• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Cavs can keep up that effort for 3 more games. But it was still very impressive, imo.
I dont think the Cavs can keep it up either for 3 more games--- no one should- there is a reason why no team in NBA history has ever done it--- especially against the team with the best record in NBA history over a 3 season span.

Cavs prob. lose Monday night---- but if they somehow dont---- they dont have to play like they did last night in a game 6 since Durants balls will start shrinking and the Cavs will have the momentum.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people want to talk about bad calls and poor officiating, I'm down with that. Lets talk about it.

But as soon as people start talking about the refs having an agenda and trying to extend series, I'm done talking to you. Take your tin foil hat somewhere else. The amount of Warriors fans whining about the refs trying to extend the series when the majority of the egregious calls last night favored the Warriors just blows my mind.

Not talking about anyone here (for the most part), its the chatter on the bigger forums. People are dumb.

I agree with you for the most part. I think the big calls, flagrants techs, etc. tended to favor the Warriors, but a lot of the smaller calls in the flow of play favored the Cavs. But, as a road team, you always expect the home team to get a few extra calls to go their way. From what I saw, it wasn't anything more than that and it certainly did not affect the outcome of the game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Cavs can keep it up either for 3 more games--- no one should- there is a reason why no team in NBA history has ever done it--- especially against the team with the best record in NBA history over a 3 season span.

Cavs prob. lose Monday night---- but if they somehow dont---- they dont have to play like they did last night in a game 6 since Durants balls will start shrinking and the Cavs will have the momentum.

Your Durant nonsense needs to be put to rest.
He's going to win series MVP.
Did you miss the last minute of gane 3?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people want to talk about bad calls and poor officiating, I'm down with that. Lets talk about it.

But as soon as people start talking about the refs having an agenda and trying to extend series, I'm done talking to you. Take your tin foil hat somewhere else. The amount of Warriors fans whining about the refs trying to extend the series when the majority of the egregious calls last night favored the Warriors just blows my mind.

Not talking about anyone here (for the most part), its the chatter on the bigger forums. People are dumb.

The officiating should be the last thing being talked about.

I've never seen that amount of laziness on defense from both teams in a Finals game. They should feel embarrassed and it was embarrassing to watch. Not even good enough to invite your buddy over and pop a couple beers and poke fun at it. It's really sad lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I agree. But HO-LEE-SHIT was that ever an impressive display last night.

I'm not sure about KD's balls shrinking. Even if they did, it may not matter. He has a lot more help this time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the refs. I usually defend or stay neutral on the refs. I don't think refs cost teams games.

Having said that...last night was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen at any level from rec leagues on up. It was equally bad both ways, so it didn't cost either team the game.

What it did do though, was render the game nearly unwatchable and made the conversation as much about the officiating as about the amazing performance the Cavs put on.

I don't know if the league has full time refs or not. If they don't, they need to go that route. If they do, they need to do some serious retraining and probably bring in a whole new batch of refs as well.

I understand that NBA basketball is arguably the most difficult sport to officiate, but to have officiating that was that bad in the leagues championship series is inexcusable, imo.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors were straight up shit last night. Thought all they had to do was show up in order to win. Maybe getting embarrassed like that will motivate them to win on Monday.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Cavs did what I expected them to do in that they came out and played desperate basketball, jumped all over the Warriors and built themselves a big lead. They are the champs, didn't want to get closed out on their home floor and played like it.

What I didn't expect was for them to be able to keep it up for the entire game. As I posted earlier, every time I thought, "okay, this is the run where the Warriors catch them." The Cavs would answer and build the lead back up.

It wasn't just Lebron and Kyrie doing it either. There were plenty of big shots hit by JR, Love and even Deron Williams that would stop the Warriors runs.

I don't think the Cavs can keep up that effort for 3 more games. But it was still very impressive, imo.

Exactly, this series was never gonna be a sweep, so the Ws had to lose somehow. Cavs having a crazy hot game + the Ws playing complacent was the most likely way.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how many titles Kyrie would have if he had a solid supporting cast?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18953183_1802054603156389_8419211849582287021_o.jpg

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure that? Lol They know what it feels like to win a championship, it really just shows how passionate the fans are and they will support them no matter what.
Disagree BIG time. They look like a joke. Again just my opinion. It looks really silly.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have had one game out of four that was a close game and fun to watch. The remaining three we blown out by one of them.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the refs. I usually defend or stay neutral on the refs. I don't think refs cost teams games.

Having said that...last night was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen at any level from rec leagues on up. It was equally bad both ways, so it didn't cost either team the game.

What it did do though, was render the game nearly unwatchable and made the conversation as much about the officiating as about the amazing performance the Cavs put on.

I don't know if the league has full time refs or not. If they don't, they need to go that route. If they do, they need to do some serious retraining and probably bring in a whole new batch of refs as well.

I understand that NBA basketball is arguably the most difficult sport to officiate, but to have officiating that was that bad in the leagues championship series is inexcusable, imo.
To be fair to the refs though(not that I want to be fair about it) Every one knew or should have known they were going to hammer the Warriors with fouls as a gift to the Cavaliers. That was so transparent - they should be fired