• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game last night kind of. I didnt catch it until after the yankee game. Those refs should all be suspended. That was the worst i ever saw. They were bad for both teams and it made the game hard to watch.

Cavs get their 1 hot game and this thing wil be over monday. Irving keeps showing he is the man in cleveland and LBJ plays a perfect #2 with his passing. This is not a bash on james. Im saying that role. LBJ is the better player but Irving is the better scorer.

Funny part cavs get 1 win and they acting like they won the championship. Lol it was actually sad to see . I would like them to get 1 more win so i can get GS in 6.

How do you figure that? Lol They know what it feels like to win a championship, it really just shows how passionate the fans are and they will support them no matter what.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's LeBron's streak for consecutive series with a road win?

Lets keep that going.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets keep that going.
Am I missing something here? Did LeBron and the Cavs win game 1 and 2 on the road?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something here? Did LeBron and the Cavs win game 1 and 2 on the road?

His record is 29 consecutive playoff series where he won at least 1 game on the road.

They haven't won a road game in these Finals yet.

So on Monday the streak either lives on or dies.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His record is 29 consecutive playoff series where he won at least 1 game on the road.

They haven't won a road game in these Finals yet.

So on Monday the streak either lives on or dies.
Okay sorry, I read your comment wrong. My fault.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs came out crappy on defense and got lit up from beyond the arc. funny thing is though that the Dubs still had a shot imo 'til late in the game...

i think they're good...

Yeah, they kept going on mini runs and getting the lead down to 11-12 points. I was thinking if they can get it under 10, they'll win the game.

But gotta give the Cavs credit, every time GSW would cut into the lead, they would answer and build it back up.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i seriously doubt that we see a replication of tonight's game, or anything close to tonight, in game 5. Home crowd will be absolutely electric, Warriors will get their shit together on D, and Kyrie will cool off significantly, cavs won't be able to come close to hitting as many three's as they did tonight. Golden State wins by 16, trophy is theirs.

Yeah, the problem the Cavs have is that, just to get 1 win, they had to come up with an historic performance and the Warriors still scored 116 points.

Just don't see them being able to do that 3 more times.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-point shooting is unreliable. There is not much reason to believe it will travel.
There was one major change that can travel to GS.

They refused to let go of Steph Curry .

No matter how many screens and who else was left open, they refused to allow Curry to breathe. Iman Shumpert was punching clawing and grabbing his way to shadow Curry. He ignored the entire rest of the game....just harass Curry even if he was nowhere in the play.

It was almost like no other player was on the Warrior roster.
They played 5 on 1 all out defense versus Curry to make sure he never had open looks.

Steph is such a great passer, and they will have to live with those passes.
The Warriors shot 10 for 13 off Curry's passes, but without his shooting that was not enough.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets keep that going.
I always thought- realistically- that the most likely out come was Warriors in 5.

however---- they better finish it off in 5 or they will be sorry. Cavs arent losing a game 6.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the problem the Cavs have is that, just to get 1 win, they had to come up with an historic performance and the Warriors still scored 116 points.

Just don't see them being able to do that 3 more times.

Disagree.

They had a historic performance and won wire-to-wire, holding a double digit lead throughout the 2nd half.

Game 3 they shot 11-44 from 3, GSW shot 49% from 3... and they had a great shot to win.

That said, they'll obviously need a GREAT game to beat this Warriors team on the road. I just don't think they necessarily need a historic game where they hit 24 3s and put up 86 in the 1st half.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have no problem with that whole scenario.

A) Bottom line, Dray didn't deserve to be ejected.

B) I actually thought the first tech was on Kerr when it happened. I think it was a legit mixup between the refs and the scoring table .

I think it was Mark Jackson that made pretty good point about that. He said that when the tech happened, there was a common foul on Dray and a tech on Kerr that happened on the same play. He said it was so loud that he could see where the scorekeepers may not have been able to hear clearly what was said.

Having said that, in a league where a lot of people think the refs are instructed to call games so that series are extended and desirable outcomes occur...had the Warriors come back and won after Dray was allowed to stay in the game, the conspiracy theorists would have had a field day.

I agree with JVG when he said he'd rather the refs just say "We overreacted in calling that T on Dray and we're correcting it. No T."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought- realistically- that the most likely out come was Warriors in 5.

however---- they better finish it off in 5 or they will be sorry. Cavs arent losing a game 6.

I said it after Game 3. IF the Cavs somehow win game 4 and 5... there will be a ridiculous amount of pressure on the Warriors going into Game 6.

That's still a HUGE if even with yesterdays win, of course. But at this point its just 1 game. You never know.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.

They had a historic performance and won wire-to-wire, holding a double digit lead throughout the 2nd half.

Game 3 they shot 11-44 from 3, GSW shot 49% from 3... and they had a great shot to win.

That said, they'll obviously need a GREAT game to beat this Warriors team on the road. I just don't think they necessarily need a historic game where they hit 24 3s and put up 86 in the 1st half.

Probably not as historic as last night (that was just crazy), but they have to play pretty close to perfect to win. Especially with them having to get 2 on the road to get it done. The scary thing, imo, is the fact that, as well as they played, they still gave up 116 points.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people want to talk about bad calls and poor officiating, I'm down with that. Lets talk about it.

But as soon as people start talking about the refs having an agenda and trying to extend series, I'm done talking to you. Take your tin foil hat somewhere else. The amount of Warriors fans whining about the refs trying to extend the series when the majority of the egregious calls last night favored the Warriors just blows my mind.

Not talking about anyone here (for the most part), its the chatter on the bigger forums. People are dumb.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not as historic as last night (that was just crazy), but they have to play pretty close to perfect to win. Especially with them having to get 2 on the road to get it done. The scary thing, imo, is the fact that, as well as they played, they still gave up 116 points.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. This Warriors team has so much room for error. Most teams have to stay within 7 or 8 points to really be in striking range. These Warriors just have to be within 20 to keep the outcome in doubt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it after Game 3. IF the Cavs somehow win game 4 and 5... there will be a ridiculous amount of pressure on the Warriors going into Game 6.

That's still a HUGE if even with yesterdays win, of course. But at this point its just 1 game. You never know.
definitely a huge if--- just makes them choking away game 3 that much more ....hmmm...whats the word?....soul crushing? lol

obviously the warriors will deserve their favorite status in game 5---- but like you said- if the Cavs can pull that off and have momentum in game 6 id love to see if Durants nuts start to shrink.

although--- maybe the Cavs can just get Dahntay Jones to punch him in the nuts?! i mean- apparently there is no penalty for that in this finals.--- for deliberately trying to punch someone in the ole frank and beans.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'll agree with that. This Warriors team has so much room for error. Most teams have to stay within 7 or 8 points to really be in striking range. These Warriors just have to be within 20 to keep the outcome in doubt.

Yeah, the Cavs did what I expected them to do in that they came out and played desperate basketball, jumped all over the Warriors and built themselves a big lead. They are the champs, didn't want to get closed out on their home floor and played like it.

What I didn't expect was for them to be able to keep it up for the entire game. As I posted earlier, every time I thought, "okay, this is the run where the Warriors catch them." The Cavs would answer and build the lead back up.

It wasn't just Lebron and Kyrie doing it either. There were plenty of big shots hit by JR, Love and even Deron Williams that would stop the Warriors runs.

I don't think the Cavs can keep up that effort for 3 more games. But it was still very impressive, imo.