• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thing with Baker is that if the Browns can keep him on a cheaper deal, it could end up putting the Browns in a better position to get to the Super Bowl than teams with better QB's. One of the things that seems to happen is that when a young, elite QB gets his payday...the team ends up taking a step back (or at least they stop moving forward) because of the players they have to let go for guys who are either inexperienced and/or just not as good to stay within the cap.

The Seahawks have struggled with the o-line and certain spots on defense since RW got paid.

If the Browns can keep Baker for less money, they won't have to get rid of as many (or maybe any) of the rest of the roster. That could give them a serious advantage.

All I can do is hope the right decision is made. In previous years I'd say no way in hell a right decision could be made due to all the dumbfuckery with the organization. But with gm Andrew Berry & Stephanski they seem to know what they're doing. And gotta say it's still taking some time to adjust to that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fans:

sad chris crocker GIF

LEAVE BAKER ALONE!!
That was weeks ago when it was just a preference for which great young QB you preferred Baker or Allen. But now it’s Rodgers or Watson or the test tube baby of Bernie Kosar.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fans:

sad chris crocker GIF

LEAVE BAKER ALONE!!

Hey, hey, hey!!! Cut that shit out. Where have I defend him? All I've said is he has some potential and proved last year he can be a good QB.

But on an unrelated topic. Fuck da Lakers!!! Hope they lose by 25 tonight.

middle-finger-4.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was weeks ago when it was just a preference for which great young QB you preferred Baker or Allen. But now it’s Rodgers or Watson or the test tube baby of Bernie Kosar.

The reason Carson Wentz didn't succeed in Philly is he didn't send the Browns a thank you card for not drafting him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way in hell he deserves anything close to a max contract. Those top tier QB's make those around him better. Can't say I've really seen Mayfield do that yet. Example. How many wr's can you name that AR12's played with throughout the starting portion of his career? I can't name many.

As far as his contract. Not saying this will happen, just would like to see something it happen. Take a 3 years contract. He's in a perfect situation for his game. Two productive rb's. Good OL. Would like some more speed at wr but anyway. And a decent, certainly not terrible, set of receivers to throw to.

Still not 100% sold on him. But he's proven he can play in this league and have success. Best QB my team's had since their return. Hope he can make it through the season without getting torn in half.
OK...he's not AR. But if you were not a Browns fan, how many WRs on our team not named Landry do you think you'd have been able to name from last season after OBJ went down? It was Higgins, Hodge and a 6th round rookie and Baker was elite per PFF second half of season and went up and down field on the Steelers in the WC game.

But, sure, I'd love to pay him as little as I could and if he and/or team does not get better this season he likely wont get what he wants.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey better than what I got. My team can't get to the Super Bowl in a video game.
I have friends from Ohio from college and I always say to them that Cleveland exists solely for the self esteem of Philly fans. No matter how bad it gets we can always point west haha.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have friends from Ohio from college and I always say to them that Cleveland exists solely for the self esteem of Philly fans. No matter how bad it gets we can always point west haha.
least Philly never got a song about them sucking. "the Bears still suck" is still a classic...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, for whatever reason national media and many local fans blame Baker for anything and make excuses when other players on other teams fail. Hell, they even make "excuses" when Baker plays well.

Did anyone happen to catch Chris Broussard making excuses for Allen? Said he didn't make first because Lewan was out. That would be absurd no matter what but more so because Lewan plays for the other team.