• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this has me thinking about the oft-repeated commentary that the regular season is meaningless. Golden State won 67 games and got homecourt advantage throughout the postseason. Cleveland treated the regular season as meaningless and didn't even win their conference. Now, let's say Cleveland played hard for all 82 and was able to muster 68 wins and get homecourt. Now, let's say the exact same thing happened that happened so far this Finals. Cleveland enters Game 5 down 3-1 but instead of 2 road games remaining, they've got two home games remaining. How much does that change the tone of this series? We're probably going at least 6 games, right?

Should Cleveland take the regular season more seriously?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh reminds me of what happened with Serge Ibaka......All i remember Bosh doing at Miami was hanging around the 3 point line
Then you didn't pay much attention. Stat wise Bosh & LBJ were the better duo on the court together. SMH

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this has me thinking about the oft-repeated commentary that the regular season is meaningless. Golden State won 67 games and got homecourt advantage throughout the postseason. Cleveland treated the regular season as meaningless and didn't even win their conference. Now, let's say Cleveland played hard for all 82 and was able to muster 68 wins and get homecourt. Now, let's say the exact same thing happened that happened so far this Finals. Cleveland enters Game 5 down 3-1 but instead of 2 road games remaining, they've got two home games remaining. How much does that change the tone of this series? We're probably going at least 6 games, right?

Should Cleveland take the regular season more seriously?

Depends on how much you view the importance of homecourt in THIS particular series.......In my opinion, the result of this series is completely dependent on the discrepancy in talent.....Game 3, you saw Cleveland lay it all on the court and still lose...Game 4 IMO was your typical team being up 3-0 and for the most part going through the motions....I hear ya, but my opinion is that GS was just flat out the better team by a wide margin this season

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg Draymond is an idiot. He was saying Cleveland fans arent sharp bc they thought he had a 2nd T and played, "Hit the Road Jack". He went on some rant about when he says something he means it and he is smarter than he looks.

To be fair, Cavs fans aren't that sharp. :bolt:

Also, to be fair, it would be really hard for Draymond to NOT be smarter than he looks.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg Draymond is an idiot. He was saying Cleveland fans arent sharp bc they thought he had a 2nd T and played, "Hit the Road Jack". He went on some rant about when he says something he means it and he is smarter than he looks.

Well guess what Draymond I guess your head coach "isn't so sharp" bc he thought he thought you had one T from earlier too LMAO

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbss...plains-why-he-said-cavs-fans-arent-sharp/amp/

He didn't say Cavs fans aren't smart... he said people in Cleveland aren't smart, which is worse imo. Pretty stupid thing to say .

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how much you view the importance of homecourt in THIS particular series.......In my opinion, the result of this series is completely dependent on the discrepancy in talent.....Game 3, you saw Cleveland lay it all on the court and still lose...Game 4 IMO was your typical team being up 3-0 and for the most part going through the motions....I hear ya, but my opinion is that GS was just flat out the better team by a wide margin this season

I agree -- but Cleveland has definitely played better at home. No question, right? I'd give them a pretty good chance to take Game 5 if it were in Cleveland. They'd probably still lose the series -- but I think their chances would be dramatically increased. As it is, they have a very, very difficult task ahead of them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree -- but Cleveland has definitely played better at home. No question, right? I'd give them a pretty good chance to take Game 5 if it were in Cleveland. They'd probably still lose the series -- but I think their chances would be dramatically increased. As it is, they have a very, very difficult task ahead of them.

I can agree with that, I think the Celtics snuck on them this season those last few weeks......If Cleveland was being honest, theyd prob tell you they thought they would never surrender that # 1 seed even with the rest, and the Celtics caught them off guard IMO

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. he's mad because Durant's gonna shut his mouth about the Cavs' so-called greatness...

let's not get it twisted...

GS having to assemble the Western Conference All Stars to win a title, doesnt exactly speak against Lebrons greatness, it actually speaks to it

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs somehow pull off the miracle comeback... tonight's game will be the hardest game of all, imo.

Game 4 was at home and the Warriors were feeling like the ship was in the bag
Game 6 would be at home with the Warriors starting to feel the pressure of needing to close it out
Game 7 would be enormous pressure on the Warriors and LeBron has won 4 straight Game 7s.

Tonight's game is on the road against a team that shouldn't feel much pressure and yet will be incredibly motivated to finish the job.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs somehow pull off the miracle comeback... tonight's game will be the hardest game of all, imo.

Game 6 would be at home with the Warriors starting to feel the pressure of needing to close it out
Game 7 would be enormous pressure on the Warriors and LeBron has won 4 straight Game 7s.

Tonight's game is on the road against a team that shouldn't feel much pressure and yet will be incredibly motivated to finish the job.

If the Cavs win tonight, the series is over.......Golden State players may actually have diarrhea running down their legs, a la Bobby Hurley, in Games 6 and 7

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue was communication with the official score keeper. I know score keeper recorded the T on Dray. What we will never know is whether or not the ref reported it that way. The game was in Cleveland, it is possible the scorekeeper mis-recorded out of wishful thinking. Scorekeepers make mistakes too, it is just much less likely to go unnoticed for that long in an NBA game.

The most plausible explanation that I heard came from Mark Jackson. He said that the ref was calling a common foul and a technical foul. He said that with as loud as it was, it's entirely possible that the scorekeeper couldn't hear everything that was said and thought the ref said that both the common foul and the tech were on Dray when it was actually a common foul on Dray and a tech on Kerr.

If that wasn't the case and they decided they had incorrectly called that 2nd T on Dray and wanted to rescind it, then I agree with JVG who said that they should just say "We overreacted on that call, no T."

Heck, even if Jackson's explanation was correct, I think the refs would have made themselves and the league look better by just going with what JVG said.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way dude. They were a 1st round exit the year before.

The 2011 Bulls, Magic, Celtics, and wherever LeBron is in this hypothetical situation are all laughing at that.
There were a 1st round exit that year when D wade was a one man wrecking crew playing by himself. Hypothetically, I don't know where Lebron is, and I don't know if the Celtics get hurt in 2011, or whatever...but I think the Bosh that was 20 and 10, becomes that without having to be the 3rd wheel, and that Heat team is still very formidable

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GOOOOOO DUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!