• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you......I don't think you need to cut carbs out to be healthy or lose weight. I eat a ton of carbs and lost a lot of weight and kept it off. Also eat sugar, but greatly reduce sugar intake 4 days a week.

Are you pre-diabetic though? The most effective way to cut blood sugar is to cut carbs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly with all the injuries I dont think OBJ is the same player he used to be regardless. Hard to really tell with him not being on the same page as Baker. They really don’t need him, they just need Landry back and for their young WR’s to progress. I would look to trade him for either a young player and mid round picks or try to get a late 1st-2nd + mid round pick for him. The chemistry still isn’t there it seems and it might never happen. I would moreso look to acquire players then picks. I dont think it happens in the middle of the year but if they wait he could god forbide get injured again and then they are stuck with him for another year.

Maybe I am overreacting but to this point I really don’t think I am, we’ve been down this road for way too long. Not sure if @dtgold88 @Stakesarehigh @WiggyRuss would agree

Interested in Cole Beasley lol?

I doubt you get a 1st or 2nd for him. His value is depressed due to recent production.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That happened here with Chik-Fil-A. Of course, it didn't help that they put it on a corner where a long line forced a traffic wrap-around back onto a main road. It still backs up like that from time to time, but back then it changed the 3 lanes going West into 2 for a block (basically converted that lane into a dedicated Chik-Fil-A turn lane, lol). Stupid planning, should've picked a different location.

So stuff like that happens nationally. Not surprised. Bad planning all over the place. Just glad Raising Canes didn't open up here in town. It's already too damn crowded.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stuff like that happens nationally. Not surprised. Bad planning all over the place. Just glad Raising Canes didn't open up here in town. It's already too damn crowded.

It's funny, because we have one suburb that seems to have all the possible regional chains, but they didn't put Chik-Fil-A there first. They are now looking to do so and are having push back over suggested locations. The few stores I used to frequent in that area are no longer there, so I stay away from that traffic nightmare if possible. The Chik-Fil-A that did open and had problems with traffic is on my route to and from work (usually nice and quiet at 7am/4pm if I want breakfast or dinner on the way).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, because we have one suburb that seems to have all the possible regional chains, but they didn't put Chik-Fil-A there first. They are now looking to do so and are having push back over suggested locations. The few stores I used to frequent in that area are no longer there, so I stay away from that traffic nightmare if possible. The Chik-Fil-A that did open and had problems with traffic is on my route to and from work (usually nice and quiet at 7am/4pm if I want breakfast or dinner on the way).

People need their fast food. Stuff just isn't for me, any of them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested in Cole Beasley lol?

I doubt you get a 1st or 2nd for him. His value is depressed due to recent production.
Meh. I think they need another WR on the outside bc really Jarvis thrives in the slot

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure that would be the case actually. Josh Allen had one of the craziest turnarounds I’ve ever seen from a QB. The dude had horrible mechanics. I’m not sure Hue Jackson or Fat Freddie would have done him any good. Baker was more NFL ready and it actually didn’t hurt him as much as a guy like Allen going into a bad situation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6. Cleveland Browns (3-1)

Previous ranking: 6
sw_ye_40.png

Biggest surprise:
How quickly the defense has come together

Why it's a surprise: After finishing 19th in defensive efficiency last year, the Browns overhauled their defense in the offseason, bringing in or drafting eight new starters. The talent upgrade across the board was evident. But how quickly this defense has jelled in four weeks is still surprising. Already led by the league's No. 1 pass rush win rate, the Browns own a defense that has the look of a championship-caliber unit. -- Jake Trotter

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ

the Browns are going to slap the Raiders around.

Carr is going to do his best piñata impression.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6. Cleveland Browns (3-1)

Previous ranking: 6
sw_ye_40.png

Biggest surprise:
How quickly the defense has come together

Why it's a surprise: After finishing 19th in defensive efficiency last year, the Browns overhauled their defense in the offseason, bringing in or drafting eight new starters. The talent upgrade across the board was evident. But how quickly this defense has jelled in four weeks is still surprising. Already led by the league's No. 1 pass rush win rate, the Browns own a defense that has the look of a championship-caliber unit. -- Jake Trotter

If you look at every position on the roster aside from QB, there are about 2-3 teams that separate from the rest in terms of overall talent.

The Browns are definitely in that group and they very well might be number 1, IMO.

Bucks and Rams are right there too.

Anyone I am missing?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at every position on the roster aside from QB, there are about 2-3 teams that separate from the rest in terms of overall talent.

The Browns are definitely in that group and they very well might be number 1, IMO.

Anyone I am missing?
I think the Bucs have more than a few question marks in their secondary, even then those 2 seem like teams with pretty much no weaknesses. I think I could throw the Bills in there too, RB was a question mark but I think Moss/Singletary is not bad at all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they were a legit SB contender last year and each was knocked out by same team (though baker played a little better in the loss). Each has 1 playoff win in career, despite one in same system all 4 seasons and another in 4 systems.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone I am missing?
Did you mention AZ?

Despite Baker's critics (not saying you) having their usual field day even after a win I definitely would prefer seeing them win like they did showing the D truly could be elite than had they won a shootout where Baker went off but D was a sieve.

1 probably a stretch but could move up there IF Baker gets it together and plays like he did 2nd half of last season.

edit - my bad, missed where you said "aside from QB".

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure that would be the case actually. Josh Allen had one of the craziest turnarounds I’ve ever seen from a QB. The dude had horrible mechanics. I’m not sure Hue Jackson or Fat Freddie would have done him any good. Baker was more NFL ready and it actually didn’t hurt him as much as a guy like Allen going into a bad situation.
I agree. It’s difficult to project the exponential growth of Allen to most organizations. Much of Allen’s growth stems from his hard work but someone else determines the plan and the path for that development to occur the right way. Great job by the Buffalo staff.