• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly not trying to compare the organizations. Really not much of a comparison.

Chargers aren’t WFT Cleveland Brown level bad, but they certainly aren’t a top NFL organization.

Pittsburgh is.

No doubt. In San Diego, Rivers played for 4 different coaches in his16 years with the Chargers.

In Pittsburgh, Roethlisberger has had 2 head coaches for his entire career and has had the same head coach since 2007.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Cleveland has gotten a bit better, just not able to get over the top yet. Seen it before. The Chiefs went through this when Clark Hunt's pops Lamar was running things. It seemed literally for decades that he'd only do just enough to get the Chiefs to the playoffs to put butts in seats and whether or not this is true, it SEEMED like he was just satisfied with that. Thank God Clark is a tax more aggressive...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Cleveland has gotten a bit better, just not able to get over the top yet. Seen it before. The Chiefs went through this when Clark Hunt's pops Lamar was running things. It seemed literally for decades that he'd only do just enough to get the Chiefs to the playoffs to put butts in seats and whether or not this is true, it SEEMED like he was just satisfied with that. Thank God Clark is a tax more aggressive...

Of course.

Over the last 20 years though Cleveland right near the bottom with my WTF.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have an examples pointing towards Big Ben being a leader? His off the field issues lead me to believe that he's not exactly a leader. His SB wins were early on in his career and he had some elite defenses behind him.

I can give you some of examples of why BigBen's a leader. In 18 seasons he only played in two regular season games where the Steelers were eliminated from the playoffs. According to pro-football.ref-.com he's 3rd all time in 4th quarter comebacks with 41. He won 165 games and 13 playoff games.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

Over the last 20 years though Cleveland right near the bottom with my WTF.

Hey dammit don't be taking my teams title as the most dysfunctional team in the league from '99 until just a couple of years ago. In that span did your team 0-16? I think not!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are usually among the top spenders (but work the cap well, too) so I'm confident the owners are not holding back on spending. How far we go next 3-4 years will depend on QB play.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are usually among the top spenders (but work the cap well, too) so I'm confident the owners are not holding back on spending. How far we go next 3-4 years will depend on QB play.
I get it. Like I said earlier it seemed like it. Look who we had for many years. Carl Peterson was our GM for a long while and the guy simply found ways to refuse paying top dollar for FA. man, I almost partied when that guy was fired...

ALSO glad that Lamar Sr handed the business to Clark instead of Lamar Hunt, Jr. Don't know if stories of that guy are true, but would hear about how he was blowing daddy's money on babes and partying...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dammit don't be taking my teams title as the most dysfunctional team in the league from '99 until just a couple of years ago. In that span did your team 0-16? I think not!

Oh yeah?

Well did your team get raided by the DEA because your trainer was a suspected drug dealer?

Where they investigated by the league for organizational malfeasence to the point were Congress may now be getting involved?

0-16 is bad, but you can’t top that!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah?

Well did your team get raided by the DEA because your trainer was a suspected drug dealer?

Where they investigated by the league for organizational malfeasence to the point were Congress may now be getting involved?

0-16 is bad, but you can’t top that!
Really? Which of your teams had a linebacker who murdered a woman, drove all the way to the practice facility, and literally blow his brains out in front of his coaching staff....?

Game, set. Match...:D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Which of your teams had a linebacker who murdered a woman, drove all the way to the practice facility, and literally blow his brains out in front of his coaching staff....?

Game, set. Match...:D

Sorry, Chiefs aren’t eligible for this competition.

You don’t get to win this too.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His play style is a hallmark though.

Extreme efficiency, short passes, get to 3rd and short and convert.

Not many better at playing that way than Rivers.

Can recall quite a few matchups against high scoring opponents where Manning/Mahomes type got 2 possessions in a half.

Because they Chargers had the ball.

Not going to allow a lot of points when the offense has the ball 60% of the game.
His career ypa was 7.8 and he led the NFL in ypa from 2008-2010.

He wasn't exactly a dink and dunker.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly not trying to compare the organizations. Really not much of a comparison.

Chargers aren’t WFT Cleveland Brown level bad, but they certainly aren’t a top NFL organization.

Pittsburgh is.
Yeah my question was more rhetorical and not aimed at you specifically, my fault. But I agree with your assessment.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career ypa was 7.8 and he led the NFL in ypa from 2008-2010.

He wasn't exactly a dink and dunker.

But he did play that way intentionally against dominant offenses.

I watched him do it multiple times.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he did play that way intentionally against dominant offenses.

I watched him do it multiple times.

I'd be interested in seeing the yards after catch. If the QB throws a screen and the receiver runs for 20 yards, it is recorded in the stats as 20 passing yards. With the receivers he was throwing to and LT out of the backfield, I'd bet they had a pretty good yac average.

Plus, if memory serves, they ran a version of the west coast offense which depends on yac to be successful.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So Cowboys Head Coach Mike McCarthy defended the QB draw that they ran with 14 seconds left saying it was a 13 second play.

So a play that takes 13 seconds to run if it's run perfectly, is the play you choose in a game where your season was on the line, there are 14 seconds left and you have no timeouts. :L

I hope he coaches the Cowboys forever.

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 154,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So Cowboys Head Coach Mike McCarthy defended the QB draw that they ran with 14 seconds left was a 13 second play.

So a play that takes 13 seconds to run if it's run perfectly, is the play you choose in a game where your season was on the line is what you come up with when there are 14 seconds left and you have no timeouts. :L

I hope he coaches the Cowboys forever.
Just no defending that decision, everyone knows.