• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Lebron james has a whole flock of haters, this is sports man.

I'm a Lamar hater... obviously.

Do I see the very obvious limitations he has when he absolutely has to throw....yes.

It's not like I wouldn't take Lamar right now over all but maybe 7 or 8 qbs but I'd take pause on a 5 year plan. He's been fortunate to avoid that one big injury with how he plays.
It’s just so funny when you see this stuff coming from a Browns fan. Has there ever been a Browns QB in your lifetime or even ever that has been as good as Lamar Jackson has been in his career? I don’t think so.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just so funny when you see this stuff coming from a Browns fan. Has there ever been a Browns QB in your lifetime or even ever that has been as good as Lamar Jackson has been in his career? I don’t think so.

Nope. But Bernie and Baker both have as many or more playoff wins lol.

The entire root of the Browns suckage is qb play, I certainly know opportunities when I see it.

I plan on being on this site for quite a while and it's one of those things I will continue to follow closely..if for no other reason than I truly enjoy watching Baltimore lose. KC/Baltimore is a "rooting for a hurricane" kind of game though.

I enjoy being the antagonist when it comes to Lamar.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s so hard to have the back of a multiple time MVP who had like 120 yards rushing last night.

Who has a higher career passing percentage than Tom Brady.

Real tough…

Yea talking like Lamar is some scrub is crazy. Yeah he’s not Mahomes or any of the top guys when it comes to passing the ball but as long as he is healthy he will lead you to 11-13 wins and at least a playoffs win. Sooner or later he will get them over the hump and have them in the Super Bowl

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea talking like Lamar is some scrub is crazy. Yeah he’s not Mahomes or any of the top guys when it comes to passing the ball but as long as he is healthy he will lead you to 11-13 wins and at least a playoffs win. Sooner or later he will get them over the hump and have them in the Super Bowl
I don’t want to get too technical but accuracy comes from feet. A QB like Lamar is an enigma. He has exceptional feet. The talent is off the charts. He needs to either work with elite coaching or be better at accepting coaching. His footwork is too inconsistent for him to ever be accurate. The Ravens are misusing him. I hate Collinsworth but he had a solid comment last night I’ve been saying for years. Ravens need to be almost exclusively a play action team. 2/3 of their passing action has to be off run action. It will allow them to take advantage of the zone people play vs Lamar. The Ravens are too inconsistent in their embrace of play action.

Why the fuck are they throwing all those little WR screens last night? The Chiefs are light in the ass on D but everybody can run. That plays into their game.

Anyway…next step for Lamar is him taking an off season and working with some guru on his footwork.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know who else is supposed to pass behind that OL. Chris Jones just repeatedly ran over the right guard all night. Jackson needs to take ownership of his accuracy for sure. He needs to be better there. But the people around him, OL and offensive play calling especially, have to be better as well.

He needs to learn to avoid contact when he runs. He's out there lowering his shoulder like a running back. Imo, he'd be a lot more effective if he took the approach Russell Wilson did in his prime. Scramble to extend the play and give receivers more time to get open and when he does take off, get as many yards as possible then slide or run out of bounds.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. But Bernie and Baker both have as many or more playoff wins lol.

The entire root of the Browns suckage is qb play, I certainly know opportunities when I see it.

I plan on being on this site for quite a while and it's one of those things I will continue to follow closely..if for no other reason than I truly enjoy watching Baltimore lose. KC/Baltimore is a "rooting for a hurricane" kind of game though.

I enjoy being the antagonist when it comes to Lamar.

I still can’t believe how badly watson has fallen apart

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they were only in that football game because he rushed for like 130 yards.

It’s so hard to have the back of a multiple time MVP who had like 120 yards rushing last night.

Who has a higher career passing percentage than Tom Brady.

Real tough…

I don’t know who else is supposed to pass behind that OL. Chris Jones just repeatedly ran over the right guard all night. Jackson needs to take ownership of his accuracy for sure. He needs to be better there. But the people around him, OL and offensive play calling especially, have to be better as well.

They couldn’t even call plays that require standing in the pocket to three seconds.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m glad Detroit brought in Zeitler. Just kinda clear Baltimore is noticing their changes on the line.

It’s a shame they can’t run him 30x per game because they’d never lose

As bad as that last sequence was only a handful of QBs don’t get sacked on those plays and end the game there either

If he isn’t running for his life he easily hits some of those

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to learn to avoid contact when he runs. He's out there lowering his shoulder like a running back. Imo, he'd be a lot more effective if he took the approach Russell Wilson did in his prime. Scramble to extend the play and give receivers more time to get open and when he does take off, get as many yards as possible then slide or run out of bounds.

This is the key to getting more Carries out of him

He needs to Marvin Harrison his touches

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year he has to take a step forward.

He looked good in his last game, but that was forever ago.

The problem with that contract is….it’s really not

You’re almost impossibly stuck with him unless you find a purdy

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can’t believe how badly watson has fallen apart
Not sure if true but I’ve read recently that Watson is really struggling to understand Stefanski’s system. Rumor is that in Houston Bill O’Brien saw that Watson was slow to pick up on the nuances of his scheme so he assimilated to run what Watson ran at Clemson. The more time goes on, it seems like the Texans really pulled one over on the league being able to get what they did for a guy who may not be able to play the position in an ideal way AND is a garbage citizen.

I’ll eat my crow here. At one time before Hurts had his break out 2022 season I was lobbying for the Eagles to do what the Browns did and trade for Watson. Really glad in hindsight that never came to fruition.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if true but I’ve read recently that Watson is really struggling to understand Stefanski’s system. Rumor is that in Houston Bill O’Brien saw that Watson was slow to pick up on the nuances of his scheme so he assimilated to run what Watson ran at Clemson. The more time goes on, it seems like the Texans really pulled one over on the league being able to get what they did for a guy who may not be able to play the position in an ideal way AND is a garbage citizen.

I’ll eat my crow here. At one time before Hurts had his break out 2022 season I was lobbying for the Eagles to do what the Browns did and trade for Watson. Really glad in hindsight that never came to fruition.

He’d fit in bette with the eagles system, the rpo stuff

But fair

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that contract is….it’s really not

You’re almost impossibly stuck with him unless you find a purdy
Yes and no. When this started they weren’t going to be stuck. They could have bit the bullet and rode it out. They’re about to start year 3 of this. However, in order to manipulate the cap to build a team around him, they did what many other teams have done and that’s kick the can down the road on his cap hit and cap numbers. That system works well if the team is going to be committed to that player for 6-7-8 +years.

There’s no escape hatch when the player can’t play.