• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. The kickoff is where the bills dropped the ball

While that would've helped, there is just no excuse for failing to defend 50 yards for 13 seconds. If you're going to play prevent (which I despise), why have linebackers 20 yards off the ball instead of reserve DBs? Did Leslie Frazier just cost himself a job opportunity?

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady bragged about abusing opponents and the officials verbally, then got flagged for it - finally.
Suh was screaming in Stafford's face and pointing at him, absolutely can be read as taunting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns just weren’t listening to the right people. Here’s QB guru Jordan Palmer calling Josh Allen the most talented QB he’s ever seen. Browns went with the safe and the conventional wisdom.

Talented? Sure but we have seen talented guys fail in the NFL so that really isn't the only argument. Still nothing I said was wrong, the guy was an inaccurate QB that many experts thought would be a bust after year one and even year two. He had an AMAZING turnaround. Bc Jordan Palmer, one guy, got his prediction right does not refute anything I said. It's about developing the player as well and the system. Maybe they don't hire Stefanski if Allen gets drafted? Bc I'm also not sure he would be the same player under Stefanski. The Browns aren't exactly an organization that has a great track record so just bc Team A drafted Player A does not mean it would turn out the same way if Team B drafted Player A. I wish it worked that way.

I mean the Browns could have drafted a handful of guys over the years: Watson. I don't like look at it as they missed on that guy bc every situation is different but Allen is one hell of a QB and he deserves it for the hard work he put in. He isn't the same player he was when he was drafted.

In the end, Dorsey did get the Mahomes pick right so he was trusted but to this point Buffalo without a doubt got their pick right but they are still in the same position as the Browns....losing to the Chiefs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talented? Sure but we have seen talented guys fail in the NFL so that really isn't the only argument. Still nothing I said was wrong, the guy was an inaccurate QB that many experts thought would be a bust after year one and even year two. He had an AMAZING turnaround. Bc Jordan Palmer, one guy, got his prediction right does not refute anything I said. It's about developing the player as well and the system. Maybe they don't hire Stefanski if Allen gets drafted? Bc I'm also not sure he would be the same player under Stefanski. The Browns aren't exactly an organization that has a great track record so just bc Team A drafted Player A does not mean it would turn out the same way if Team B drafted Player A. I wish it worked that way.

I mean the Browns could have drafted a handful of guys over the years: Watson. I don't like look at it as they missed on that guy bc every situation is different but Allen is one hell of a QB and he deserves it for the hard work he put in. He isn't the same player he was when he was drafted.

In the end, Dorsey did get the Mahomes pick right so he was trusted but to this point Buffalo without a doubt got their pick right but they are still in the same position as the Browns....losing to the Chiefs.
Yikes. So Bills Texans Browns Jags… all the same….not Super Bowl champs. I’m just saying that Mayfield over Allen is why the Browns will always be the Browns. I join your lament. The Eagles have the same tortured existence. JJ Arciega Whiteside should have been DK Metcalf and Jaelen Reagor should have Justin Jefferson.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. So Bills Texans Browns Jags… all the same….not Super Bowl champs. I’m just saying that Mayfield over Allen is why the Browns will always be the Browns. I join your lament. The Eagles have the same tortured existence. JJ Arciega Whiteside should have been DK Metcalf and Jaelen Reagor should have Justin Jefferson.

I wasn't sold on Allen either. That said I liked him better than Rosen or Darnold. My concern was his accuracy throwing the ball.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't sold on Allen either. That said I liked him better than Rosen or Darnold. My concern was his accuracy throwing the ball.
As was pointed out in that article I posted, it was accuracy throwing to guys without NFL talent.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @ChiefsLakers67

Tough way to go out
You may have taken some crap for that but cannot imagine anyone wasn't thinking it.

Wow would that suck to be a Bills' fan after that one. Far worse than any of the "THE" games Cleveland fans have endured (drive, shot, etc).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? He's been clean through two weeks of the playoffs. None of the 4 turnovers yesterday were on him and he outdueled Brady (again).

SF/LA will come down to LA's rush defense IMO.
Based on watching him for the last 10 years or so, he tried to fumble the game away yesterday.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as team outcome, yes the same. Of course the Bills future looks a hell of a lot brighter but if we look back in 5 years and Allen has 2 MVP's but Baker has a SB title, who is the real winner? Not comparing it player to player and I kinda doubt the Browns get a SB before Buffalo at this point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bills dropped the ball. They should have done a squib kick
I wouldn't have squibbed as that can easily be downed quickly at the 40 or so. I'd have kicked deep to the 5-10 so they have to return it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine was actually:
1a Darnold
1b Baker
2 Allen

I didn't want Rosen and Lamar wasn't in the conversation

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have taken some crap for that but cannot imagine anyone wasn't thinking it.

Wow would that suck to be a Bills' fan after that one. Far worse than any of the "THE" games Cleveland fans have endured (drive, shot, etc).

Hard to imagine a bigger defensive lapse than failing to defend a FG for 13 seconds. Outranks the Music City Debacle IMO...which was with 16 seconds remaining.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, where a guy is drafted to has as much or more to do with his success as anything. Tom Brady has said that he would probably be out of the league if he had gone to a team that needed him to play right away.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, Allen has definitely refined his mechanics and his accuracy.
That was always going to be pretty likely. The guy from Wyoming who is getting at best a future great coach while he is learning the ropes is going to have success once he attains top level coaching. This is very different from a prospect from say Florida whose mechanics are broken and legit technical coaches have already failed in reworking his mechanics.