• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See. This isn't true.

Wade and LeBron were both legit superstar players when they joined forces. They were 2 of the top 3 players in the league (possibly top 2). Love and Bosh compare fairly well. I think Bosh is better, but it is a good comp. Kyrie is an all star and a good player, but nowhere near Wade's level in '09.

Call the Cavs a superteams if you want, but they are not as "super" as the Warriors or the Heat. They are more on the level of the KG/Pierce/Allen Celtics.
This is all semantics.

Just because the Cavs have lower level Stars, doesn't preclude them from being a Super Team.

That's like saying Stockton doesn't qualify to be HoFer because he didn't win a Ring like Magic.

Just because Magic had a BETTER career, doesn't make what John did average.

I can find you several articles, from folks who do this for a living, who refute your entire argument.

Definition Of A Super Team:

A Super Team is a team with three guys that prior to playing together in the NBA, were on other teams in the NBA as the best player on that team. They are Top 5 players in the game and they are also under 30 years old.

As history has shown, a Big Three or Big Four is deadly, but can be defeated. Super Teams are built to cripple the competition. Top 5 players in a league should NEVER be playing on the same team. When you discuss Super Teams, no one in that conference or the NBA factors into the title conversation because no one really has a chance of defeating them.

Irving was the Alpha male and the lone All-Star on a rebuilding Cleveland Cavs squad and he was already one of the best point guards in the Eastern Conference. Kevin Love was a 26-point and 14-rebound superstar on Minnesota and the narrative was that he was the best power forward in the NBA.

Kyrie and Love were No. 1 players on their own teams and Top 3 players at their respective positions. Combine them with the supreme player in the game in LeBron, who was barely 30 when he came home in 2015 and you have another Super Team. "

The Shadow League | Breaking Down The Definition Of An NBA Big Three

Knicks vs. Warriors: Examining what makes an NBA 'super-team'

Battle of the Super-Teams: Grading Cavs vs. Warriors at the NBA midseason point

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 , went to my first WNBA game of the Season and the Mercury beat the Wings by fucking 40...lol

Oh well, we got a free tshirt, bobble head and Carl's Jr. Burger.

So, for $11.00 a ticket, it was worth it to get out of the Arizona heat.

That's a great deal. Think I'm gonna try to make a Sparks game or 2 this summer. I'll definitely be going if my daughter makes it out from Florida for a visit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all semantics.

Just because the Cavs have lower level Stars, doesn't preclude them from being a Super Team.

That's like saying Stockton doesn't qualify to be HoFer because he didn't win a Ring like Magic.

I can find you several articles, from folks who do this for a living, who refute your entire argument.

A Super Team is a team with three guys that prior to playing together in the NBA, were on other teams in the NBA as the best player on that team. They are Top 5 players in the game and they are also under 30 years old.

As history has shown, a Big Three or Big Four is deadly, but can be defeated. Super Teams are built to cripple the competition. Top 5 players in a league should NEVER be playing on the same team. When you discuss Super Teams, no one in that conference or the NBA factors into the title conversation because no one really has a chance of defeating them.

Irving was the Alpha male and the lone All-Star on a rebuilding Cleveland Cavs squad and he was already one of the best point guards in the Eastern Conference. Kevin Love was a 26-point and 14-rebound superstar on Minnesota and the narrative was that he was the best power forward in the NBA.

Kyrie and Love were No. 1 players on their own teams and Top 3 players at their respective positions. Combine them with the supreme player in the game in LeBron, who was barely 30 when he came home in 2015 and you have another Super Team. "

giphy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard for me to have Wade the superstar level during the James years here.
Maybe years 1-2, but by 3-4 it was more all star IMO.

Yes.

2 years. Then he fell off pretty quick. It was kind of the opposite of what has happened in Cleveland actually.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danilo Gallinari just opted out of his Nuggets Contract. Add another one to the list.

DBG7EnZVYAAhjkP.jpg:large

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

@tlance let's all agree the Heat were a super team in years 1 & 2 of the big 3 BUT if you think they were a super team in years 3 & 4 then how are the Cavs now not a super team? Kyrie IMO is better than what Wade was in 2013 and 2014. Bosh and Love are basically the same type of player. Only difference being Bosh was a better defensive player especially in the P&R than Love.

So what is it? Were the Heat a super team for just 2 years or all 4 years. If in your opinion the Heat were a super team for those 2 years then I'll totally understand why from your point of view you don't consider the Cavs a super team.

Yes. I agree 100%.

The Heat were no longer a super team in year 3.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the facepalm was because of this:

I did not say current teams are better than the Bulls, although this year's Warriors have a chance.

But seriously, the Warriors and Cavs are both better than any other team from that era. So yes, I stand by my comment. The Cavs are clearly nowhere near the Bulls level regardless of how the Finals play out.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say current teams are better than the Bulls, although this year's Warriors have a chance.

But seriously, the Warriors and Cavs are both better than any other team from that era. So yes, I stand by my comment. The Cavs are clearly nowhere near the Bulls level regardless of how the Finals play out.

No team is except for the 80's Lakers & Celtic's.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all semantics.

Top 5 players are superstars. There have been very few teams in the history of the league that have combined 2 along with a 3rd all star. These are super teams. There have been many big 3s. Super teams are special.

Also, paragraphs 1 and 2 contradict each other. Being the best player on your team is by the same as being a top 5 players. First it talks about top 5 overall, then it says top 3 at their position. Which is it? Does not really matter, I guess, because neither Kyrie nor Love are top 3 at their position.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 players are superstars. There have been very few teams in the history of the league that have combined 2 along with a 3rd all star. These are super teams. There have been many big 3s. Super teams are special.

Also, paragraphs 1 and 2 contradict each other. Being the best player on your team is by the same as being a top 5 players. First it talks about top 5 overall, then it says top 3 at their position. Which is it? Does not really matter, I guess, because neither Kyrie nor Love are top 3 at their position.
I can agree with your entire last paragraph.

Then, or now, Kyrie never sniffed top 3.

Love was in the conversation before it was revealed that he is fools gold.

But, they are still a Super Team.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all semantics.

Kyrie was NOT a top 3 point guard in the league when LeBron returned to Cleveland. I can name 5 point guards that were better than Kyrie during that time.

But still, Cavs is a superteam. And you can call the Warriors mega-super team.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great deal. Think I'm gonna try to make a Sparks game or 2 this summer. I'll definitely be going if my daughter makes it out from Florida for a visit.
I already have tickets to the June 10th game against the Sparks.

$27.50 and I'm in the 2nd row, behind the Sparks bench, with All you can eat Hot dogs, nachos and drinks...lol

It's like the old days with the Clippers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie was NOT a top 3 point guard in the league when LeBron returned to Cleveland. I can name 5 point guards that were better than Kyrie during that time.

But still, Cavs is a superteam. And you can call the Warriors mega-super team.

Look at the post above the one I just quoted.

You're welcome.

:thumb:

But, agree with your entire post.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like making assumptions but if I had to take guess, I feel very strongly that this was JR or Shumpert

Why would they say unnamed? Not saying it isnt true but BR sucks. If is someone it is probably.........Shump. Idk why though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Thursday yet? Fuuuuuuuck

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they say unnamed? Not saying it isnt true but BR sucks. If is someone it is probably.........Shump. Idk why though

It didn't come from BR. It was the ESPN reporter who has covered strictly the cavs for the last 2 years. Pretty sure he's not lying

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like making assumptions but if I had to take guess, I feel very strongly that this was JR or Shumpert

Jefferson, Frye or Kyrie.

Those two you named aren't the brightest bulbs on the Xmas tree either.

So, I think it would have to be someone slightly more articulate and intelligent than Mcgee.

But, I did enjoy this JR story.

Nuggets organization were a bunch of bitches.

After finding his car full of popcorn, Martin took his jacket and shirt off, looking for a fight. He demanded that the team run the locker room tape back, so he could see who entered the room during the game to take his keys. He realized it was a ball boy, who was put up to it by J.R. Smith. According to Martin, the Nuggets had to beg him to not go to J.R. Smith’s house and fight. They even paid to repair his car. It took a lot of convincing.

– via USA Tod

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appearing on Tuesday's edition of ESPN's The Basketball Analogy Show (h/t DefPen.com), ESPN.com's Dave McMenamin told colleague Brian Windhorst that one Cavs player doesn't believe McGee is mentally equipped to compete in the Finals.

"I had a Cavs player disagree with your opinion of McGee, Brian. He postulated to me that he doesn't even think McGee's gonna be able to get on the court or certainly not stay on the court because he doesn't think he's quote, unquote 'smart enough' to be able to play in this series."