• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a 1st round exit that year when D wade was a one man wrecking crew playing by himself. Hypothetically, I don't know where Lebron is, and I don't know if the Celtics get hurt in 2011, or whatever...but I think the Bosh that was 20 and 10, becomes that without having to be the 3rd wheel, and that Heat team is still very formidable

I agree. They'd be a formidable contender in the East, depending on where LeBron is. I wouldn't label them as EC champs though.

Assuming LeBron isn't in the East, I'd have them ranked 3rd or 4th in the East, behind Chicago and Boston and right on par with the Magic.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah-- TONS of pressure being up 2-0 when you have a 14-0 record in the playoffs..... I mean- how could he handle it?

i mean- thats practically the same thing as gagging a 3-1 lead last year and having his balls shrink.

This makes absolutely no sense.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOOOOOO DUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what makes this funny is that if the Cavs actually manage to win tonight the Cavs fans assume the Dubs are just gonna turn into warm butter and shrink away from the challenge...

I find that hilarious...:lol:

Reactions: LAD

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what makes this funny is that if the Cavs actually manage to win tonight the Cavs fans assume the Dubs are just gonna turn into warm butter and shrink away from the challenge...

Cavs arent winning tonight

But yes on the second part of your statement...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me, no way.

I put the odds of Cavs wins somewhere around this.

Game 5: 25%
Game 6: 50%
Game 7: 50% (would be much lower if they got there differently, but I'm factoring in the pressure of potentially blowing the 3-0 lead).

Statistically... that only puts the odds of the Cavs winning all 3 games at 6.25%. Not great.

But, hey... you never know.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me, no way.

I put the odds of Cavs wins somewhere around this.

Game 5: 25%
Game 6: 50%
Game 7: 50% (would be much lower if they got there differently, but I'm factoring in the pressure of potentially blowing the 3-0 lead).

Statistically... that only puts the odds of the Cavs winning all 3 games at 6.25%. Not great.

But, hey... you never know.

least you're being real with it...

and as a fan why would you ever stop hoping...?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question...if GS rolls tonight, does the narrative turn back into "well the Warriors just had too much"? Because understandably, there's alotta "remember 3-1" talk going around on tv right now

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) probably not...

2) I doubt that VERY seriously...

what do they have to be scared of...?

Well, for one, we saw it happen last season

2 - Sports is very mental, the pressure starts to build, all the talk would be about them choking for 3 days, you have 2 superstars in Durant and Curry who have melted down in the big game before

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for one, we saw it happen last season

2 - Sports is very mental, the pressure starts to build, all the talk would be about them choking for 3 days, you have 2 superstars in Durant and Curry who have melted down in the big game before

k, that was LAST season...

guess you can keep HOPING lightning strikes twice...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question...if GS rolls tonight, does the narrative turn back into "well the Warriors just had too much"? Because understandably, there's alotta "remember 3-1" talk going around on tv right now

Golden State is too much

I still believe Friday was a gravy game for them, and they came out of the gates with that going through the motions feeling

Losing Friday means nothing IMO

Losing tonight changes the entire narrative of this series IMO

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, it depends on how the game flows tonight.

I think Golden State is still supremely confident. It took an epic performance from the Cavaliers on their home floor to win one game. If the Cavs win tonight because they go unconscious again, I don't think the Warriors will be rattled at all. They can't stay that hot 4 games in a row. Golden State just needs to keep playing their game and they will be champs eventually. But, yes, pressure will mount with each game they fail to close Cleveland out.

Yeah, what I saw in game 4 was more about the Cavs just going completely nuts and making history on offense. It's not as if the Warriors played poorly. They still scored 116 points. Scoring that many points, they are going to win 95% of the time.

It was like the Cavs could have shot with their eyes closed and back to the basket from midcourt and it would have gone in. lol

If it were a situation where the Cavs defense had just shut the Warriors down, then the Warriors might have lost some confidence. But game 4 is one they can literally chalk up to "one of those games."

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k, that was LAST season...

guess you can keep HOPING lightning strikes twice...

No hope for tonight

But the Cavs win?

we can all make some really good money on the Cavs winning the series

The odds would still be very favorable in Vegas