• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that on NBA radio today.
Its what I expected to happen, and even moreso when @WiggyRuss said no chance.

Yeah, the thing I think some players are starting to realize is that when you make the kind of money these guys make, it's easier to leave money on the table to pursue larger goals.

I mean what can you buy with $250 million that you can't with $200 million? Especially when you have already made multiple millions and have additional millions more coming from endorsements.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least today the wait's over. put up or shut up time...

let's see if LeClown is enough to counter 4 all-star level players...

All you have to do is playing great team defense. It can happen. But if GS moves the ball and comes out hungry, it could get ugly.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the thing I think some players are starting to realize is that when you make the kind of money these guys make, it's easier to leave money on the table to pursue larger goals.

I mean what can you buy with $250 million that you can't with $200 million? Especially when you have already made multiple millions and have additional millions more coming from endorsements.

Bingo with endorsements, let alone apparel/shoes.
The economic benefits that come with winning FAR outweigh salary loss.
Thats why Wade is full of shit.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put some context into the whole "KD willing to take less than max to keep core intact"...

To me, this probably means he's willing to re-sign with the non-bird exception, which entitles him to 120% of his previous salary (around 32 million). This would make it so the Warriors don't need any cap space to sign him... they can use cap space on other things.

If he demanded a max... as a veteran he would get 35% of the cap (probably about 35 million). The Warriors would have to use their cap space for this and Iggy and Livingston would be left to either take minimum deals or go get paid elsewhere.

So if Durant signs a 1+1 at the non-bird exception... what it really means is that he gives up $3 mill and Iggy and Livingston can get paid this offseason.

I'd imagine the following year Durant will be looking for a long-term super-max deal, but who knows. Its hard to gauge off of this quote if he's talking about this off-season or long-term. Whether they win this year and/or next year may also play a part, of course.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you have to do is playing great team defense. It can happen. But if GS moves the ball and comes out hungry, it could get ugly.

I hear ya. defense STILL wins championships...

and btw, the Dubs also play better D, so it definitely could turn into bloodbath if the Cavs don't bring their 'A' game...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true that we have a game tonight?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true that we have a game tonight?
giphy.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. defense STILL wins championships...

and btw, the Dubs also play better D, so it definitely could turn into bloodbath if the Cavs don't bring their 'A' game...

See I don't know what to think. Cleveland's regular season D isn't what it has been in the playoffs. I'm still trying to figure out how the Bulls beat the Cavs all 4 games this year and my conclusion is that Lebron really didn't care much about the regular season. The Cavs go as he goes and during the regular season i didn't see the real Lebron on defense until a few games during the last 5 minutes.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I was kinda ready for the offseason to begin. These playoffs made me sick. I was doing just fine without basketball for a week.

Draft is only 3 weeks away

I can't wait for the offseason as well

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I don't know what to think. Cleveland's regular season D isn't what it has been in the playoffs. I'm still trying to figure out how the Bulls beat the Cavs all 4 games this year and my conclusion is that Lebron really didn't care much about the regular season. The Cavs go as he goes and during the regular season i didn't see the real Lebron on defense until a few games during the last 5 minutes.

i can see your point. plus how much stock you put into the Cavs eastern conference foes in the playoffs might factor in if you buy into their conference being weaker...

best gauge obviously'll be this first game. a lot will come out in the wash tonight...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can see your point. plus how much stock you put into the Cavs eastern conference foes in the playoffs might factor in if you buy into their conference being weaker...

best gauge obviously'll be this first game. a lot will come out in the wash tonight...

I think it's a wash. Western conference isn't all that either. The league is so top heavy and I'm not sure how they fix it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not so sure.

Whether the Cavs win by 30 or the Warriors win by 30 or its a close game, I'm not sure we'll know much more about the eventual outcome. Just look at the blowouts on both sides last year.

If there is a blowout tonight the overreaction will be astronomical.