• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly with the way klay has been shooting. I probably pull the Harrison Barnes defense and leave him wide open
Why do people worry about the way Klay is shooting the ball? Klay is playing great defense and his shot will come around eventually.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly GS only had 2 players score in double figures, Durant and Curry.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Shaneman was here taking his lumps. It's just that one RiggyWuss.
Pfft, I just can't with Shane. That's all I'm gonna say.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all "JUICE IN 4", before game 1

Now I'm all "JUICE IN 5", after game 1

THIS IS THE LAND BABY WE WILL PROTECT IT

GO JUICE

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But....just in case I'm wrong

DESy9pF.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs defense was fine. Seriously. Their offense is what kept them from being competitive in game 1. (Or the Warriors defense, however you want to look at it).

It wasn't just the missed shots (Cav players not name LeBron went 8 - 28 on uncontested shots. Looking at you Korver). It was the live-ball turnovers. The Warriors feasted in transition, Durant getting open dunks, Curry hitting transition 3's.

No one on the Warriors had a good shooting game. Even with all of the easy transition points, they shot 43% from the field as a team.

Cavs half court defense is fine. Their transition defense was bad, but good transition defense against this Warriors team when you're giving up liveball turnovers is probably impossible.

Ball security & Crashing the defensive glass should be the top priorities for Game 2.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs defense was fine. Seriously. Their offense is what kept them from being competitive in game 1. (Or the Warriors defense, however you want to look at it).

It wasn't just the missed shots (Cav players not name LeBron went 8 - 28 on uncontested shots. Looking at you Korver). It was the live-ball turnovers. The Warriors feasted in transition, Durant getting open dunks, Curry hitting transition 3's.

No one on the Warriors had a good shooting game. Even with all of the easy transition points, they shot 43% from the field as a team.

Cavs half court defense is fine. Their transition defense was bad, but good transition defense against this Warriors team when you're giving up liveball turnovers is probably impossible.

Ball security & Crashing the defensive glass should be the top priorities for Game 2.

Here is the problem though Gordon. The Warriors didn't even play that well.

The Celtics had the ideal defensive game plan against the Cavs. Stay home on shooters and force the big 3 to do all the work. Problem is, the lacked the offensive firepower and the defensive horses to match up.

GS can leave Klay on Kyrie without a ton of help. Draymond can guard Love without any help and KD and Iggy are about as good as any non-Spur team is going to do against LeBron.

The Cavs stars have to go supernova against GS to win, and even if they do, GS still has the ability to outscore them. Maybe Lue forces some adjustments in game 2, but this will be a short series if Cleveland can't find a weakness in the Warrior defense in short order.