• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will literally marry you right now for listing Genesis. My favorite band overall and very uncool to like them. You and I girl, let’s run away together and get Phil Collins to officiate
Bro, they were HUGE in California.

They still resonate with urban fans and had major crossover success without even trying.

Even rap Dudes mess with Phil.

Dude was so gracious he even showed up for this video shoot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yoooMQZdGW0

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peart for me too, I was really getting into to Taylor Hawkins and he had to go and OD. That guy had a chance to be remembered like that, he was that good.
Eh he wasn’t ever going to get to that level especially because his own band used another drummer on almost every song. But he was awesome

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still resonate with urban fans and had major crossover success without even trying.

I’ll drop a few bits in a minute, walking my dogs

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supper's ready, The carpet crawlers, Mad man moon, Behind the lines, The musical box, One for the vine, Home by the sea, The cinema show, Giant Hogweed….

And that’s mostly their early shit.
This is me right now after reading your post

Randy Marsh South Park GIF

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the drummer, but when I listen to Everlong live he is all I hear. Brilliant.
Yeah but it's not him, Dave Grohl plays drums on almost every Foo Fighter song, Taylor was just the live show drummer so Dave could be the frontman. On their first album Grohl played all instruments, hadn't assembled the band yet.

So you are in awe of Grohl not Hawkins per se, and yes Grohl is an all time great drummer. I don't even bother with Everlong either lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it's not him, Dave Grohl plays drums on almost every Foo Fighter song, Taylor was just the live show drummer so Dave could be the frontman. On their first album Grohl played all instruments, hadn't assembled the band yet.

So you are in awe of Grohl not Hawkins per se, and yes Grohl is an all time great drummer. I don't even bother with Everlong either lol
I’m talking watching them live on YouTube and stuff. Sure the old stuff was Grohl but Grohl was deferring to him as the better drummer at the end. I most certainly am not taking about Grohl when I mean Hawkins. I’ve watched those guys a lot.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of California, saw them at the Hollywood Bowl in 2007, great show...saw them in 1986 in Houston too. Didn't go last year, too depressing, a pure money grab, Phil sits in a chair half the show, can't even play drums anymore, his son toured with them.

What else...Phil is a good dude, gracious like you said...once quipped after his very public second divorce which to date was the largest financially in UK history "Well it's only money. Of course, that's what someone with a lot of money would say..."

But then he could catch some shit too, read that he met Paul McCartney in the mid 80s finally and was basically fangirling over him and Paul said to someone he was with "oh look little Phil is a Beatles fan!" Ouch.

Fantastic band I adore, from the oldest days to around 1983. Invisible Touch has a couple good songs but that was when they finally stopped making good albums IMO. They had changed into a pop band and good for them! They did all the other stuff, I don't like bands that stay the same for decades, I like to see changes even if sometimes they go off in other directions I'm not into, so what? The old stuff is always there.

Basically I am into prog rock as a genre, one of the least cool offshoots of rock, all about how good you can play your stuff, how complicated you can get, and how much you can try to change and progress the music...it's pretty nerdy but I love that stuff, old Genesis, Yes, ELP, Rush, 70s Pink Floyd, Asia, etc. But you can find some of that DNA in more modern acts, like Radiohead (golden era Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett said they were the most prog modern band) and Muse and others.

See what you did? I'm embarrassing the forum right now

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m talking watching them live on YouTube and stuff. Sure the old stuff was Grohl but Grohl was deferring to him as the better drummer at the end. I most certainly am not taking about Grohl when I mean Hawkins. I’ve watched those guys a lot.
OK wasn't sure what you meant, yes I would agree as performers Hawkins surpassed Grohl

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phil just stands there scowling lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? I always loved that scene in The Hangover with Tyson lmao
Read somewhere the other day that Tyson agreed to do the movie while all effed up at a club in Vegas.

Then was coked up for all of the shooting and blew the money he received from the movie on more coke.

Then realized he needed to get clean. And did. All thanks to The Hangover.

And he’s totaled owned Tigers in the past.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of California, saw them at the Hollywood Bowl in 2007, great show...saw them in 1986 in Houston too. Didn't go last year, too depressing, a pure money grab, Phil sits in a chair half the show, can't even play drums anymore, his son toured with them.

What else...Phil is a good dude, gracious like you said...once quipped after his very public second divorce which to date was the largest financially in UK history "Well it's only money. Of course, that's what someone with a lot of money would say..."

But then he could catch some shit too, read that he met Paul McCartney in the mid 80s finally and was basically fangirling over him and Paul said to someone he was with "oh look little Phil is a Beatles fan!" Ouch.

Fantastic band I adore, from the oldest days to around 1983. Invisible Touch has a couple good songs but that was when they finally stopped making good albums IMO. They had changed into a pop band and good for them! They did all the other stuff, I don't like bands that stay the same for decades, I like to see changes even if sometimes they go off in other directions I'm not into, so what? The old stuff is always there.

Basically I am into prog rock as a genre, one of the least cool offshoots of rock, all about how good you can play your stuff, how complicated you can get, and how much you can try to change and progress the music...it's pretty nerdy but I love that stuff, old Genesis, Yes, ELP, Rush, 70s Pink Floyd, Asia, etc. But you can find some of that DNA in more modern acts, like Radiohead (golden era Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett said they were the most prog modern band) and Muse and others.

See what you did? I'm embarrassing the forum right now
How awesomely famous would you have to be, in order to not be somewhat star struck by Paul McCartney?

You know?

Ringo I’d just want to ask about Shiny Time Station. But Paul, idk if I’d even be able to say hi. Not without looking stupid anyway. I’m with Phil there, no getting around it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How awesomely famous would you have to be, in order to not be somewhat star struck by Paul McCartney?

You know?

Ringo I’d just want to ask about Shiny Time Station. But Paul, idk if I’d even be able to say hi. Not without looking stupid anyway. I’m with Phil there, no getting around it.
The thing is McCartney has a rep as a nice dude, and he probably is in general, but I guess he has a catty side too LOL

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of y'all need to start posting some of your fave band's tunes in the Music forum once in a while...or at least on a semi-regular basis.

Take some time away from the PF and whatnot.

It has a way of being very therapeutic.

Classic rock is always more than welcome.