• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Own it.” Da Fuq? This isn’t all that serious. Face it. Even when the Browns are some semblance of good they still fall short. It is what it is.
Not serious at all which is why I don't get why you are so clearly contradicting yourself and cannot come to grips with it. You wont be kicked out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm holding onto that Cavs championship as long as I can. That being said, I think exploring a Rodgers or Watson trade (or another QB wanting out) could be intriguing for the player and the Browns you just have to fork up your future for basically the next 4-5 years.
No doubt about that Cavs' title...and was one I never thought I'd see for a pro team.

I'd kick the tires on AR and watson, I guess, but not like each does not come with their own negatives. Watson obvious and he's won as many playoff games as Baker (with 1 more season).

AR? In 90%+ of his seasons he didn't even get to the SB. Could certainly happen here and then he retires in 2-3 seasons....then what? Likely need to dump some vets to make him fit under cap AND I'm sure a nice haul of picks. Certainly wouldn't kill them if they dealt for him but no a no brainer.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you also use goggle when you incorrectly claimed your starting QB has only had turnover issues one season of his career?
speaking of starting QB's, i actually agree with BSPN about NOT giving Baker Mayfield big money on his next contract. Imo he's not on the level of Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, etc. But what do you think...?

and yes, i HATE agreeing with BSPN...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely unexpected from the Ravens...

Compliments on the good start, though...
No doubt but not like the RBs they lost are close to Chubb/Hunt and the receiver was a rookie not a pro bowler (2). That said we had the RBs for all but one game and were only 3-2. Ravens definitely deserve credit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that Cavs' title...and was one I never thought I'd see for a pro team.

I'd kick the tires on AR and watson, I guess, but not like each does not come with their own negatives. Watson obvious and he's won as many playoff games as Baker (with 1 more season).

AR? In 90%+ of his seasons he didn't even get to the SB. Could certainly happen here and then he retires in 2-3 seasons....then what? Likely need to dump some vets to make him fit under cap AND I'm sure a nice haul of picks. Certainly wouldn't kill them if they dealt for him but no a no brainer.
If they planned to fit Baker under the cap then it wouldn’t be any different. Watson would likely take more assets and a lot to still figure out in his situation. Neither are likely

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of starting QB's, i actually agree with BSPN about NOT giving Baker Mayfield big money on his next contract. Imo he's not on the level of Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, etc. But what do you think...?

It's either give it to him or start over. Hell, by the time they can franchise him if they do the tag will be $40 mil+

If he can pick it up and play like last year I'd give it to him. If not, I'd wait it out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they planned to fit Baker under the cap then it wouldn’t be any different. Watson would likely take more assets and a lot to still figure out in his situation. Neither are likely
Baker's big money wouldn't kick in until the 2023 season. what about next year when Rodgers will be paid something like $20 mil more than Baker if memory serves.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only beat one team at .500 or better. Browns beat 2.

so we've got that going for us?
Technically the Browns lost only one game they were favored in vs the Cards and no way they should have been favored but yeah talking heads are going crazy. If they lose to the Broncos and 2 out of 3 then we can talk but I mean KC is 3-3. Still early. I worry about injuries more than anything, that alone can kill a season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Baker is out for the season.

literally- for Thursday night--- its likely we will be missing- just on the offense:

1. Our QB
2. Our stud running back
3. Our stud backup running back
4. Our stud receiver
5. Our 2nd stud receiver
6. Our top 10 pick left tackle
7. Our excellent right tackle
8. Maybe our very good center

this is a joke. What a way to knee-cap the season.
starting to sound like will be up to Baker if he plays...not that he makes decisions but maybe been told it cannot get worse if he plays and just depends on pain tolerance. Guessing JC plays unless got hurt more as he's been listed as Q all year I think.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either give it to him or start over. Hell, by the time they can franchise him if they do the tag will be $40 mil+

If he can pick it up and play like last year I'd give it to him. If not, I'd wait it out.
And it all depends on what he would ask for at the end of the season, like you said, either

1. sign Baker (whether is $30-$45M/yr)
2. Start over either pick up a QB in FA or draft a QB in what is projected to be a bad QB class. That qb will be a rookie with no experience so you are moving backwards and losing prime years.
3. Trade for QB (if possible) and give up assets and possibly mortgage your future

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HIGHLY doubt he is out for season but it just seems like this team can never stay healthy. Either brittle players or the training staff isn't doing their job. Not sure what to think.

Would you trade multiple 1st's for Watson IF all this lawsuit crap is cleared up?
no suspension of any kind?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield may miss the rest of the season?
Guess still possible but seems like that would only happen if he needs surgery and no one has said that is likely that I've heard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker's big money wouldn't kick in until the 2023 season. what about next year when Rodgers will be paid something like $20 mil more than Baker if memory serves.
Well yeah but that is one year they spend less. Depends on the contract and if it is front-loaded, backloaded, etc. If he wants $40M/year I see much of a difference. Even if they only have Rodgers for 4 years it is worth it. Then you have to draft a QB in the next 2-3 years to sit behind Rodgers to learn. Sounds like a lot but if they don’t believe Baker is the guy it is a move they would look to make imo

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no way in hell he deserves anything close to a max contract. Those top tier QB's make those around him better. Can't say I've really seen Mayfield do that yet. Example. How many wr's can you name that AR12's played with throughout the starting portion of his career? I can't name many.

As far as his contract. Not saying this will happen, just would like to see something it happen. Take a 3 years contract. He's in a perfect situation for his game. Two productive rb's. Good OL. Would like some more speed at wr but anyway. And a decent, certainly not terrible, set of receivers to throw to.

Still not 100% sold on him. But he's proven he can play in this league and have success. Best QB my team's had since their return. Hope he can make it through the season without getting torn in half.