• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,749.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is getting a second opinion on his shoulder. He has a torn labrum in the non-throwing shoulder. you can play through this to a certain extent if you dont keep getting hit there.

The problem is he dislocated his shoulder for a 2nd time this season last week. If he dislocates it a 3rd time, you begin to worry about permanent damage. And- lets say he dislocates it a 3rd time- maybe he keeps playing. I cant possibly see him dislocating it a 4th time and keep playing.

Having a torn labrum makes it much much easier to dislocate your shoulder. Thats the problem.
He still bigger than LeBron in Cleveland?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess still possible but seems like that would only happen if he needs surgery and no one has said that is likely that I've heard.
If he gets hurt again probably so. Looks like he is playing this weekend but the injury doesn’t sound good. He risk out for season and likely kills all leverage on his end of contract talks

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to believe it. Use google you stupid fuck then tell me how many games the following players missed this season.

Michael Thomas
Kwon Alexander
Trequan Smith
Terron Armstead
Erik McCoy
David Onyemata
Marcus Davenport
Does that list include 2 pro Bowl RBs, WRs, DEs, OT and a CB? as well as our highest graded CB and an all rookie OT?

That said, D was healthy last game so no excuses there and props to NO either way for their season to date. Now can Thomas come back already so I can trade a WR for a stud RB?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically the Browns lost only one game they were favored in vs the Cards and no way they should have been favored but yeah talking heads are going crazy. If they lose to the Broncos and 2 out of 3 then we can talk but I mean KC is 3-3. Still early. I worry about injuries more than anything, that alone can kill a season
Notice no one ripping the Bills for "not beating anyone"? Sure, KC better than MN and the Bears but if "you are what your record says you are" is true.......?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice no one ripping the Bills for "not beating anyone"? Sure, KC better than MN and the Bears but if "you are what your record says you are" is true.......?
I guess everyone rips the Browns is bc they were so bad for so long they are an easy target? I get BUF and KC already have their franchise QB but I think people just want to see the Browns finally beat a contender vs a close team or they will just never give them credit bc they don't like Baker. IDK the refs even hate the Browns so maybe it's a conspiracy hahaha. I'm done giving expectations for this team, I just hope they play better and if they don't then they need to make changes. It isn't the end of the world if they have to make changes next year they still have a young team and bright future but there are issues that need to be fixed. Lets just hope they fix them mid-season, unfortunately, injuries is not something you can fix and tbh I am sick of talking about injuries bc it happens every year. Shit happens

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the game was played for tv revenue?
make it rain paper stacks GIF by paidoff
Make It Rain GIF
Make It Rain Loop GIF by Chris Timmons

Is what makes the world go 'round...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah but that is one year they spend less. Depends on the contract and if it is front-loaded, backloaded, etc. If he wants $40M/year I see much of a difference. Even if they only have Rodgers for 4 years it is worth it. Then you have to draft a QB in the next 2-3 years to sit behind Rodgers to learn. Sounds like a lot but if they don’t believe Baker is the guy it is a move they would look to make imo
4 years? sure. what about 2 or even 1?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess everyone rips the Browns is bc they were so bad for so long they are an easy target? I get BUF and KC already have their franchise QB but I think people just want to see the Browns finally beat a contender vs a close team or they will just never give them credit bc they don't like Baker. IDK the refs even hate the Browns so maybe it's a conspiracy hahaha. I'm done giving expectations for this team, I just hope they play better and if they don't then they need to make changes. It isn't the end of the world if they have to make changes next year they still have a young team and bright future but there are issues that need to be fixed. Lets just hope they fix them mid-season, unfortunately, injuries is not something you can fix and tbh I am sick of talking about injuries bc it happens every year. Shit happens
you said it all when you said "don't like baker".

Browns lose like that and Baker gets the blame, choked, etc and Browns cannot beat good teams. while I think they are a really good team same is true of Buffalo this season. would add what game did Allen win for them as their D was usually lights out. They lost their 2 close games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years? sure. what about 2 or even 1?
He is 37. He isn't slowing down imo. With the way the league protects QB's they are going to stay in the league longer. I could definitely see him playing 3-4 years at least unless he retires "on top" or something like that. I don't see him falling off a cliff anytime soon and he is still pretty mobile unlike a guy like Peyton and even Peyton retired when he was 40.

Edit: maybe you meant, would it be worth it for 1 or 2 years?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either give it to him or start over. Hell, by the time they can franchise him if they do the tag will be $40 mil+

If he can pick it up and play like last year I'd give it to him. If not, I'd wait it out.
actually this is a good point if you're looking at the immediate future. Next season's crop of rookies does NOT appear promising...

keep hearing Cam Newton's name bandied about. Do y'all maybe kick the tires on him...?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually this is a good point if you're looking at the immediate future. Next season's crop of rookies does NOT appear promising...

keep hearing Cam Newton's name bandied about. Do y'all maybe kick the tires on him...?
I mean, if coach and GM like him I guess.....my thought is they wouldn't.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way in hell he deserves anything close to a max contract. Those top tier QB's make those around him better. Can't say I've really seen Mayfield do that yet. Example. How many wr's can you name that AR12's played with throughout the starting portion of his career? I can't name many.

As far as his contract. Not saying this will happen, just would like to see something it happen. Take a 3 years contract. He's in a perfect situation for his game. Two productive rb's. Good OL. Would like some more speed at wr but anyway. And a decent, certainly not terrible, set of receivers to throw to.

Still not 100% sold on him. But he's proven he can play in this league and have success. Best QB my team's had since their return. Hope he can make it through the season without getting torn in half.

Interesting thing with Baker is that if the Browns can keep him on a cheaper deal, it could end up putting the Browns in a better position to get to the Super Bowl than teams with better QB's. One of the things that seems to happen is that when a young, elite QB gets his payday...the team ends up taking a step back (or at least they stop moving forward) because of the players they have to let go for guys who are either inexperienced and/or just not as good to stay within the cap.

The Seahawks have struggled with the o-line and certain spots on defense since RW got paid. They also have yet to return to the Super Bowl.

If the Browns can keep Baker for less money, they won't have to get rid of as many (or maybe any) of the rest of the roster. That could give them a serious advantage.

Last edited: