough days this past year and I am very glad ESPN's forum got shut down because it lead me to this awesome site. I truly am grateful for the limited mod ability I do have and I don't want to piss off the higher Mod's more then I usual do by asking them to vote on our playoffs. Thank you to everyone who continues to do these drafts with Nos and myself it's a pleasure drafting with you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said buddy...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have brought up doing fantasy sports on SportsHoopla and Hammer said he already has a guy if they decide to do it.

On the Mod ability issue. I have asked for Nos and myself to have mod ability on the major sport sites or create a mock draft under the Sports Forum Home page so we won't be clogging up individual sport sites with our drafts. All of the suggestions were shot down. I have learned from one unnamed Mod that Hammer will turn down all people who request Mod ability because he feels you will abuse the power. I thought after 6 months of drama free and countless mock drafts that we wouldn't have to ask for mod permission each time we wanted to draft but like usual I was wrong. So for now we just shut up, keep our head down and continue with our mock drafts. These drafts have gotten me through some rough days this past year and I am very glad ESPN's forum got shut down because it lead me to this awesome site. I truly am grateful for the limited mod ability I do have and I don't want to piss off the higher Mod's more then I usual do by asking them to vote on our playoffs. Thank you to everyone who continues to do these drafts with Nos and myself it's a pleasure drafting with you guys.

Well said buddy...

I find it fun... I haven't followed other sports like I do/did basketball... While I played football for years, basketball has always been my sport of choice... Anyway I think it should have a spot but I have no power here, but no matter what I will support you guys... And for the record, I take my time with my votes and look up the stuff I don't know... So soon I should be able to join in other things...:suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning everyone...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2