• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play one full quarter in the playoffs

Im with that too but i feel like that would be harder to pass. I think 1 possession then sudden death if it still tied after each team had a possession is more likely but yeah this ot rule is not it for the playoffs. Fine with it for regular season

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.....doesn't change the fact that the playoffs overtime need a minor tweak.

In a battle like this, you would love to see both Qbs get a crack at it in OT. This was an epic duel and sucks that one of the qbs didnt get a chance in ot
Guess I get it. Mahomes had to bite the bullet like that once too...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with any of the 4 teams winning the superbowl. For a parlay I did, I need the Chiefs and Rams to make the superbowl but this is my actual preference of teams I would like to see win the superbowl.

1) Bengals
2) 49ers
3) Chiefs
4) Rams

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with any of the 4 teams winning the superbowl. For a parlay I did, I need the Chiefs and Rams to make the superbowl but this is my actual preference of teams I would like to see win the superbowl.

1) Bengals
2) 49ers
3) Chiefs
4) Rams
More than likely Chiefs/Rams, though I would love for the 9'ers to beat them again...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy on TheAthletic is doing a series on the 30 best Cleveland Indians players of the last 30 years- this one was about Mesa--- funny story.

During an off-day trip to Sea World in 1995, Carlos Baerga and Omar Vizquel purchased a miniature T-rex figure from the gift shop. Vizquel brought the creature to the ballpark the next day and placed it in the locker beside his, a space belonging to José Mesa.

When Mesa first spotted the dinosaur, its mouth agape to reveal tiny, jagged teeth, his high jinks-happy teammates made high-pitched shrieks to startle Cleveland’s closer and trigger his temper.

“That was the worst thing we could have done,” Baerga once told me. “That guy wanted to kill everybody, especially Omar.”

Three years later, Cleveland traded Mesa, its former ninth-inning tactician, to the Giants. The ensuing winter, he signed with the Mariners, which gave him the opportunity to pitch at Jacobs Field against his old team.

One day, when Mesa was summoned from Seattle’s bullpen, Vizquel stood atop the dugout steps and repeated that striking shriek. Vizquel later approached the plate and, well, Mesa wasn’t thrilled with the antics of his former locker mate and close friend. Mesa greeted the shortstop with a pitch that sailed out of the strike zone and toward his body.

“I said, ‘Omar, I don’t think he’s very happy about that,’” Sandy Alomar Jr. said.

Their prank-based spat eventually evolved into a full-blown feud after Vizquel, in his 2002 autobiography, critiqued Mesa’s effort in Game 7 of the 1997 World Series. Vizquel wrote about Mesa’s futile bid to protect Cleveland’s 2-1 advantage: “Nobody home. You could almost see right through him.” Mesa retorted by saying he wanted “to kill Vizquel,” and promised to plunk him any time they met (and he did).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far- its just a few

30. Mesa
29. Travis Fryman
28. Andrew Miller
27. Shin Soo Choo

just have those so far.

One year- Omar, Robbie Alomar Jr., and Fryman all won gold gloves. First time in a long time a club had the gold glove winner at 2nd, 3rd, and SS. One of, if not the best defensive infield of all time.

Mesa's 1995 season is one of the best for a closer in the last 50 years. It was unreal. In the strike shortened season he had 46 saves and a 1.13 ERA and was 2nd in the CY Young voting and 4th in the MVP voting. That is bonkers.

Omar and Robbie up the middle was just amazing baseball to watch.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians farm system doesnt have any top 20 guys--- but its deep and talented.

They have 3 major league ready starters in Battenfield, Morris and Pilkongton- all 3 are not rated as top prospects- but I bet the Guardians superb pitching development gets at least 1 or 2 of these guys and makes them into solid starters.

I hate that baseball might not start on time. It should be a fun year once it gets started- and I think the Guardians will make some moves to add a bat or two before that happens.

The pitching is young, talented and deep. They have a ton of middle infield prospects. Jimenez, Arias, Rocchio are all highly regarded. I think Rocchio ends up being the best out of them at SS.

Tyler Freeman hits the hell outta the ball.

Espino and Valera are prob. their best prospects- but are super young and I bet, as they develop, crack that top 25 list- especially Valera.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with that too but i feel like that would be harder to pass. I think 1 possession then sudden death if it still tied after each team had a possession is more likely but yeah this ot rule is not it for the playoffs. Fine with it for regular season

That would change strategy a lot, but still flawed.

1st team scores a TD.

2nd team matches. Then they are forced to go for 2 because kicking back to the first team is likely game over.

I don’t know man. There is no perfect solution. Perhaps playing a full quarter or playing to a prescribed number of points is best.

Or could Do like an Elam ending thing.

1st team to score 20% of game total at the end of regulation is the winner. No time.

That way, a high scoring game like last night, a team would need to get 14 points.

A low scoring affair like Bengals/Titans, you only need 6.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I slept VERY well last night. Thanks, y'all for asking...:D

Kc Chiefs Dance GIF by Kansas City Chiefs