• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure they do. Miami and Philly issues are behind them, aren't they? Each had no positive tests and last I heard are both playing in their next scheduled games. season moves forward.

Lock to finish? Nope....but seems like there's a shot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure they do. Miami and Philly issues are behind them, aren't they? Each had no positive tests and last I heard are both playing in their next scheduled games. season moves forward.

I assume you haven't heard about the Cardinals

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Lamar is the primary reason the Ravens were eliminated by the Titans and Mahomes is the primary reason the Chiefs came back from double digits deficit in every playoffs game only to come back and win all those games by double digits right?

Lets quit acting like QB isn't by far the most important position in football
The only one that is close is the OL
Without them the QB aint nothing

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Lamar is the primary reason the Ravens were eliminated by the Titans and Mahomes is the primary reason the Chiefs came back from double digits deficit in every playoffs game only to come back and win all those games by double digits right?

Lets quit acting like QB isn't by far the most important position in football

...and one QB won the MVP last year, was better in most every statistical category, and his name wasn't Patrick. The team led by that player went 13-2, whereas Mahomes led the Chiefs to an 11-3 record. Both QBs lost to the Titans.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one that is close is the OL
Without them the QB aint nothing
They matter a lot, but I recall LeCharles Bentley saying if you want to improve O-line play find a QB who makes quick decisions.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact I have. also have heard of the other 27 teams that haven't had many issues.

season moves forward.

you're acting like they played 6 weeks of baseball with covid spreading twice. We haven't even played 2 weeks yet and these teams are missing a week of baseball when the spread happens. This also include another teams who had to miss about a week of baseball because they happened to face these teams as the positive covid results started coming in.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're acting like they played 6 weeks of baseball with covid spreading twice. We haven't even played 2 weeks yet and these teams are missing a week of baseball when the spread happens. This also include another teams who had to miss about a week of baseball because they happened to face these teams as the positive covid results started coming in.
No, I'm acting like they have had some issues but the season is still going so certainly there is a chance players get their heads out of their asses (off field) and finish the season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious....is it your hope they don't finish, or you really believe there is no shot the MLB season concludes?

Heard an interesting take on that yesterday.

I think it was on a local show. They were saying that they were told that MLB is only concerned with getting to the playoffs because that's where they will make their money.

They expanded the playoffs to 16 teams and are hellbent on getting there.

They said that it may even be that some teams don't play the full 60 games, but they will still have the playoffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting take on that yesterday.

I think it was on a local show. They were saying that they were told that MLB is only concerned with getting to the playoffs because that's where they will make their money.

They expanded the playoffs to 16 teams and are hellbent on getting there.

They said that it may even be that some teams don't play the full 60 games, but they will still have the playoffs.
I'm sure they will do all they can to get there. I mean, a bunch of Marlin type situations might end things, though. Last testing found zero positive tests and as of now looks like all teams could be playing this weekend (as opposed to 6 missing games last weekend).

Report: MLB had zero positive coronavirus results in latest round of testing

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts on OSU/UM being moved @Wamu or @Shanemansj13 ?

I'd have thought IF needs to move would have made it even earlier to be more sure it gets in. My thought, though, was leave it alone. If we don't get to end of season what's the diff if they play or not, as season will be incomplete?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they will do all they can to get there. I mean, a bunch of Marlin type situations might end things, though. Last testing found zero positive tests and as of now looks like all teams could be playing this weekend (as opposed to 6 missing games last weekend).

Report: MLB had zero positive coronavirus results in latest round of testing

Like that zero positives. Hopefully it means guys are taking it seriously that maybe weren't.

They also mentioned that MLB may go to a bubble for the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts on OSU/UM being moved @Wamu or @Shanemansj13 ?

I'd have thought IF needs to move would have made it even earlier to be more sure it gets in. My thought, though, was leave it alone. If we don't get to end of season what's the diff if they play or not, as season will be incomplete?

I don't like it. I prefer the Buckeyes bitch-slap the wolvereeeens the last game of the season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like that zero positives. Hopefully it means guys are taking it seriously that maybe weren't.

They also mentioned that MLB may go to a bubble for the playoffs.
That zero positives is huge with so many people tested.

Hadn't heard about the bubble/playoff idea, but not a bad idea and could probably be done. Maybe in 2 different sites?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hadn't heard about the bubble/playoff idea, but not a bad idea and could probably be done. Maybe in 2 different sites?

Yeah, it didn't sound like it's a for sure thing. But something that apparently is being considered to make sure the playoffs happen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I guess better to see Harbaugh cry and make excuses than not if season shuts down after we play them?

But, yeah, preference was leave it alone. also kind of funny we lost a game vs. Miami, OH to play Illinois for safety reasons and to cut down on travel. But I get it kind of needs to be all or none OOC (and those cross country games would be tough).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it didn't sound like it's a for sure thing. But something that apparently is being considered to make sure the playoffs happen.
Not usually a fan of making up rules as you go during a season, but kind of like they are open to change this year as they see fit.