• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West- Vegas
East-Florida
Central- I have no clue lol
You sure about all 3 being available in each area? For major league games? Resort type atmosphere AND no one else able to get in?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number is likely going to keep increasing as it did with the Marlins.
It will if the players are dumb and selfish. No disagreement. They will have only themselves to blame.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with MLB trying to finish the season is you can't PPD an entire series due to a positive test if you're serious about completing the season.
Gonna be tough any other year, but with teams facing all the same teams in a short amount of times they can easily play a ton of DHs (especially without fans a factor).

No doubt not a lock it gets done though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this is the problem without a bubble. You have no idea what players, coaches, or staff is doing before/after games. Have no idea who they're with or if they're being reckless.
No disagreement there.....why it's on the players and they shouldn't cry and blame the owners if the season gets shut down because they were reckless.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I keep hearing many say "if baseball can't get it done NFL has no chance"

Not so sure this is true. Gonna be tough for NFL, sure, as a less socially distant sport. But seems like the issue is gonna be guys getting the virus away from the team and bringing it to the team. The key is keeping it out in the first place. Look at the Marlins. a couple guys seemingly brought it back to the facility and 20 or so end up with it from their own team.

would think this would be more challenging on the road for players as easier to stay at your own home than at a hotel with little to do. NFL players arrive in a city, go to hotel, go to game, go home. MLB is in the city 2-4 days with a lot of down time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I keep hearing many say "if baseball can't get it done NFL has no chance"

Not so sure this is true. Gonna be tough for NFL, sure, as a less socially distant sport. But seems like the issue is gonna be guys getting the virus away from the team and bringing it to the team. The key is keeping it out in the first place. Look at the Marlins. a couple guys seemingly brought it back to the facility and 20 or so end up with it from their own team.

would think this would be more challenging on the road for players as easier to stay at your own home than at a hotel with little to do. NFL players arrive in a city, go to hotel, go to game, go home. MLB is in the city 2-4 days with a lot of down time.

I think it is true unless the NFL somehow adopts a plan a lot closer to what the NBA has than what MLB has.

Yes, I realize a bubble won’t work in the NFL. But it also won’t work unless they make very strict rules about player movement and figure out ways to enforce it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think NFL players are gonna downgrade guys who cannot stay healthy and team does as well or better without him.
tenor.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree about the dumbasses, but seems it's really just the Marlins that have caused issues for everyone. Either their team sitting out or team that just played them. They are only team with a very high number of cases right? I guess Cards, too.

I wonder if they are overreacting some. sure, a Marlins case should cause a stop for them, but I would have thought a few or a handful might have been expected occasionally....that's why they have reserves I'd have thought.

No doubt all comes down to players behavior off the field. If they want all the money they fought to get might want to stop being selfish dumbasses off the field.

Yeah, right now it's pretty much the Marlins that have had a true "outbreak".

Hopefully, it will serve as a reminder to the other players how tenuous this can be and they'll learn.

Biggest problem is the postponed games will need to be made up and there are only so many that they can make up.

I guess Manfred already sent word to the MLBPA that the season is in danger of being shut down. They can only re-schedule so many games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is true unless the NFL somehow adopts a plan a lot closer to what the NBA has than what MLB has.

Yes, I realize a bubble won’t work in the NFL. But it also won’t work unless they make very strict rules about player movement and figure out ways to enforce it.
Last part is the tough part. They have rules or a code they are supposed to follow (MLB and NFL). Only way to enforce the rules is if caught doing something dumb and get the virus you do not get paid if you cannot play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, right now it's pretty much the Marlins that have had a true "outbreak".

Hopefully, it will serve as a reminder to the other players how tenuous this can be and they'll learn.

Biggest problem is the postponed games will need to be made up and there are only so many that they can make up.

I guess Manfred already sent word to the MLBPA that the season is in danger of being shut down. They can only re-schedule so many games.
Games against own division should be easy to make up with so many games left against them....especially with DHs switched to 7 innings. The games against other division will be tougher.

I know the Tribe talks about their responsibility off the field and would think the manager they all seem to love might help matters as he is old and has a number of medical conditions....probably best if they don't kill him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last part is the tough part. They have rules or a code they are supposed to follow (MLB and NFL). Only way to enforce the rules is if caught doing something dumb and get the virus you do not get paid if you cannot play.

Right.

And the rules have to extend to personal time also. Because every player needs to take extreme precautions to avoid bringing the virus into the locker room.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Mahomes (right now is the No. #1 quarterback in the league. If Lamar Jackson wins the MVP again and takes the Ravens to the Super bowl and wins a chip, them I would move him to the No. #1 spot.

Who had the better season last year? Lamar, by virtually every individual statistical category. Championships are TEAM accomplishments.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who had the better season last year? Lamar, by virtually every individual statistical category. Championships are TEAM accomplishments.

Yeah, in football, it's harder to gauge the value of an individual player because of the number of players involved.

I wonder what Mahomes numbers would look like if he were on the Ravens or Seahawks? What would Lamar or Wilson's numbers look like if they were on the Chiefs?

A quarterback can throw a perfect pass and if his average to below average wide receiver drops the pass, it counts against the QB.

Also, a really good receiving corp will "bail the QB out" by catching poorly thrown passes that the average to below average receiving corp isn't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize Lamar is the primary reason the Ravens were eliminated by the Titans and Mahomes is the primary reason the Chiefs came back from double digits deficit in every playoffs game only to come back and win all those games by double digits right?

Lets quit acting like QB isn't by far the most important position in football

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers