• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I think he embellished on the pro athletes numbers. I think it would've been in his best interest to deliver his point across in an accurate manner to simply bring up some athletes having to suddenly retire from heart issues post-vaccine and videos of soccer players simply dropping on the field (not necessarily death); but there's not enough data to support his hypothesis right now.

Embellished?

Or flat out made up?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say embellished. There maybe may have been a few deaths of athletes due to the vaccine. I doubt it's a hundred though.

There may have been?

Can you name 1 who died because of the vaccine?

Athletes collapse and die occasionally. It happens.

Assuming that because a couple did, that it was due to the vaccine is incredibly stupid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the argument of play defense for those that is satisfied with the current rules in the media liked stopping Mahomes and that offense is so easy

13 seconds. THIRTEEN SECONDS. If you can't hold a team for 13 seconds from the kickoff, you deserve to lose. Plain and simple.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 seconds. THIRTEEN SECONDS. If you can't hold a team for 13 seconds from the kickoff, you deserve to lose. Plain and simple.
To add to that, how do you not realize one of the best TE's in the NFL history is wide open. Sucks for Josh Allen bc he was amazing but the defense absolutely let him down. Pathetic.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name 1 who died because of the vaccine?

Athletes collapse and die occasionally. It happens.

Assuming that because a couple did, that it was due to the vaccine is incredibly stupid.
You say stupid, I say short-sighted and closed off from accepting alternative data.

I've said it over and over again, and will repeat myself. The vaccines should be applied at specific risk profiles; athletes I'd say are at the very low-end of those that should need a vaccine for Covid.

Athletes collapsing prior to Covid is incredibly rare. There are a multitude of studies showing that myocarditis are one of the side effects of the vaccine to the point that Pfizer has even acquired a pharmaceutical company that specializes in heart failure and other areas in that arena.

My point is not to take this into the politics forum. I'm just taking an alternative stance as I'm willing to hear arguments from both side of the aisle, and at the same time, mentioning that there's inconsistencies that exist.

Do I think Stockton embellished on the deaths of athletes due to the vaccine? Definitely. Do I think there's validity to his stance on Gonzaga's mask mandates and the data that exists everywhere else in the country? That is where I agree with him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that, how do you not realize one of the best TE's in the NFL history is wide open. Sucks for Josh Allen bc he was amazing but the defense absolutely let him down. Pathetic.
Tre White was sorely missed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say stupid, I say short-sighted and closed off from accepting alternative data.

I've said it over and over again, and will repeat myself. The vaccines should be applied at specific risk profiles; athletes I'd say are at the very low-end of those that should need a vaccine for Covid.

Athletes collapsing prior to Covid is incredibly rare. There are a multitude of studies showing that myocarditis are one of the side effects of the vaccine to the point that Pfizer has even acquired a pharmaceutical company that specializes in heart failure and other areas in that arena.

My point is not to take this into the politics forum. I'm just taking an alternative stance as I'm willing to hear arguments from both side of the aisle, and at the same time, mentioning that there's inconsistencies that exist.

Do I think Stockton embellished on the deaths of athletes due to the vaccine? Definitely. Do I think there's validity to his stance on Gonzaga's mask mandates and the data that exists everywhere else in the country? That is where I agree with him.

Complaining about mask mandates is such a 1st world issue. Wearing a mask is a minor inconvenience.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is literally 2 decent completions. They should have played a different defense but getting 35 yards in 13 seconds with 3 timeouts isn't that hard.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is literally 2 decent completions. They should have played a different defense but getting 35 yards in 13 seconds with 3 timeouts isn't that hard.

If that is true, the Chiefs underperformed by not scoring over 100 pts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any form of sudden death is problematic, IMO

Either play another quarter, or guarantee equal possessions.

I disagree. That likely involves too many extra plays and can put the team that wins at a big disadvantage going into the next week. Not only will they be more "beat up", but you're risking injury to a top player.

By the end of the Bills/Chiefs game, neither defense was stopping the opposing offense. With guaranteed equal possessions, they might still be playing. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not talking about a mask mandate. I am talking about the bold faced lie that Stockton told.

There is nothing embellished. He made it up. Arguments about what? Are you arguing that 100s of athletes have died from the vaccine?

I asked you to name 1.

That is not politics. It is calling out dangerous stupidity.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. That likely involves too many extra plays and can put the team that wins at a big disadvantage going into the next week. Not only will they be more "beat up", but you're risking injury to a top player.

By the end of the Bills/Chiefs game, neither defense was stopping the opposing offense. With guaranteed equal possessions, they might still be playing. lol

OT is 5 minutes max, and I think most are stumping for a change to the playoff rules mostly (which is a somewhat rare occurrence).

Ask the Bills if they were willing to risk further injury and exhaustion. They have plenty of time to get rested and healthy now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is true, the Chiefs underperformed by not scoring over 100 pts.

Buffalo going to try and prevent Hill beating them deep there. Like i said they should have defended different but lets not act like the best QB in football completing 2 passes for 35 yards with all 3 of his timeouts is all that difficult. The bills big fuck up was on the kickoff.

35 yards is all that was needed to get them in fg range.

Bills defensive strategy was bad there. What they could have easily done is tackle all the chiefs eligible receivers and take a 5 yd penalty. By doing that the clock goes down a bit and they only would gain 5 yards

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about a mask mandate. I am talking about the bold faced lie that Stockton told.

There is nothing embellished. He made it up. Arguments about what? Are you arguing that 100s of athletes have died from the vaccine?

I asked you to name 1.

Like I noted before, he was likely being facetious. That quote is lacking tone and context. He's anti max mandate, so clearly he thinks everyone is at lesser risk.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo going to try and prevent Hill beating them deep there. Like i said they should have defended different but lets not act like the best QB in football completing 2 passes for 35 yards with all 3 of his timeouts is all that difficult. The bills big fuck up was on the kickoff.

35 yards is all that was needed to get them in fg range.

Bills defensive strategy was bad there. What they could have easily done is tackle all the chiefs eligible receivers and take a 5 yd penalty. By doing that the clock goes down a bit and they only would gain 5 yards

Everything about the defensive strategy was bad. They should've dropped at least 8 instead of rushing 4, daring Mahomes to scramble and eat clock.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I asked you to name 1.

He always on that side