• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are $73M over the cap...not a problem they can resolve that issue year after year but who is gone? And if they do want to trade for Wilson will they have the roster to compete for a championship? A lot of question in New Orleans. I think it's either Wilson or rebuild, no point in being the borderline playoff team without your future QB. Plus losing Payton is huge imo he was a genius

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have provided a link earlier in this thread detailing athletes that have recently had to retire due to heart conditions or reported on the manner. Deaths have also become nebulous as well in terms of did a person die of Covid or with Covid.

Given where we're at with the information that is out there, neither you or I would be able to really argue whether someone (athlete or not) died of the vaccine/Covid.

Is retiring the same as dying?

Have athletes had to retire due to heart conditions before COVID?

Is there any correlation?

Pretty clear no on the first, yes on the second, and absolutely no evidence of correlation.

In other words, Stockton is making shit up for shock value. That is why we are currently on the mess we are with people believing wildly false reports.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty clear no on the first, yes on the second, and absolutely no evidence of correlation.

In other words, Stockton is making shit up for shock value. That is why we are currently on the mess we are with people believing wildly false reports.

Especially soccer players

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think you need to understand data and analytics. Athletes before have had to retire due to heart conditions, prior to Covid. What does that rate look like now?

In terms of the bolded, what mess are we in due to Stockton's beliefs? Covid was never going to go away. Having a fully vaccinated society was never going to happen, and we have enough data in place to identify that even then, you're still going to catch Covid (see Israel and the UK as examples). It's come to the point that several countries in Europe have abandoned vaccines and mask mandates altogether (see UK, Denmark, Ireland, as examples).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think you need to understand data and analytics. Athletes before have had to retire due to heart conditions, prior to Covid. What does that rate look like now?

In terms of the bolded, what mess are we in due to Stockton's beliefs? Covid was never going to go away. Having a fully vaccinated society was never going to happen, and we have enough data in place to identify that even then, you're still going to catch Covid (see Israel and the UK as examples). It's come to the point that several countries in Europe have abandoned vaccines and mask mandates altogether (see UK, Denmark, Ireland, as examples).

Any way you try to twist this, Stockton was lying.

The mess relates to misinformation such as this being spread to people looking for any excuse not to get vaxxed.

That is all I care to get into here.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The mess relates to misinformation such as this being spread to people looking for any excuse not to get vaxxed.

That is all I care to get into here.
Never said Stockton wasn't lying/embellishing.

Stockton doesn't want to get vaxxed, he's still alive. He's making his own evaluation and taking a risk. At this point, if you're in the US, you could get vaccinated if you want to. Again, what does him being vaccinated or not matter to you? You could get Covid from him whether he was or not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stockton doesn't want to get vaxxed, he's still alive. He's making his own evaluation and taking a risk. At this point, if you're in the US, you could get vaccinated if you want to. Again, what does him being vaccinated or not matter to you? You could get Covid from him whether he was or not.

Embellishing is an exaggeration based on something true.

When I asked you if he was embellishing, or making it up, you doubled down on embellishing.

There is zero truth behind his claims of athletes dying.

That is a lie, not an embellishment. There is a big difference there.

It is fine if Stockton wants to go maskless and be unvaxxed. But don’t use your fame to spread lies. That is messed up.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're making this a different issue. He's entitled to do what he wants with his body. Spewing complete falsehoods does no one any good.

Someone mentioned perhaps he was being facetious...hopefully thats the case.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, when we were told that it was just a 2 week lockdown to "flatten the curve"...was that a lie or misinformation?
When we were told that the vaccine was 1 shot and would keep people from spreading or catching the virus...was that a lie or misinformation?
When the vaccine became 2 shots, then 2 shots and a booster and now we're told yearly shots and maybe every 6 months...are those lies or misinformation?
When Joe Biden said that the vaccines stop the transmission of Covid...was that a lie or misinformation?
When Joe Biden said that he would end Covid...was it a lie or misinformation?
Why were doctors told that they couldn't use certain treatments despite having had success using them?
Why has the Biden Administration suddenly pulled emergency use authorization for monoclonal antibody treatments (which appear to work for some folks) despite not having any clinical data to support the decision?

Additionally, people shouldn't need an "excuse" to not get vaxxed. The fact that they don't want to is all that should ever be necessary as last I checked, the United States has not become a fascist country or dictatorship just yet.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embellishing is an exaggeration based on something true.

When I asked you if he was embellishing, or making it up, you doubled down on embellishing.

There is zero truth behind his claims of athletes dying.

That is a lie, not an embellishment. There is a big difference there.

It is fine if Stockton wants to go maskless and be unvaxxed. But don’t use your fame to spread lies. That is messed up.
Do you know that for certain? Seems like your opinion or knowledge on the matter may be at the same level you're saying Stockton's is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making this a different issue. He's entitled to do what he wants with his body. Spewing complete falsehoods does no one any good.

Someone mentioned perhaps he was being facetious...hopefully thats the case.

Both sides have spewed plenty of falsehoods. At this point, people need to talk to their own doctor and not listen to anyone else..because this thing has gotten so politicized that both sides are full of shit.

They especially don't need to be listening to athletes...current or former.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when we were told that it was just a 2 week lockdown to "flatten the curve"...was that a lie or misinformation?
When we were told that the vaccine was 1 shot and would keep people from spreading or catching the virus...was that a lie or misinformation?
When the vaccine became 2 shots, then 2 shots and a booster and now we're told yearly shots and maybe every 6 months...are those lies or misinformation?
When Joe Biden said that the vaccines stop the transmission of Covid...was that a lie or misinformation?
When Joe Biden said that he would end Covid...was it a lie or misinformation?
Why were doctors told that they couldn't use certain treatments despite having had success using them?
Why has the Biden Administration suddenly pulled emergency use authorization for monoclonal antibody treatments (which appear to work for some folks) despite not having any clinical data to support the decision?

Additionally, people shouldn't need an "excuse" to not get vaxxed. The fact that they don't want to is all that should ever be necessary as last I checked, the United States has not become a fascist country or dictatorship just yet.
This is why you're my homie.

But I'm supposed to trust @tlance that all information on Covid that's relayed to me by the FDA, CDC and Federal Government is accurate and in my overall best interest.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides have spewed plenty of falsehoods. At this point, people need to talk to their own doctor and not listen to anyone else..because this thing has gotten so politicized that both sides are full of shit.

They especially don't need to be listening to athletes...current or former.
Wait. You mean people should be able to think for themselves and make their own decisions? That's a weird fucking concept.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know that for certain? Seems like your opinion or knowledge on the matter may be at the same level you're saying Stockton's is.

Yes.

You have failed to identify a single athlete who died because of the vaccine.

It is a lie.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why you're my homie.

But I'm supposed to trust @tlance that all information on Covid that's relayed to me by the FDA, CDC and Federal Government is accurate and in my overall best interest.

You do you.

But don’t spread lies.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. You mean people should be able to think for themselves and make their own decisions? That's a weird fucking concept.

Funny, but sadly true story.

I am vaxxed (but am seriously dragging my feet about the booster).

Before boosters became a thing I mentioned in the PF that when making the decision to get vaccinated, I did it by looking up all of the info that I could find, both for and against...then made my decision.

I was criticized because I "should have just gone and gotten it as soon as I could". lol