• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for those who have watched True Detective. Just started with episode 1......does every episode/season have a format where they cut away and interview the characters?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghosts Insulting GIF by CBS
Browns are still my #1 choice for a title of the teams I cheer for....but never even thought I'd see any let alone Cavs and OSU.

So we've got that going for us (well at least you have Pistons, too)?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are still my #1 choice for a title of the teams I cheer for....but never even thought I'd see any let alone Cavs and OSU.

So we've got that going for us (well at least you have Pistons, too)?

Red Wings also

But technically the Tigers won one while I was alive I just didn't enjoy it

(I was 4)

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for those who have watched True Detective. Just started with episode 1......does every episode/season have a format where they cut away and interview the characters?
No every season is different with new actors and characters. Stick with season 1 you won’t be sorry.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No every season is different with new actors and characters.

I keep meaning to try season 2 again but it was kinda meh

Was hoping maybe I was too hard on it because it was so close to 1

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep meaning to try season 2 again but it was kinda meh

Was hoping maybe I was too hard on it because it was so close to 1
Season 1 was one of the better shows I’ve seen. Can’t say the same about 2 and 3 but both worth watching. Hoping what’s being said about 4 is true.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners
Ravens
Cowboys
Bills
Lions
Top 5 could mean- top 5 best teams or top 5 hottest teams but I think the list is different and it does matter at this time of year. If this is top 5 best then I can agree.

I think the Niners, Ravens and Bills are solid choices for both lists. The other two are debatable.

Chiefs - definitely not one of the best teams but they have a ton of playoff experience and still a top defense.
Lions - could be the top 5 best. Will the spotlight be too big for them? I think it is a toss up but I like the Rams over the Lions.
Rams - top 5 hottest teams. see above.
Cowboys - in my mind a top 5 best team but they struggle in the playoffs. They are playing at home though for at least two games they helps A LOT. Still can't trust this team in the playoffs.
Browns - not a top 5 team. Too many injuries, simple as that but they could be one of the hottest teams. I wouldn't put them in either category and they are a longshot even with a top defense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda where Matt does some of his best work.

I'm jealous honestly...you seeing that fresh after like 10 years lol
Haha...it took me longer than most to get Netflix and other streaming services so I saw a number of shows after many had seen them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 could mean- top 5 best teams or top 5 hottest teams but I think the list is different and it does matter at this time of year. If this is top 5 best then I can agree.

I think the Niners, Ravens and Bills are solid choices for both lists. The other two are debatable.

Chiefs - definitely not one of the best teams but they have a ton of playoff experience and still a top defense.
Lions - could be the top 5 best. Will the spotlight be too big for them? I think it is a toss up but I like the Rams over the Lions.
Cowboys - in my mind a top 5 best team but they struggle in the playoffs. They are playing at home though for at least two games they helps A LOT. Still can't trust this team in the playoffs.
Browns - not a top 5 team. Too many injuries, simple as that but they could be one of the hottest teams. I wouldn't put them in either category and they are a longshot even with a top defense.
I think the Rams could make a run if they miss the 49'ers in the 2nd round.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL ALL Rookie Team

Dawand Jones
CLE • OT • #79
View Profile
Such a shame Jones was lost to injury in December, then again, the Browns had this remarkable ability to persevere through injury adversity all season en route to 11 wins. Jones surrendered just 21 pressures on 419 pass-blocking snaps at right tackle and put some eyebrow-raising wins against quality, veteran edge rushers.

Last 2 years- the Browns have not had a first round pick- but have gotten 2 first round talents in the draft in Jones and Emerson.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Chiefs need a hot month of.....catching wide open passes....and they could easily win the whole thing.

But what are the odds of that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly agree though not sure I'd call Browns a true longshot. Heck, I thought a longshot in 2020 - even moreso in WC round in Pittsburgh with all the guys we were missing to Covid - and we beat the Steelers and nearly pulled off the upset against a serious favorite like KC. with a pretty bad D.

all that said will be tough to get into SB out of AFC especially considering would likely need to win 3 on road where our D has struggled.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams could make a run if they miss the 49'ers in the 2nd round.
I agree it’s possible but I think in the end the Lions at home are going to be just a little too much for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 was horrendous- and Season 3 was okay--- but Season 1 of TD is really really freaking good.
They are all completely different right? Should I just skip season 2 in your opinion knowing what you already know? Barely into season 1 as it is though.

Saw a couple other somewhat older shows recently that I liked......Bloodline and Body of Proof. Not great but good IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all completely different right? Should I just skip season 2 in your opinion knowing what you already know? Barely into season 1 as it is though.

Saw a couple other somewhat older shows recently that I liked......Bloodline and Body of Proof. Not great but good IMO.
they are all completely different. I wouldnt bother with Season 2 - or really 3---- a lot of other good stuff on MAX to watch if you got it now.

Some under the radar shows on MAX (formerly HBO) that I would watch far before Season 2 or 3- are Chernobyl, and Station 11.