• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure did. was not a good game but was far from awful.

Look at LJ, had 2 INTs and did not throw the ball that well either.....guess he's a lot better when the D gives up 6.

He was missing players, yes.

But it was a really bad game.

Led the team to 14 points AND gave the ball to the Cardinals twice in a row deep in there own territory after they had just gone down 14-0.

Had the defense not stepped up, game would have been over right there.

Regardless of what his rating was, he played poorly. And I am sure he would be first to admit that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit a parlay @fightinfunbags

Rodgers to throw for 2 tds/Green Bay Packers win
Mahomes to throw for 2 tds/KC win
Stafford to throw for 3 tds/Rams to win
Colts double result
Kyler Murray over 1.5 passing tds
Cowboys Moneyline
Steelers Moneyline

$20>$860
That’s a fun Sunday! Well done.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im just tired of the excuses for baker. Everyone is missing players. All the backs on the Ravens were added in late august or September because all 3 of their rbs got injured for the season and they also have injuries on the oline as well but somehow they found a way to 5-1.

Weird

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As they said on espn radio this morning 6-0 roster but 3-3 record. Biggest disappointment in football so far
Definitely been disappointing but I think it's basically been disappointing bc of the defense. High expectations for the defense and it has shit the bed almost every week they play a good opponent. Looking at the 3 losses coming into the season I would have said those were 3 games that I would tack as losses if I was predicting and two were close games but it is less about the outcome and more about what the team looks like. Injuries continue to pile up like last year, it seems they have a brittle team. It's finally time for Odell to go but I know it won't happen till the offseason or at least I will be surprised. I loved Stefanski and still do but I question him quite a bit only those chipshot FG's where he goes for it..not that it isn't the right call it just doesn't workout that way. The point is...a lot of question marks and coming into the season I didn't think there were many.

Bright side, they are 3-3 with two close losses to KC and LA will a very tough schedule so far. Like I said, it isn't about the record--a ton of other issues.

That Cards loss was inevitable. I had a bad feeling all week then both tackles out and Chubb. Hunt limited. If they can't run the ball they will struggle. Landry still out. It was difficult to watch that game at times. The DC Woods has no answer for above average or good offenses with a dual threat QB, guys were wide open by 20 yards. Pathetic scheme

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, what's the scuttlebutt on K Love?

Do you foresee a buyout?

I think if you aren't in contention for at least the play in, they just might consider it.

Bet he ends up in Portland, if Dame is still there.
Hard to know. Saying what we know they'd say (unless actually moved)......playing well, big part of current plans, etc. Guess for preseason he has played well last few games. But, sure, if things go south despite both sides saying not interested a buyout seems likely. Would think Portland or an LA team most likely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Led the team to 14 points AND gave the ball to the Cardinals twice in a row deep in there own territory after they had just gone down 14-0.

Regardless of what his rating was, he played poorly. And I am sure he would be first to admit that.
I said he did not play well.....but if his D gives up 6 (as LJ's did) his team wins. Hell, the guy got ripped when he actually did play well last week. D could have given up 41 and Baker's team wins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For people praising Lamar, he didn't have a great game. Like I said before, he had a career game last year, his comp % is up but he is not a MVP candidate. His QBR is the 2nd lowest of his career.

Harbaugh is definitely up for COY. Baltimore's defense looked stout, like top 3 defense stout and their DC did his work against the Chargers. I wish for once Joe Woods surprised me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely been disappointing but I think it's basically been disappointing bc of the defense. High expectations for the defense and it has shit the bed almost every week they play a good opponent. Looking at the 3 losses coming into the season I would have said those were 3 games that I would tack as losses if I was predicting and two were close games but it is less about the outcome and more about what the team looks like. Injuries continue to pile up like last year, it seems they have a brittle team. It's finally time for Odell to go but I know it won't happen till the offseason or at least I will be surprised. I loved Stefanski and still do but I question him quite a bit only those chipshot FG's where he goes for it..not that it isn't the right call it just doesn't workout that way. The point is...a lot of question marks and coming into the season I didn't think there were many.

Bright side, they are 3-3 with two close losses to KC and LA will a very tough schedule so far. Like I said, it isn't about the record--a ton of other issues.

That Cards loss was inevitable. I had a bad feeling all week then both tackles out and Chubb. Hunt limited. If they can't run the ball they will struggle. Landry still out. It was difficult to watch that game at times. The DC Woods has no answer for above average or good offenses with a dual threat QB, guys were wide open by 20 yards. Pathetic scheme
No doubt not where we wanted to be but guessing most fans thought Browns would be 4-2, at best, at this point.

The going for it not an issue for me at all. Kind of nuts to complain about that IMO, especially last week when it worked. don't go for it and - at best - we get 6 out of it if he makes the FGs. we went for it and got 7.

some changes need to be made on the D, sure, either in scheme, players not being dumb or both. To be fair, if memory serves they scored 13 of the points off TOs on short fields and another 7 late when game was out of reach. No doubt those wide open TDs need to stop.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt the game would have been right there, the defense is so bad I don't trust them in a close game. Baker wasn't great but they had zero running game and the OL was AWFUL. The worst since the Jets game last year where all their OL were out. He had zero time. They did a couple times in the RZ where guys were open and dropped the pass. OBJ dropped an easy 4th down coversion inside the 5 that could have led to 6. Bad team effort. Baker does try to extend plays at times bc he is running for his life, he did it yesterday once and didn't protect the ball. No way they are winning that game, the only good play was that hail mary and that was lucky.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For people praising Lamar, he didn't have a great game. Like I said before, he had a career game last year, his comp % is up but he is not a MVP candidate. His QBR is the 2nd lowest of his career.

Harbaugh is definitely up for COY. Baltimore's defense looked stout, like top 3 defense stout and their DC did his work against the Chargers. I wish for once Joe Woods surprised me.
like against Minnesota? You expected a game like that?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt not where we wanted to be but guessing most fans thought Browns would be 4-2, at best, at this point.

The going for it not an issue for me at all. Kind of nuts to complain about that IMO, especially last week when it worked. don't go for it and - at best - we get 6 out of it if he makes the FGs. we went for it and got 7.

some changes need to be made on the D, sure, either in scheme, players not being dumb or both. To be fair, if memory serves they scored 13 of the points off TOs on short fields and another 7 late when game was out of reach. No doubt those wide open TDs need to stop.
I don't have a problem with going for it on 4th and short as well bc last week if OBJ doesn't drop that wide open pass, it's a TD. Like the Chargers coach last week-if the call works you get praised. If it doesn't (even if it's a dropped pass) you get ridiculed. Comes with the job but I agree, I like his mentality overall.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the game would have been right there, the defense is so bad I don't trust them in a close game. Baker wasn't great but they had zero running game and the OL was AWFUL. The worst since the Jets game last year where all their OL were out. He had zero time. They did a couple times in the RZ where guys were open and dropped the pass. OBJ dropped an easy 4th down coversion inside the 5 that could have led to 6. Bad team effort. Baker does try to extend plays at times bc he is running for his life, he did it yesterday once and didn't protect the ball. No way they are winning that game, the only good play was that hail mary and that was lucky.
No doubt need to call a play on 4th down that is not designed for OBJ to drop the ball.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like against Minnesota? You expected a game like that?
Yeah one fluke game lol. Lets go back in history and look at every big game. He does not know how to scheme for good to great offenses and dual threat QB's. He has yet to prove it. The Vikings don't have a dual-threat/athletic QB. The Bears were starting a rookie in his first game.

Cardinals, Ravens, Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys - I just don't see how Woods lasts past this year unless the change is remarkable. Did you watch yesterday's game? The DC is responsible to have the players comfortable in his scheme, I am not in the film room but this guy just isn't good. The Browns have plenty of talented players on that defense. I don't know what the issue is but Woods is the first guy I am looking at whether he deserves 100% or 10% of credit to this mediocre defensively play.

I could see him getting them to play better vs this stretch of games that are winnable but I want to see him step up vs a dangerous team just ONCE. Been saying it for two years man. Enough is enough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with going for it on 4th and short as well bc last week if OBJ doesn't drop that wide open pass, it's a TD. Like the Chargers coach last week-if the call works you get praised. If it doesn't (even if it's a dropped pass) you get ridiculed. Comes with the job but I agree, I like his mentality overall.
will say a little concerned as It's the first time where they didn't look like a top level team. There are legitimate concerns. Stefanski may have to go the Day route and make some changes, whatever those may be. I'm not a defense scheme expert, but Woods just doesn't seem to get the most out of his guys. John Johnson has been elite his whole career until this year. Troy Hill has been a very good player, he looks awful. I use those examples, because we can point to what they looked like before and after coming here. That said, they did look elite for 2.5 games (Bears, MN and 1/2 of KC). Will give due, though, as vs. MN, Bears and half of KC the D was elite.

As for Stefanski, yesterday not his best. I'm not down on him or his offense in general, but I would like to see some changes. The slow, methodical approach often works, but sometimes you need to play fast, try to score quick, try to get the D tired, etc. Hurry up maybe was needed when behind in 2nd half, but will say possible they didn't think that could be done with all the new faces in the game. Would like to see them run more on 3rd down when they know they will go for it on 4th as well.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to Mount Rushmore in a little bit.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield has 6 TD's in 6 games.

How many points did they score yesterday?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Browns got curb stomped by the Cards....

#RaiderNationbaby

Yes they did, it was a whooping. Here are the players they were missing. N. Chubb, AJ Green (cb), Malcolm Smith (lb), both starting T's- J. Wills Jr & J. Conklin & DT's T. Togiai & A. Billings. J. Landry was already out. And K. Hunt got injured during the game.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they did, it was a whooping. Here are the players they were missing. N. Chubb, AJ Green (cb), Malcolm Smith (lb), both starting T's- J. Wills Jr & J. Conklin & DT's T. Togiai & A. Billings. J. Landry was already out. And K. Hunt got injured during the game.
Injuries are part of the game.

Next man up.