• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it's the other way around. Top 4-5 in CFB will remain close to in tact, I think. Definitely could see more surprises in NFL IMO.
I disagree. Of course the top 3-4 is usually up there for CFB but the rest of the top 25 will be jumbled every year. You might see a few surprises in the NFL year to year or rebuilding teams making noise but we most likely know who is making the playoffs most years. I mean how many surprises were there last year?

Chiefs
Colts
Steelers
Ravens
Titans
Browns
Rams
Seahawks
Saints
Bears
Bucs
WFT
Packers

All were projected to be playoff teams except Washington, even the Browns were borderline/middle of pack.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs deserve their favorite status- being at home and being the AFC favorites this year.

I do wonder about an all-new offensive line that is starting 3 rookies though. I am sure Garrett will get double teamed- but if Clowney can show up - the Browns line should be able to get some pressure.

And I am not sure there is a bigger upgrade anywhere in the NFL than Johnson over Sendajo at free safety. You go from literally- one of the worst at the position- to one of the best.
they wouldn't be starting if they sucked. but as you allude to we'll know soon enough...

#keepMahomescleanboys

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A heads up if you guys have a Draft Kings account. They are running a promotion. Bet up to $50 on a fugaze Bucs line of +74 and win $45. It’s like they’ve handed you free money. If anybody is enticed to want to sign up for a Draft Kings account and doesn’t have one, send me a personal message. I can hook you up with a referral code that would net me some betting credits in my account and it would give you a bump as well. On top of that, when you sign up for this site your first bet up to like $200 (I think) is a risk free bet. They also have some cool promotions for first time account holders that make stuff worth your while.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something tells me the Browns might have an opportunity with the Chiefs starting 3 rooks on the offensive line.

That just seems like a lot. I dont know. Maybe they are all good and mesh well.....but line seems like something where you want to incorporate maybe one rookie- or max 2 at one time

not to mention that even Thuney and Brown are new to the team.

A whole new line and 3 rooks might lend itself to some early growing pains.

Brown is a much better run blocker than pass blocker also

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Of course the top 3-4 is usually up there for CFB but the rest of the top 25 will be jumbled every year. You might see a few surprises in the NFL year to year or rebuilding teams making noise but we most likely know who is making the playoffs most years. I mean how many surprises were there last year?

Chiefs
Colts
Steelers
Ravens
Titans
Browns
Rams
Seahawks
Saints
Bears
Bucs
WFT
Packers

All were projected to be playoff teams except Washington, even the Browns were borderline/middle of pack.
I don't think Browns, Indy, TB, Bears or WFT were playoff locks. Pretty sure about half the playoff teams are new in the NFL nearly every year and that is with only 32 teams. CFB has the same teams in the playoffs (well, 4 of 5 or 6) nearly every year and that is among 130 teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they wouldn't be starting if they sucked. but as you allude to we'll know soon enough...

#keepMahomescleanboys
I mean, someone has to start. we started 2 guys who sucked in 2019. But, sure, they might be good. OL coach means a lot, too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#keepMahomescleanboys

One team in recent memory that started a player that sucked was the 2011 Broncos. 14 games played, 11 starts. 6 int's, league leading 14 fumbles & a completion % of 46.5. Somehow they had a successful season despite the awful QB play.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, someone has to start. we started 2 guys who sucked in 2019. But, sure, they might be good. OL coach means a lot, too.
what can i tell you? i have a lotta faith in Andy Reid. plus, these guys have been getting a lotta praise in the preseason. some seem to think they're jelling just fine...

of course, the proof is obviously in the pudding, as the saying goes...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something tells me the Browns might have an opportunity with the Chiefs starting 3 rooks on the offensive line.

That just seems like a lot. I dont know. Maybe they are all good and mesh well.....but line seems like something where you want to incorporate maybe one rookie- or max 2 at one time

not to mention that even Thuney and Brown are new to the team.

A whole new line and 3 rooks might lend itself to some early growing pains.

Brown is a much better run blocker than pass blocker also
lol, this ALMOST smells like a prediction...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think the Browns may be the better team on the line of scrimmage. When you can win in the trenches you always have a better than average chance.
Not sure about better than average being at their place but we definitely have a shot.