• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys and gals also should realize that when we talk about "pressure" we are really talking about our own feelings as fans. The players don't care the way we do, by definition they are the players doing a job, we are the fans.

We might feel stress as Ws fans going to a game 6 but it isn't anything like what the players will feel. For one thing they can do something about it we are helpless observers

I feel more stress in tight games than probably the players do. I mean when you are actually playing out there, you just play sometimes you dont have time to really think. Us fans have the most-nerving-racking job lol

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think either one is worth anyones time. George isnt coming to Cleveland. LEBron isnt going to LA.

Lebron is going anywhere he can team up with other top talent to chase a ring. Period.

He didn't come back to Cleveland because he wanted to try and win a championship with his hometown team. If that were the case, he never would have left. He came back because with Kyrie Irvin and back to back #1 picks they could use to trade for another elite talent (in this case, Kevin Love) -- he had a better chance to win a title.

I promise you -- if Kyrie Irvin didn't end up on Cleveland and then back to back #1 picks -- Lebron NEVER would have come back to Cleveland.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is going anywhere he can team up with other top talent to chase a ring. Period.

He didn't come back to Cleveland because he wanted to try and win a championship with his hometown team. If that were the case, he never would have left. He came back because with Kyrie Irvin and back to back #1 picks they could use to trade for another elite talent (in this case, Kevin Love) -- he had a better chance to win a title.

I promise you -- if Kyrie Irvin didn't end up on Cleveland and then back to back #1 picks -- Lebron NEVER would have come back to Cleveland.

Your last statement is true.

LeBron would not have returned if Cleveland didn't have the assets + talent to contend.

However, the second paragraph is false. There were other situations that were more title ready. LeBron chose Cleveland because he knew e could elevate them AND it gave him the chance to fulfill his promise and restore his image. If Irving and Wiggins were in say, Detroit, LeBron would not have signed there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, okay...

I don't think the Warriors were overly concerned either.

It was widely blew that they only lost game 5 because Green didn't play.

They probably thought the Cavs would lay down.

You think from reading some of these posts that it is a disadvantage being up 3-0 in a series. Crazy.

One thing the Warriors know for sure is that the Cavs are never laying down. This thing ain't over until the casket drops. Game 4 was a reality check for Golden State.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last statement is true.

LeBron would not have returned if Cleveland didn't have the assets + talent to contend.

However, the second paragraph is false. There were other situations that were more title ready. LeBron chose Cleveland because he knew e could elevate them AND it gave him the chance to fulfill his promise and restore his image. If Irving and Wiggins were in say, Detroit, LeBron would not have signed there.

I agree with the Detroit part. I still wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him opt out his contract the first chance he has to explore better options at going after more rings.

If GSW closes out the series tonight which, personally, I fully expect to happen. Cleveland is going to have to make upgrades to try and match what GSW brings. If Cleveland can't -- I think he will go on to the next 'super team' that can be pieced together.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the Detroit part. I still wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him opt out his contract the first chance he has to explore better options at going after more rings.

If GSW closes out the series tonight which, personally, I fully expect to happen. Cleveland is going to have to make upgrades to try and match what GSW brings. If Cleveland can't -- I think he will go on to the next 'super team' that can be pieced together.

Time will tell.

If after next year LeBron thinks he can win another ring in Cleveland, he will stay. If he doesn't, then I agree with you he may leave. For him to leave though, there would have to be a clearly superior situation, like what KD has last year. I am thinking that is unlikely. At least next year it is.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt go that far.

At least if the Cavs win tonight we will find out whether Durant is more than a front-running bitch.
If the Cavs win tonight they will win game 6 at home, no question. It comes down to game 7 and if the Warriors choke again. I guarantee it will be on their minds.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs win tonight they will win game 6 at home, no question. It comes down to game 7 and if the Warriors choke again. I guarantee it will be on their minds.

Again, stop with the doom and gloom. Nobody wants to hear it. Your "team" is one of if not the greatest ever assembled. Try enjoying it for a change.

You want doom and gloom? Pick a new team. Root for the Nets. Then nobody would blame you for being constantly pessimistic.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel more stress in tight games than probably the players do. I mean when you are actually playing out there, you just play sometimes you dont have time to really think. Us fans have the most-nerving-racking job lol
i dunno man. i thnk they get nervous. I have seen LeBron fall apart at least twice--- once vs. the Celtics and once vs. the Mavericks.

Durant has made a career of falling apart.

Certain guys probably always embrace it like Draymond, Kyrie--- those guys have seemed immune to the fear from the very start of their playoff careers----

expectations have a lot to do with it--- the pressure got to LeBron once upon a time---- it got to Durant -

Kobe ahd the luxury of winning young and not having to worry about it. Shit- Jordan didnt win his first title till he was what? 28?

when you get a combination of all the hype- and expectations- you can see some guys start to tighten up. Shit---- i think Curry DEFINITELY tightened up last year.

Jr Smith 2 Finals ago was pissing himself.

i definitely think guys choke at times because of the pressure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a bad feeling this is the last game of the NBA season tonight. Glad at least the Indians are good. No way i will be able to watch sportscenter/read the paper/read my differnet sites/listen to sports onthe radio on the way to class/work for prob about 2 weeks......then itll be the middle of baseball season with an amazingly talented Indians team.

Maybe even the Buckeyes will make another run at it this year....

Browns? HAHAHAHAHAAH....though- itll be fun to watch Miles Garret at least...

but as for the Cavs tonight--- i think this is where this season ends--- it will definitely be dissapointing but its been a helluva year. I dont want to be defeatist but Golden State knows the peril they would be in if they lose this game.

IN Vegas on the way home from work they already have tentative game 6 and game 7 lines--- Cavs would be small favorites in a game 6 - 2 points- and GSW would be 4 pt favorites in a game 7. Lets hope somehow it happens!!!!

lets see if fucking Korver can step up and do something.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno man. i thnk they get nervous. I have seen LeBron fall apart at least twice--- once vs. the Celtics and once vs. the Mavericks.

Durant has made a career of falling apart.

Certain guys probably always embrace it like Draymond, Kyrie--- those guys have seemed immune to the fear from the very start of their playoff careers----

expectations have a lot to do with it--- the pressure got to LeBron once upon a time---- it got to Durant -

Kobe ahd the luxury of winning young and not having to worry about it. Shit- Jordan didnt win his first title till he was what? 28?

when you get a combination of all the hype- and expectations- you can see some guys start to tighten up. Shit---- i think Curry DEFINITELY tightened up last year.

Jr Smith 2 Finals ago was pissing himself.

i definitely think guys choke at times because of the pressure.

No doubt there is pressure and stress but being an athlete and actually playing can be nerve-racking no doubt but you have no control as a fan, you are just there frustrated lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this guy doesnt really have much credibility either LMAO He fixed games. I mean you can only do so much, one or two calls should not determine a game if you play your best. Bottomline

yah- and woudlnt they have done it in Game 4 then?

I mean- pachulia punched shumpert in the balls and nothing happened. lol....i couldnt believe that....Love barely touched Durant and gets a flagrant---- LeBron James gets hit like that AT LEAST 5 times a game- probably more.

Fucking Draymond comes down and karate chops Tristan - and no call.....the Warriors shot MORE free throws.

IF the refs wanted the CAvs to win that game they had a funny way of showing it.