• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Lolol I love it:pound:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree with the last statement.

Isaiah Thomas (the original) was speaking about LeBron last night and he compared him to Mohammed Ali. Isaiah said Ali was the greatest because of his willingness to take on controversial issues and stand up for what he believed. He had a tremendous impact on people's lives as a result. Jordan, on the other hand, went out of his way to a avoid anything that would soil his corporate image.

LeBron is hated by many because he is real. Ali simply had more charisma. Jordan had the charisma, but his public persona was fake as hell. I do believe that public images and likeabikity for each player absolutely shape the GOAT debate.

MJ was far more likeable even though LeBron is a greater man off the court.

I disagree about likability, but that may be because of LeBron's hilarious self-deprecating performance in "Trainwreck". Check it out. John Cena is even funnier.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you have to do is playing great team defense. It can happen. But if GS moves the ball and comes out hungry, it could get ugly.

Well, considering that's all they do, and they seem pretty hungry after last year.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put some context into the whole "KD willing to take less than max to keep core intact"...

To me, this probably means he's willing to re-sign with the non-bird exception, which entitles him to 120% of his previous salary (around 32 million). This would make it so the Warriors don't need any cap space to sign him... they can use cap space on other things.

If he demanded a max... as a veteran he would get 35% of the cap (probably about 35 million). The Warriors would have to use their cap space for this and Iggy and Livingston would be left to either take minimum deals or go get paid elsewhere.

So if Durant signs a 1+1 at the non-bird exception... what it really means is that he gives up $3 mill and Iggy and Livingston can get paid this offseason.

I'd imagine the following year Durant will be looking for a long-term super-max deal, but who knows. Its hard to gauge off of this quote if he's talking about this off-season or long-term. Whether they win this year and/or next year may also play a part, of course.

And just about everyone on here is expecting that exactly scenario to play out.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is right around a top 10 player of all time- he is amazing- one of the best players ever.

but its clear LeBron has surpassed him.

if you were picking one guy to start a team with I do not understand how you possibly could take Kobe.

LeBron has never suffered a 1st round exit. MJ has gotten bounced in the first round 3 times.

when Jordan was 22- he was swept in the first round

when LeBron was 22 he took a very mediocre cast of teammates to the Finals.

and now- LeBron is the all time leading scorer in playoff history....pretty unreal- and hes only 32 years old.
And I'd be willing to bet that all 3 of them would trade in their individual accolades for titles - which means at the end of the day titles is what matters the most. LBJ just happens to have the least amount in comparison to either MJ or Kobe.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LAD, I just drove through San Francisco. It was ass.
Well I already said I would never want to live there again. It's nice to work there or go into the city for dinner and/or other entertainment.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible. Wiggy said that KD would take the max and the Warriors would be screwed.
And that other blind as a bat poster that said KD didn't look happy on the side lines this season. SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just about everyone on here is expecting that exactly scenario to play out.
Most of us already knew he didn't leave OKC to only play 1 season with GS just to leave again. But the doubters are out there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron knows Kyrie is built for a leading role in future

"First of all, I don't know how Kobe and Shaq managed their partnership. All I can know, from the outside looking in, [is] that it didn't work out," James told ESPN. "For me, I see Kyrie growing every single day and wanting to be great. And so me, I just try to give him the blueprint, as much as I can. You know, his experiences, he's going to learn on his own as well, and that's what he should do, but all I can do is give him the blueprint, and that's it. Because he's going to be around a lot longer than me.

"He basically was just waiting for an opportunity to be able to blossom, and I'm just happy and blessed that when I decided to come back that I was able to help him blossom, I guess, because he gets to play in games that he's always been built for," James said after Game 4 of the Boston series. "He was already built for it. His game was built for it, and I'm happy, like I said, to be able to, I guess, sit back with four fouls and see him do what he's always been built to do. He was born for these moments."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 hours.

Today is c r a w l i n g

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

February 28th

Thats the last time the Warriors lost when their 4 stars were in the starting lineup