• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but 3 weeks is a long time. Have to trust Harbaugh to deal with it, he’s been through it before.
You can do a lot to keep them engaged without the risk of injury. Rest is invaluable. These moments are why you pay coaches big money to deal with this. You may see some sloppy execution early but they can work around that with play calling getting them loose and engaged.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is definitely a huge advantage- one less game

they are resting their starters this week- and then the bye- itll be 3 weeks since they played

last time that happened- the Ravens did the same in 2019---- and got their ass kicked by the Titans on their homefield- I would take the bye every single day of the week- but theres some risk there of rust after not playing for 3 weeks.
I guess......but also may just be coincidence and nothing to do with bye should a team lose off a long layoff.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but 3 weeks is a long time. Have to trust Harbaugh to deal with it, he’s been through it before.
I agree....but you know if they lose no matter what happens Blame the Coach Guy will blame Harbaugh.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree......just something for Blame the Coach Guy to use IF his team loses and blame the coach for sitting guys.
Yep. Regardless of the decision ( sit or play) the hindsight people are in position to criticize once they see the result. For me, I bet on the quality of my prep and organizations ability to keep people focused and engaged to mitigate any rust because the extra rest at the end of a marathon season is invaluable.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess......but also may just be coincidence and nothing to do with bye should a team lose off a long layoff.
It’s a one game sample size and if I remember correctly that was Lamar’s first playoff game ever. Too many other variables here than to say it was a product of rust from the rest.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, whichever of you Browns fans says Flacco is going to be the comeback player of the year is forgetting about Baker mayfield.
He should be in running.

Loved Flacco's comment when asked about it...."come back from what? Sitting on my couch?" Wonder if Baker would say, "come back from sucking?"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Regardless of the decision ( sit or play) the hindsight people are in position to criticize once they see the result. For me, I bet on the quality of my prep and organizations ability to keep people focused and engaged to mitigate any rust because the extra rest at the end of a marathon season is invaluable.
For sure....and those ready to pounce for a perceived loss due to rest would be the loudest criers if someone played this week and got hurt.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure....and those ready to pounce for a perceived loss due to rest would be the loudest criers if someone played this week and got hurt.
I’m ready to concede the NFC East and the three seed (likely outcome anyway. Cowboys have tie breaker and they play Washington who is sitting people) to manufacture an unearned bye for the most important starters. The added layer with Philly is that they play at the Meadowlands and that’s the worst surface in the league. The game will be played in bad weather on top of that. I think they’re playing starters but I would go the other way especially with Giants stadium turf.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m ready to concede the NFC East and the three seed (likely outcome anyway. Cowboys have tie breaker and they play Washington who is sitting people) to manufacture an unearned bye for the most important starters. The added layer with Philly is that they play at the Meadowlands and that’s the worst surface in the league. The game will be played in bad weather on top of that. I think they’re playing starters but I would go the other way especially with Giants stadium turf.
Guessing they can take guys out as soon as clear Dallas has the W which might not take long?

are ya ready to concede the AFC is better than the NFC and AFCN far better than NFCW?

I kid...I kid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing they can take guys out as soon as clear Dallas has the W which might not take long?

are ya ready to concede the AFC is better than the NFC and AFCN far better than NFCW?

I kid...I kid.
Of course not haha

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was USC supposed to be this bad @trojanfan12 ? I'm not on top of CBB like that to know what the preseason outlook was on them

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the saints season been, I fully expect Carolina to beat Tampa while the saints lose to Atlanta

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the saints season been, I fully expect Carolina to beat Tampa while the saints lose to Atlanta
They’d miss on a chance to win a playoff game too. Eagles in a tailspin and NFC South winner has a great chance to win that game.