• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda bummed about the Browns matchup. Out of the Colts, Jaguars and Texans- the Texans were the team I least wanted to see...

They have one of the best LT in the game in Tunsil

2 good DE pass rushers- Anderson is really good and Greenard has 12.5 sacks too- the tackles of the Browns will be severely tested. They matchup well in those 2 ways.

I think the Browns will be able to shut down the running game- if the Texans try and run it---- Stroud isnt afraid to test the DB's who will be in a lot of man coverage - as they always are.

I think this matchup comes down to 2 things:

1.) can Garrett regularly beat Tunsil and the double teams - and if he doesnt- will he get help from Zadarious, Okoronkwo and Wright rushing the passer?

2.) Can Flacco continue to make big plays but avoid the big mistake?

@Shanemansj13 @dtgold88 what do you guys think?
was hoping to face Indy and figured Jville and Houston about the same for us. I get Houston will have stroud but he cannot help the D that was torched by us for 36.

No idea how this will go.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of it matters really lol.

one nfc team and one afc team advance
Yep.....and if we really want to compare the conferences we can use that 80 game sample size where the AFC led, 46-34, I believe.

Not that it matters all that much either.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was hoping to face Indy and figured Jville and Houston about the same for us. I get Houston will have stroud but he cannot help the D that was torched by us for 36.

No idea how this will go.
Interesting story line. The rapist’s old team vs his new team.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners
Ravens
Cowboys
Bills
Lions
I don't see how anyone including Vegas puts the Niners over the Ravens. We just saw a healthy Niners team get smoked at home by them. Not to say the next matchup would be the same, it probably wouldn't be. But where's the evidence the Niners are better?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how anyone including Vegas puts the Niners over the Ravens. We just saw a healthy Niners team get smoked at home by them. Not to say the next matchup would be the same, it probably wouldn't be. But where's the evidence the Niners are better?
I trust Purdy/Shanahan/their weapons more than I do Lamar who hasn’t done it in the playoffs yet.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the prop players out there, I can’t play them here but I’m learning how sometimes you can see how Vegas feels about a game with some of the player props. For instance tonight Penix fishing total is set at 2.5. Now remember that in college sacks count against a rushing total but this still seems low. I still like Washington and the points but my biggest play will be under the total of 55.5. That Penix prop is part of that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need evidence.....I'm still waiting for evidence/facts on why the NFC is better than the AFC.

while I can see thinking SF would win a rematch agree hard to rank them higher until they do based on that last game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Purdy/Shanahan/their weapons more than I do Lamar who hasn’t done it in the playoffs yet.
doesn't he have the same amount of playoff wins as Purdy? Guessing Harbaugh has more wins than Shanahan in the postseason.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least better than that last one.
The Bills have replaced the Chiefs and the Ravens have replaced the Eagles. Based on the information at Thanksgiving my ratings were fine. You just didn’t like it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills have replaced the Chiefs and the Ravens have replaced the Eagles. Based on the information at Thanksgiving my ratings were fine. You just didn’t like it.
Leaving Bmore out completely because you thought they were pretty much an alsoran without Andrews was fine?

But, sure, it was fine to allow your NFC bias to cloud your judgement. Not sure why you care so much about the NFC but you do you. I wish you were right and Bmore melted.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't he have the same amount of playoff wins as Purdy? Guessing Harbaugh has more wins than Shanahan in the postseason.
Purdy is 2-1 and his 1 loss he was hurt on the first series of the game. Lamar Jackson is 1-3. If I were you I’d bring up this huge error in every conversation we have for the next 5 months. You’re lucky I’m not you, Rain man.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting story line. The rapist’s old team vs his new team.

Lot's of storylines in the first round:

Bills/Steelers - head coaches were college roommates
Lions/Rams - Goff/Stafford trade
Chiefs/Fins - Tyreek trade
Packers/Cowboys - McCarthy trying to beat his old team

and Eagles/Bucs......?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving Bmore out completely because you thought they were pretty much an alsoran without Andrews was fine?
Yep. All evidence to that point showed Lamar dips without Andrews.
But, sure, it was fine to allow your NFC bias to cloud your judgement. Not sure why you care so much about the NFC but you do you. I wish you were right and Bmore melted.
Why? You know the Browns aren’t going to win anything don’t you?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of storylines in the first round:

Bills/Steelers - head coaches were college roommates
Lions/Rams - Goff/Stafford trade
Chiefs/Fins - Tyreek trade
Packers/Cowboys - McCarthy trying to beat his old team

and Eagles/Bucs......?
Bucs exposed Hurts in the 2021 playoffs. Most around here say that game was instrumental in the evolution of Hurts.