• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that is the issue, though (needing to be the alpha). I think in that locker room Landry is looked at as more of a leader than OBJ and Baker and Landry play well together.

Somehow that guy has pinpoint accuracy when he throws to a covered Higgins but OBJ could be alone on the field and he might miss him (did hit him on a couple nice throws, I guess...but out of 7? Ugh)
And maybe that is the key…Landry and OBJ both have to be on the field but it just doesn’t make sense. The chemistry still is just too inconsistent between the two, maybe he forces throws he normally wouldn’t make and his accuracy is off? It’s something that is hard to explain

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe that is the key…Landry and OBJ both have to be on the field but it just doesn’t make sense. The chemistry still is just too inconsistent between the two, maybe he forces throws he normally wouldn’t make and his accuracy is off? It’s something that is hard to explain
I'm kind of hoping the shoulder is the issue.....well, only if it will get better soon. Wouldn't have thought hurting a non-throwing shoulder would matter but have heard some ex-players say it could.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly with all the injuries I dont think OBJ is the same player he used to be regardless. Hard to really tell with him not being on the same page as Baker. They really don’t need him, they just need Landry back and for their young WR’s to progress. I would look to trade him for either a young player and mid round picks or try to get a late 1st-2nd + mid round pick for him. The chemistry still isn’t there it seems and it might never happen. I would moreso look to acquire players then picks. I dont think it happens in the middle of the year but if they wait he could god forbide get injured again and then they are stuck with him for another year.

Maybe I am overreacting but to this point I really don’t think I am, we’ve been down this road for way too long. Not sure if @dtgold88 @Stakesarehigh @WiggyRuss would agree

I think it's time to move OBJ

Baker was shit Sunday and that isn't OBJ fault but Baker is much more comfortable when OBJ is out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Denver is solid- a very very good defense and offense that is competent.

I think the Browns are talented enough to beat them even if the Browns dont play their best game.

Chargers- you have to score a ton of points against- Herbert is the real deal. Its on the road as well. That game scares me a lot- especially since no way will Jedrick Wills play, our backup left tackle is hurt, and Landry is still out.

The Browns certainly are good enough to beat the Broncos without playing their best game. I think the Browns are better.

However, my point is that if Bridgewater and Juedy are playing, the 2 teams are probably not all that far off. And the Broncos are similarly good enough to beat them even if the Browns play reasonably well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly with all the injuries I dont think OBJ is the same player he used to be regardless. Hard to really tell with him not being on the same page as Baker. They really don’t need him, they just need Landry back and for their young WR’s to progress. I would look to trade him for either a young player and mid round picks or try to get a late 1st-2nd + mid round pick for him. The chemistry still isn’t there it seems and it might never happen. I would moreso look to acquire players then picks. I dont think it happens in the middle of the year but if they wait he could god forbide get injured again and then they are stuck with him for another year.

Maybe I am overreacting but to this point I really don’t think I am, we’ve been down this road for way too long. Not sure if @dtgold88 @Stakesarehigh @WiggyRuss would agree

A 1st or 2nd for OBJ?

No chance.

You would be lucky to find a team willing to take him on at his cap hit. You aren’t getting a premium asset back with the way he has played/been injured last couple years.

Cutting OBJ is more realistic if that dynamic really is the problem.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend of mine just went to one in Macedonia and he loves it. I don't get the infatuation. Said there were at least 20-25 cars ahead in line. Had it at OSU a few years back. It was good. Not waiting 25 cars good, though. The fingers were pretty good. Fries might as well have been ore-i-da. Bread was OK but could tell had been sitting around.

Thinking some might like it as it's simple. Not like you have many choices to make when you go.

I don't get waiting in some long line just to get chicken either. Or any other new fast food joint for that matter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1st or 2nd for OBJ?

No chance.

You would be lucky to find a team willing to take him on at his cap hit. You aren’t getting a premium asset back with the way he has played/been injured last couple years.

Cutting OBJ is more realistic if that dynamic really is the problem.
I think cutting him is pretty unrealistic too though, I agree something in the middle unless they get a desperate team trying to make the playoffs but unlikely

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really expected the Raiders to play better than this tonight

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know. Its probably too early to tell.

Playing devil's advocate for Beckham- he didnt practice at all in the preseason- and has played in Stefanski's system for what? 8 games or something?

Next year Beckam and Landry make a combined like 30 million- and honestly i think id rather keep Landry

here is the problem though in my mind------- The Browns can be a very very good team and win a playoff game without Odell- we saw that last year.

Can the Browns get to and win an AFC Championship game or Super Bowl without a potential game breaking wide receiver? If Beckham and Mayfield do get on the same page and thrive- can we win a super bowl? and is it possible to do that if they dont get on the same page and they get rid of Beckham?

I dont know.

next year they have to start making some interesting decisions salary wise with Teller, Ward, and Baker all being up for new contracts. With Newsome, and Greedy looking good- do they need to give Ward 15M? is he worth it? Hes damn good- Ward- a top 10- maybe higher- corner when he has it going- but he didnt look great the first 2 games of the season.

its an interesting puzzle.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I do know right now is that no one in the NFL has a backfield that is as dangerous as the Browns. Chubb is a top 3 running back. Hunt is top 10- and Hunt can catch the ball and make all kinds of plays.

The offensive line of the Browns is damn good. Bitonio and Teller are easily the best guard combo in the league. Conklin is easily a top 10 right tackle- some have him as high as top 3. Tretter is a well above average center. Wills- at left tackle is solid when healthy- but hes not healthy, and his backup isnt healthy. thats not good.

The Browns d-line and defensive backfield is monstrous. JOK and Delpit have looked great- and they are depth pieces ideally. The secondary has so many play makers in Johnson, Harrison, Ward, Newsome, Hill, JOK, Delpit, etc.....

it comes down to Baker. He has looked super accurate at times and then not at times. I heard that he had a harness around his left should because of the dislocation - and its the first time he has ever done that- and maybe it effected his throwing. Usually he is pretty damn accurate.

The Browns are a damn good team. I think that 11-12 wins is very very reasonable right now from what I have seen. The defense being vastly improved- and an o-line and running game that can be counted on every week more so than any other team in the NFL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were down, 21-0 at halftime.

Carr is Captain Comeback!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were down, 21-0 at halftime.

Carr is Captain Comeback!!!!
yaaaaah not so much. Chargers offense is serious business.

I am glad Chargers are on a short week. 2nd tough road game in a row for the Brownies. Lets hope they have better luck than the Raiders.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the total but I'd never bet 125 on a 10 teamer

Have to get a group. I do one or two group bets per week for big money. Group of 5 put $20 each per week and we either do 2 $50 bet or 1 $100 bet. The rest of my bets are my small solo bets but yeah I'm never putting 125 out on my own for a 10 leg parlay

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my group did that bet for $ 100 then that is 25k winning bet so about 5k per person

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already cut waaaaay back on sugar.

Giving up carbs? Fuck that. My last physical I was all good, except for being borderline pre diabetic....hence cutting out most of the sugar.

Carbs are turned into blood sugar. The easiest way to reverse pre-diabetes is cutting carbs (and sugar of course).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never eaten at Popeyes and it's been probably around 25 years since I had KFC. When some chicken place called Raising Canes opened in this area the lines were so long it made the local news. Cops had to be called out to direct traffic. That made me laugh.

That happened here with Chik-Fil-A. Of course, it didn't help that they put it on a corner where a long line forced a traffic wrap-around back onto a main road. It still backs up like that from time to time, but back then it changed the 3 lanes going West into 2 for a block (basically converted that lane into a dedicated Chik-Fil-A turn lane, lol). Stupid planning, should've picked a different location.