• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills have been lucky? I missed that somehow. If you're pointing to the Chiefs win via penalty, I can point to the loss to the Broncos via penalty. The Bills struggles have been their own problems (with some key defensive injuries added in). They tend to win by a lot or lose close games, not exactly the sign of having good luck.

They should’ve lost the chiefs, giants and chargers games

got bailed out on a laughable blindside block to the guys face that forced the punt for a td

They should be at home

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

got bailed out on a laughable blindside block to the guys face that forced the punt for a td

They should be at home
But if they play like they did in the 2nd half yesterday they can beat anyone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should be at home

Yeah, not like the gave up at least 9 points in easy FG opportunities on failed drives due to turnovers and the end of the half. The game was their own mistakes, not luck or a missed penalty.

Close games don't mean they should have lost (Giants, Chargers), they have had a problem with playing down to the level of their opponents. I already noted the Chiefs game and the Broncos similar loss offsets that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...and that was with a starting LT, LB, CB and #2 WR leaving the game with injuries. Now, they need those guys back to win in the playoffs, and at least it seems that Dawkins and Douglas should be back. Gabe Davis was in street clothes, so that's not a good look. Dodson has a shoulder injury.

It's hard to take too much from beating the Dolphins, as the Bills have their number.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that was with a starting LT, LB, CB and #2 WR leaving the game with injuries. Now, they need those guys back to win in the playoffs, and at least it seems that Dawkins and Douglas should be back. Gabe Davis was in street clothes, so that's not a good look. Dodson has a shoulder injury.

It's hard to take too much from beating the Dolphins, as the Bills have their number.
Agreed. They do have the Dolphins number but they also closed out the season strong to get the 2 seed.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s my useless predictions for how this goes.
NFC - Cowboys beat Pack

- Lions beat Rams

- Bucs beat Philly

- Niners over Bucs

- Lions over Cowboys

- Niners over Lions

AFC - Bills over Steelers

- Chiefs over Dolphins

- Browns over Texans

- Ravens over Browns
- Bills over Chiefs

- Ravens over Bills

Super Bowl - Ravens beat Niners
I posted about a week ago it'd be Ravens over Niners too. Kind of the 'chalk' pick.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are always first, but the Bills franchise needs that win SO badly (and everyone around me will be cheering for the Bills). If I walked into work with a Rams shirt on after they theoretically beat the Bills in the SB, there could be problems lol.
That's an easy tie breaker. Rams just got one, you live in Bills country.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tomlin is good enough to never be fired.
We will see, I tend to agree with you but a lot of people are getting restless. Most of the success now days is by offensive minded coaches.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why they are difficult to predict. If they play like they are capable of for a full game they can play with anyone or they can lose to anyone.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see, I tend to agree with you but a lot of people are getting restless. Most of the success now days is by offensive minded coaches.
Sure I see the restlessness, but that franchise won't fire Tomlin for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. They do have the Dolphins number but they also closed out the season strong to get the 2 seed.

Getting thru the Cowboys/Chiefs/Eagles gauntlet was key, but strong is a bit of an overstatement. They let that Eagles game slip away, but stomped the road Boys and edged the Chiefs due to a penalty. Getting the result white-washes a lot of the issues getting there though,

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting thru the Cowboys/Chiefs/Eagles gauntlet was key, but strong is a bit of an overstatement. They let that Eagles game slip away, but stomped the road Boys and edged the Chiefs due to a penalty. Getting the result white-washes a lot of the issues getting there though,
Some strange voodoo took place during that Bills Eagles game. Eagles left the game 10-1 and Bills 5-6. Today they’re both 11-6. This was some Freaky Friday shit haha. I want to switch back now please.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles used up their turbo?
My crucible for the Eagles season actually came prior to that during the bye when they cut the legs out from under Desai taking away his third down duties. Prior to that the Eagles defense wasn’t great but they competed. They’ve been ass on that side of the ball as soon as they signaled from on high they had no faith in the coaches on that side of the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay hasn’t even played the last 3-4 weeks. You’re in the dark just making up shit. Check out the tweet I posted in this thread. They aren’t even running sound defensive principles. It’s a broken defense from the top down. They’re asking pass rushers to play zones and it’s a mess. This has been organizational malpractice. The Eagles didn’t give Byard a ton of money either. They traded for him and can cut him this year with only 700k in dead cap. He was a rental because they shit the bed in their plan for S this season.

The only think in your post that was correct is that Bradbury has lost a step. Slay rarely gets targeted this season. It makes sense why. There are better matchups all over the field vs LBs safeties and nickel and dime corners. And again…it’s all being run with confusion and different guys bowling assignments. The issues here are coaching with a mix of personnel decision incompetence and none of that is seen in the people you called out. Byard has actually been one of their better secondary players.

You have no idea what you’re talking about in football conversations.
Care to redo your top 5 as the one you did a little while ago was a joke.