• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any more guest stars to look forward to?
I’ll be honest with you, and this is only my opinion…the show starts to decline after the season you’re watching, there’s some more guest stars but not on the level of Smits and Lithgow, again, my opinion. Lol

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I’d add that the later seasons weren’t horrible necessarily but couldn’t compare to seasons 1-4, which were amazing.

Season 1 had great exposition and the ending was pretty good.

Season 2, I loved the dynamic of Doakes and Dexter going at it, Lila was meh.

Season 3, Smits character was really well done and it was interesting to see Dexter let his guard down and allow assistance.

Season 4, Lithgow is straight up one of the better antagonists in a TV show period. Also watching Dexter try and be more of a family man.

There’s some things I left out, I haven’t watched the show in quite awhile but those were the impressions left on me of the show after an extended period of time without seeing it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I’d add that the later seasons weren’t horrible necessarily but couldn’t compare to seasons 1-4, which were amazing.

Season 3, Smits character was really well done and it was interesting to see Dexter let his guard down and allow assistance.

Season 4, Lithgow is straight up one of the better antagonists in a TV show period. Also watching Dexter try and be more of a family man.

There’s some things I left out, I haven’t watched the show in quite awhile but those were the impressions left on me of the show after an extended period of time without seeing it.
Watching Dexter went a lot like watching Six Feet Under.

After a number of seasons you’re committed enough to finish, but it’s not at the same level as the early seasons.

Suppose that’s true for a lot of shows. But I’m just thinking of Michael C. Hall shows.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After a number of seasons you’re committed enough to finish, but it’s not at the same level as the early seasons.

Suppose that’s true for a lot of shows. But I’m just thinking of Michael C. Hall shows.
Yeah there’s few shows that are brilliant or at least hold up until the end. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul come to mind as being as close as possible to achieving this.

Also I didn’t watch Dexter: New Blood, if you did was it good?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess they didn't come up with the Jumped the Shark term for nothing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also liked seeing Dexter and Doakes go at it and keeping Doakes around would have been fine by me (but not how it works, I guess)....and thought same of Lila

Looking forward to ending of season 4 tonight.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there’s few shows that are brilliant or at least hold up until the end. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul come to mind as being as close as possible to achieving this.

I didn’t watch it either.

Wanted Dex to die by the end of the series.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also liked seeing Dexter and Doakes go at it and keeping Doakes around would have been fine by me (but not how it works, I guess)....and thought same of Lila

Looking forward to ending of season 4 tonight.
Yeah man, would like to know what you thought of it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

always looking for another show and if there are any older ones you'd recommend (only had streaming since 2020 or so) let's hear it.

Might give New Blood a whirl....is it on Netflix?

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always looking for another show and if there are any older ones you'd recommend (only had streaming since 2020 or so) let's hear it.

Might give New Blood a whirl....is it on Netflix?
Well the two I mentioned in that post, have you seen those?

If not, you may have the rare circumstance of being able to watch Better Call Saul first which primarily takes place before Breaking Bad but was aired after it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the two I mentioned in that post, have you seen those?

If not, you may have the rare circumstance of being able to watch Better Call Saul first which primarily takes place before Breaking Bad but was aired after it.
already seen Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad. BB was my first Netflix show.....might be my all time fav.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me think about it a bit, what are all the streaming services you have?
Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Pluto, Paramount I think, I'm sure there are others. and as you can see with my watching Dexter now I likely missed them when they were popular so older is fine.

Prefer Netflix/Hulu since no commercials....yet.