• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have drug and alcohol issues it seems. He had a stroke a little while back, he had been in recovery. Did he have another?

Don't know, maybe? The way the piece was worded wasn't all that clear. Could have been referencing the old stroke

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I'm not referring to you declaring you would do something impossible and with hindsight. I'm saying you're a type of homer that is very stubborn about recognizing when your teams have a problem. And that's fine, it's just sports and you can root for them however you like. You are still on board where other Browns fans no longer think Watson can deliver, Stakes think that trade killed the team's current window and you aren't there yet. It's fine.

I hated the trade when it happened. Considering we just had an 11 6 season with sub par qbs, sticking with Baker was what should have happened.

There is a vibe around Watson and none of it is good. I dont think we go to the playoffs last year if he didnt get hurt.

The injuries to the line this year are just fucking ridiculous. It makes me want to tune out the rest of the year.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the trade when it happened. Considering we just had an 11 6 season with sub par qbs, sticking with Baker was what should have happened.

There is a vibe around Watson and none of it is good. I dont think we go to the playoffs last year if he didnt get hurt.

The injuries to the line this year are just fucking ridiculous. It makes me want to tune out the rest of the year.
I don't follow the NFL nearly as closely as I do MLB or the NBA and one reason is injuries, another is the refs are too important to game outcomes. But I am aware it's by far the most popular, just not that into it. I'm not invested like I am with the other 2.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid has to be considered....but think like Brady that Mahomes fellow might make the coach more than the other way around.
Reid's had success with other QBs too (unlike Belichick) but fair point

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I'm not referring to you declaring you would do something impossible and with hindsight. I'm saying you're a type of homer that is very stubborn about recognizing when your teams have a problem. And that's fine, it's just sports and you can root for them however you like. You are still on board where other Browns fans no longer think Watson can deliver, Stakes think that trade killed the team's current window and you aren't there yet. It's fine.
It's really a bad comprehension day for you. No need to make it worse. IF I thought Watson could lead us where we want to go I would not choose to undo the deal.

Did it kill their window? true not so sure of that....but only because he only needs to be OK for this team to do well (assuming reasonable health for the team). I am of the belief he wont ever be the guy we hoped he would be when acquired.

Keep that handy somewhere so as not to keep lying about what I think.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never had a losing season.

Compare him to BB who's never had a winning season without TB12. Correction, they year TB12 got injured they won 10 or 11 games if I remember correctly.
He's definitely a solid coach and nuts many steeler fans want him gone. But can only compare Stefanski to him since Stefanski has been a HC and he's been pretty good, too, despite many things working against him.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really a bad comprehension day for you. No need to make it worse. IF I thought Watson could lead us where we want to go I would not choose to undo the deal.

Did it kill their window? true not so sure of that....but only because he only needs to be OK for this team to do well (assuming reasonable health for the team). I am of the belief he wont ever be the guy we hoped he would be when acquired.

Keep that handy somewhere so as not to keep lying about what I think.
LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won a cfp when they shouldn’t have been in the field

That doesn’t count?
Assuming we are talking 2014 OSU title not sure why you'd think they did not deserve a shot.....so of course it counts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was kind of good last year pre injury so I'd have liked our chances to make playoffs had he not been hurt. Hell, maybe even to beat Houston as maybe not the backbreaking pick sixes?

But the line issues this season AND last are incredibly annoying.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid's had success with other QBs too (unlike Belichick) but fair point
He has had success with arguably one of the best ever and another really good one in McNabb (but no titles). a decent season with alex Smith which could argue was his most impressive coaching job.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had success with arguably one of the best ever and another really good one in McNabb (but no titles). a decent season with alex Smith which could argue was his most impressive coaching job.
He's been at it a while and had success with a lot of different people and 2 teams, I think he's easy to put near the top. There are some on the way up who may get there too but they need more track record of success (Shanahan, McVay). Do we put John Harbaugh up there?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been at it a while and had success with a lot of different people and 2 teams, I think he's easy to put near the top. There are some on the way up who may get there too but they need more track record of success (Shanahan, McVay). Do we put John Harbaugh up there?
I'd put Harbaugh up there for sure. He'd be my first choice if I could have any coach.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put Harbaugh up there for sure. He'd be my first choice if I could have any coach.

I agree

The right package and won big with multipe QBs

He’s a dude

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely a solid coach and nuts many steeler fans want him gone. But can only compare Stefanski to him since Stefanski has been a HC and he's been pretty good, too, despite many things working against him.

Stephanski's been the best coach our team has had since their return. I don't wanna sound like I don't like him, I do. And I hope Chubb looks good when he returns.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephanski's been the best coach our team has had since their return. I don't wanna sound like I don't like him, I do. And I hope Chubb looks good when he returns.
May be the best since I've been a fan. Only one in contention would be Marty (would love to see prime Bernie running this team).

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns with Watson watching this game.....

Funny Face Reaction GIF by TikTok

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That td pass to Shepard was about as good as you will see.