• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Rutschman and Henderson have proved themselves already at the major league level--- I would rate them - along with the prospects like this:

1. Rutschman- MVP level team leader and catcher
2. Holiday- one of the best prospects in years
3. Henderson- already an All Star level 3B- they have him playing SS this year--- probably to clear room for Mayo soon- or for Westburg to play a little 3B
4. Mayo- only 22- hes a third basemen- but hes a consensus top 30 prospect
5. Basallo- only 19- but hes looked reeally good- consensus he is ranked higher than Mayo - a top 20 guy almost everywhere- but hes still at least 2 years away-- hes listed as C/1B but he prob. ends up being mostly 1B- will eventually replace Mountcastle
6. Cowser- great outfield prospect- very highly rated- 24--- he should be up soon but they just dnt have a spot for him since the vets Mullins and Santander are both very solid above average guys.
7. Bradfield- proto-type CF- 22- he is their CF of the future
8. Kjersted--- in some systems he would be #1--- here (after Henderson and Rutscham who are obv. not rooks anymore) he is at best 6....great corner outfield prospect- he is 25 and I think is a prime trade candidate.
9. Westburg- absolutely a starting level 2B -- he has had a solid start to the season
10. Kyle Stowers- another proto-type corner outfielder with power

Norby and Beavers are very solid too- NOrby an undersized infield-- a little Pedroia like- and Beavers another corner big bodied corner outfielder.

I think Kjersted eventually gets dealt. I think Westburg or Norby could get dealt.....

2 years down the line I think they look like:

C- Rutschman
1B- Basallo
2B- Holiday
3B- Mayo
SS- Holiday
CF- Bradfield
LF- Cowser
RF- still Santander? Mullins? Stowers or Beavers?

Not all prospects work out- but I have to say---- I would count on just about all of those guys working out- they all have great profiles. I think WEstburg and Kjersted work out too--- I think Norby works out.....Stowers and Beavers have a little bit more hit or miss too them.

who do you sign and who do you trade?

I have never seen a system like this. The next closest was the young Cubs that really fell apart a lot quicker than people thought they would (Bryant, Rizzo, Schwarber, Contreras, Addison Russell (who didnt pan out), Heyward (who they aquired obv.), Happ)

Indians had similar but they had more veterans sprinkled in and it wasnt all at the same exact time --- Belle, Manny, Thome, Baerga, Vizquel, Lofton--- there was more seperation with Belle and say Manny. Though they were all on the team together for a while.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belle, Manny, Thome driving in Lofton, Baerga, Vizquel is just sick- but Vizquel really didnt develop into the hitter he became until later---- when Baerga was gone--- and of course they did replace him with Robbie Alomar (joining his brother Sandy who was an all star catcher)

if you want to give someone a trivia question- ask them the only team to score 1000 runs since 1960.

the 1999 Cleveland Indians

Lofton- .301 avg., .405 obp, 110 R, 25 SB
Vizquel- .333 avg., .397 obp, 112 R, 42 SB
Robbie Alomar- .323 avg., .422 OBP, 138 R, 37 SB, 24 HR, 120 RBI (gold glove- an all time 2nd base year- maybe the best defensive MI in history)
Thome- .277 avg., .426 obp, 33 HR, 108 RBI
Manny Ramirez- .333 avg., .442 OBP , 44 HR, 165 RBIs (how fucking sick is it that the LOWEST OBP of their first 6 hitters was .397?)
David Justice- .301 avg., .413, 21 hr, 88 rbi
Richie Sexson - .255 avg., .305 OBP 31 HR, 115 RBIS batting 7th!!!
Travis Fryman (only 85 games-injured) - .255 avg., .309 obp 10 hr 48 rbis
Einar Diaz - C- (only weak spot)- .281 avg., .328 obp 3 hr 32 rbi (Sandy was hurt--- only played 37 games- but did hit .307/.322 obp

Easily one of the best offenses of all time---- not much pitcing though unfortunately--- I wonder if this is the Orioles fate.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belle, Manny, Thome driving in Lofton, Baerga, Vizquel is just sick- but Vizquel really didnt develop into the hitter he became until later---- when Baerga was gone--- and of course they did replace him with Robbie Alomar (joining his brother Sandy who was an all star catcher)

if you want to give someone a trivia question- ask them the only team to score 1000 runs since 1960.

the 1999 Cleveland Indians

Lofton- .301 avg., .405 obp, 110 R, 25 SB
Vizquel- .333 avg., .397 obp, 112 R, 42 SB
Robbie Alomar- .323 avg., .422 OBP, 138 R, 37 SB, 24 HR, 120 RBI (gold glove- an all time 2nd base year- maybe the best defensive MI in history)
Thome- .277 avg., .426 obp, 33 HR, 108 RBI
Manny Ramirez- .333 avg., .442 OBP , 44 HR, 165 RBIs (how fucking sick is it that the LOWEST OBP of their first 6 hitters was .397?)
David Justice- .301 avg., .413, 21 hr, 88 rbi
Richie Sexson - .255 avg., .305 OBP 31 HR, 115 RBIS batting 7th!!!
Travis Fryman (only 85 games-injured) - .255 avg., .309 obp 10 hr 48 rbis
Einar Diaz - C- (only weak spot)- .281 avg., .328 obp 3 hr 32 rbi (Sandy was hurt--- only played 37 games- but did hit .307/.322 obp

Easily one of the best offenses of all time---- not much pitcing though unfortunately--- I wonder if this is the Orioles fate.
That lineup was wild.

As great as it was, Doc Gooden only managed to get 3 wins in 20 some starts.

Of the three offenses post integration that stand out, none made the WS.

Good thing to think about while witnessing teams continue to pay huge money to lock down elite pitching talent.

Cool night for the Naylor family tonight. Only the sixth pair of brothers to do it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That lineup was wild.

As great as it was, Doc Gooden only managed to get 3 wins in 20 some starts.

Of the three offenses post integration that stand out, none made the WS.

Good thing to think about while witnessing teams continue to pay huge money to lock down elite pitching talent.

Cool night for the Naylor family tonight. Only the sixth pair of brothers to do it.
very true--- lost to Boston 3-2 in the Division series- Prime Pedro Martinez pitched 10 innings gave up 0 runs and 3 hits to that lineup. Pitching in the playoffs........

Pretty wild with the Naylors- I didnt realize Josh Naylor is already 26......Bo Naylor 24..........Guardians really bring along a lot of their guys slowly.....why I dont expect ot see DeLatuer this year....Manzardo will be 24 in June---so I am guessing they do bring him up in May or June.....I think Lindor was pretty young when they brought him up but def. more exception than the rule.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Rutschman and Henderson have proved themselves already at the major league level--- I would rate them - along with the prospects like this:

1. Rutschman- MVP level team leader and catcher
2. Holiday- one of the best prospects in years
3. Henderson- already an All Star level 3B- they have him playing SS this year--- probably to clear room for Mayo soon- or for Westburg to play a little 3B
4. Mayo- only 22- hes a third basemen- but hes a consensus top 30 prospect
5. Basallo- only 19- but hes looked reeally good- consensus he is ranked higher than Mayo - a top 20 guy almost everywhere- but hes still at least 2 years away-- hes listed as C/1B but he prob. ends up being mostly 1B- will eventually replace Mountcastle
6. Cowser- great outfield prospect- very highly rated- 24--- he should be up soon but they just dnt have a spot for him since the vets Mullins and Santander are both very solid above average guys.
7. Bradfield- proto-type CF- 22- he is their CF of the future
8. Kjersted--- in some systems he would be #1--- here (after Henderson and Rutscham who are obv. not rooks anymore) he is at best 6....great corner outfield prospect- he is 25 and I think is a prime trade candidate.
9. Westburg- absolutely a starting level 2B -- he has had a solid start to the season
10. Kyle Stowers- another proto-type corner outfielder with power

Norby and Beavers are very solid too- NOrby an undersized infield-- a little Pedroia like- and Beavers another corner big bodied corner outfielder.

I think Kjersted eventually gets dealt. I think Westburg or Norby could get dealt.....

2 years down the line I think they look like:

C- Rutschman
1B- Basallo
2B- Holiday
3B- Mayo
SS- Holiday
CF- Bradfield
LF- Cowser
RF- still Santander? Mullins? Stowers or Beavers?

Not all prospects work out- but I have to say---- I would count on just about all of those guys working out- they all have great profiles. I think WEstburg and Kjersted work out too--- I think Norby works out.....Stowers and Beavers have a little bit more hit or miss too them.

who do you sign and who do you trade?

I have never seen a system like this. The next closest was the young Cubs that really fell apart a lot quicker than people thought they would (Bryant, Rizzo, Schwarber, Contreras, Addison Russell (who didnt pan out), Heyward (who they aquired obv.), Happ)

Indians had similar but they had more veterans sprinkled in and it wasnt all at the same exact time --- Belle, Manny, Thome, Baerga, Vizquel, Lofton--- there was more seperation with Belle and say Manny. Though they were all on the team together for a while.

They probably deal Westburg for a SP once Mayo comes up which is looking like this year with how he's hitting. But having just brought up Holliday they will wait until June at least.

Maybe next year and or see if they can also platoon one of the guys in the OF. Westburg plays all 3 IF slots already

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84 @Shanemansj13 @bksballer89 @Stakesarehigh @trojanfan12

Where are we at for UFC 300?

I got Zhang Welli, Do Bronx, Gaethe and Alex Perriera.

Max didn’t learn from that ass whoppin Poirier gave him.

He’s not big enough.

I love me some Sweet Dreams.

But he is making a huge mistake thinking he’s gonna walk through Alex.

Both have power.

Who lands first?

Kayla Harrison vs Holms….yawn.
I got the same as you. I think Kayla Harrison rag dolls Holly Holms. I'm geeked for Saturday.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true--- lost to Boston 3-2 in the Division series- Prime Pedro Martinez pitched 10 innings gave up 0 runs and 3 hits to that lineup. Pitching in the playoffs........

Pretty wild with the Naylors- I didnt realize Josh Naylor is already 26......Bo Naylor 24..........Guardians really bring along a lot of their guys slowly.....why I dont expect ot see DeLatuer this year....Manzardo will be 24 in June---so I am guessing they do bring him up in May or June.....I think Lindor was pretty young when they brought him up but def. more exception than the rule.
wonder if Josh would be willing to take a little less to stay and play with his bro an extra few seasons?

He's turned into a hell of a player.....but not sure he's ever smiled.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if Josh would be willing to take a little less to stay and play with his bro an extra few seasons?

He's turned into a hell of a player.....but not sure he's ever smiled.
His brother is a grown ass man so no

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His brother is a grown ass man so no
I mean, he might for the earlier security (not that he shouldn't already be set for life). I think the only reason so many want to get to FA is their agents - who have nothing to lose if they regress with so many other clients - talk them into waiting.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO signed QB Kellen Mond. They also have Carr, Haener, and Peterman.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fully expect Howard to start but holy shit if Sayin is pushing him that kid has a high ceiling
If that's the story I saw was no mention of Air Noland. Have to think a decent chance he makes his way to the portal at some point if these reports are on the money.