• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, just about as long as it'll be before LeClown retires. ah, but the Dubs shouldn't be an obstacle, right...?

RIGHT...?

I was eluding to this team won't be beat from an outside team. But the internals that make up this team in terms of front office and coaching may actually be what ultimately pulls this thing apart.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Granted, I'm on the NBA boards for maybe a month a year or less, but from my perspective, he sure seems pretty benign given how much he camps out in these folks' heads.
lol, yea.

I went and watched the game with my fiance last night, was a great time, had a couple wine coolers and he had to carry me to the car, lmao.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good friend of mine who's a big Cavs fan lives in the Bay Area. I don't know how he manages that, surrounded by Warriors fans.

I know I had a business trip to Chicago shortly after the World Series and I felt like strangling every Cubs fan I saw and if they spoke about anything, the feelings intensified.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant only twice faced a team on the same level as the Lakers talent wise and he won 1. The other 4 they were clear favorites.

That is why Finals record is such a pointless stat. Does anybody really think that the Lakers' beating a terribly overmatched Sixer team where Kobe was clearly second fiddle should help his resume, while at the same time LeBron losing to an all time great Warrior squad while playing great hurts his? It is a silly argument to make.

It might be a silly argument, but do you think James would rather have 5 rings vs 3 rings and all the other awards that he's earned?
My guess is 5 rings.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went and watched the game with my fiance last night, was a great time, had a couple wine coolers and he had to carry me to the car, lmao.

That's a nice story. I didn't know that you're gay?

Reactions: TJL

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. You would have a vastly different perspective having lived there than I do. If I lived there, I'm sure I would no longer give a fuck about Riverwalk, but if I'm in SA a couple, two-tree nights a year, there are definitely worse places I travel to.

It's odd, SA is kind of like Miami in that respect. I tell friends all the time, go *visit* Miami. I would never live there again.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gay?

Yea bud, thought everyone knew this.

Here's me and Mychal at watching the game last night.

us-21.jpg

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good friend of mine who's a big Cavs fan lives in the Bay Area. I don't know how he manages that, surrounded by Warriors fans.

I know I had a business trip to Chicago shortly after the World Series and I felt like strangling every Cubs fan I saw and if they spoke about anything, the feelings intensified.

lmao try being a Chiefs fan and sitting at a Raiders game some time...:dhd:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an all star. He's not on a bad contract. Against every other team he's 20 and 10 walking. Unfortunately, the team they'll see in the Finals for the foreseeable future is the one team that he struggles against because of matchups.

I just don't care about Love's numbers. I look at the impact he has on the game. He can't defend the paint and can't defend the perimeter. When he faces good defensive teams, his offense goes in the toilet and all he's left with is double digit rebounds. Just give me Reggie Evans at the vet minimum and I'll roll with him.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd, SA is kind of like Miami in that respect. I tell friends all the time, go *visit* Miami. I would never live there again.

yeah, lotta friends i have say i gotta visit the place at least once...

course it's mostly talks about South Beach...