• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Thursday yet? Fuuuuuuuck
The whole Goddamn Season has been like..!

time_moving_fast_500_clr_10108.gif

It's not like we didn't know this is where it would end..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appearing on Tuesday's edition of ESPN's The Basketball Analogy Show (h/t DefPen.com), ESPN.com's Dave McMenamin told colleague Brian Windhorst that one Cavs player doesn't believe McGee is mentally equipped to compete in the Finals.

"I had a Cavs player disagree with your opinion of McGee, Brian. He postulated to me that he doesn't even think McGee's gonna be able to get on the court or certainly not stay on the court because he doesn't think he's quote, unquote 'smart enough' to be able to play in this series."

Cavs done fucked up now. Javale's gonna bring hell to the Cavs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all semantics.

Just because the Cavs have lower level Stars, doesn't preclude them from being a Super Team.

That's like saying Stockton doesn't qualify to be HoFer because he didn't win a Ring like Magic.

Just because Magic had a BETTER career, doesn't make what John did average.

I can find you several articles, from folks who do this for a living, who refute your entire argument.

Definition Of A Super Team:

A Super Team is a team with three guys that prior to playing together in the NBA, were on other teams in the NBA as the best player on that team. They are Top 5 players in the game and they are also under 30 years old.

As history has shown, a Big Three or Big Four is deadly, but can be defeated. Super Teams are built to cripple the competition. Top 5 players in a league should NEVER be playing on the same team. When you discuss Super Teams, no one in that conference or the NBA factors into the title conversation because no one really has a chance of defeating them.

Irving was the Alpha male and the lone All-Star on a rebuilding Cleveland Cavs squad and he was already one of the best point guards in the Eastern Conference. Kevin Love was a 26-point and 14-rebound superstar on Minnesota and the narrative was that he was the best power forward in the NBA.

Kyrie and Love were No. 1 players on their own teams and Top 3 players at their respective positions. Combine them with the supreme player in the game in LeBron, who was barely 30 when he came home in 2015 and you have another Super Team. "

The Shadow League | Breaking Down The Definition Of An NBA Big Three

Knicks vs. Warriors: Examining what makes an NBA 'super-team'

Battle of the Super-Teams: Grading Cavs vs. Warriors at the NBA midseason point

Boom.

I'd willingly have your baby.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like making assumptions but if I had to take guess, I feel very strongly that this was JR or Shumpert

The irony that one of those two imbecile's would make that comment (I too think it was one of them).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appearing on Tuesday's edition of ESPN's The Basketball Analogy Show (h/t DefPen.com), ESPN.com's Dave McMenamin told colleague Brian Windhorst that one Cavs player doesn't believe McGee is mentally equipped to compete in the Finals.

"I had a Cavs player disagree with your opinion of McGee, Brian. He postulated to me that he doesn't even think McGee's gonna be able to get on the court or certainly not stay on the court because he doesn't think he's quote, unquote 'smart enough' to be able to play in this series."

Feel like a lot of the shit talking is coming from the Cavs' end this go around. Given what happened last year, not sure this is the wisest of moves.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"He already does"---Dan 'gopher boy' Gilbert.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is disagreeing it isnt title or bust? They are still defending champs, of course they need to win a title. But the same people that said Kyrie and Love werent top players are now saying they are a superteam. The Warriors have 93% chance of winning this series. The Cavs are still facing great odds regardless if they dont win it will be a failure. You have to take that into consideration. It's just the way it is. Either way, KD is gonna chioke so you wont have to worry you can just :Cry: yourself to sleep CL lol

naw, i'll laugh myself there instead after the Cavs come up short...:finger:

as usual though, thanks for the offer...:heh:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel like a lot of the shit talking is coming from the Cavs' end this go around. Given what happened last year, not sure this is the wisest of moves.

revenge for a title that slipped through their fingers last season was already on their minds. i'm fairly certain that won't help...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was the last time i was up there too except for south San Fran...

I'm staying in Pacifica for the night. It's decent. I'll probably be driving all the way until Phoenix tomorrow. The lady and I were going to check out Big Sur considering we took the 101 and the 1 all the way from Seattle and she wanted to check out the coast. But it appears it took a massive landslide.

Being here in Cali makes me realize I don't ever want to live here again. Just not my thing.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have tickets to the June 10th game against the Sparks.

$27.50 and I'm in the 2nd row, behind the Sparks bench, with All you can eat Hot dogs, nachos and drinks...lol

It's like the old days with the Clippers.

Except the Sparks are better at basketball than those Clippers teams LOL

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is disagreeing it isnt title or bust? They are still defending champs, of course they need to win a title. But the same people that said Kyrie and Love werent top players are now saying they are a superteam. The Warriors have 93% chance of winning this series. The Cavs are still facing great odds regardless if they dont win it will be a failure. You have to take that into consideration. It's just the way it is. Either way, KD is gonna chioke so you wont have to worry you can just :Cry: yourself to sleep CL lol

Wait, what? Dude, please. Warriors have a 70-75% chance, max. Still big favorites but not no 93%, where do you get that figure?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
revenge for a title that slipped through their fingers last season was already on their minds. i'm fairly certain that won't help...

Again with this. There is no such thing as bulletin board material, not in the playoffs and especially not in the Finals. Both teams will go balls out, obviously.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The irony in this comment is that McGee's intelligence is the reason why he has been largely ineffective in the past.

But, that is the brilliance of what the warriors have done. They have greatly simplified his role. He is asked to do 3 things:

Block shots
Rebound
Catch lobs

In other words, the Warriors have allowed McGee to make reactionary plays where he does not have to think a lot. It works because of the collective basketball IQs of the players around him. I am fairly certain McGee will continue to play well as long as he is on the Warriors, but his next team better not overpay. Most teams can't replicate this system or this role.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson, Frye or Kyrie.

Those two you named aren't the brightest bulbs on the Xmas tree either.

So, I think it would have to be someone slightly more articulate and intelligent than Mcgee.

But, I did enjoy this JR story.

Nuggets organization were a bunch of bitches.

After finding his car full of popcorn, Martin took his jacket and shirt off, looking for a fight. He demanded that the team run the locker room tape back, so he could see who entered the room during the game to take his keys. He realized it was a ball boy, who was put up to it by J.R. Smith. According to Martin, the Nuggets had to beg him to not go to J.R. Smith’s house and fight. They even paid to repair his car. It took a lot of convincing.

– via USA Tod

I would not be surprised if it was JR.

The irony there is that the Cavs have limited his role in a similar fashion. He is asked to catch and shoot, and to guard one of the other team's best wing players where he can usually lock in on 1 guy without much help responsibility. JR is not asked to make a lot of decisions on the court. It would be kind of hilarious if this quote came from him.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again with this. There is no such thing as bulletin board material, not in the playoffs and especially not in the Finals. Both teams will go balls out, obviously.

agree both team's will leave it all on the court, but not sure i agree with "no bulletin board material"...

to think both teams aren't hearing the shots the opposite team is firing is imo a tad naive...