• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are about to become the first team to come back from 0-3

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are about to become the first team to come back from 0-3

tumblr_inline_noqeix4lr41rv74l4_500.gif

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Cleveland only has two reliable ball handlers (Deron might be #3 but he is useless right now). Most of that team is catch and shoot dependent guys.

GS can rely on Curry, KD, Thompson, Livingston, and even Draymond can do it when needed.

That is how the Warriors beat the Spurs. The Spurs did not even have a Lebron/Kyrie to dribble.
Without Parker and Leonard, the Spurs were down to a 19 year old Rookie and a 39 year Ginobili to do most of the dribbling. Patty Mills is a catch and shoot guy as well mostly.
I think some is the system. Now you would know the Spurs better than I would, but I look at the year when the Spurs beat the Heat, and I THINK the only true ball handlers were TP, Ginobli, and a baby Kawhi. It's just that the Spurs movement of the ball was so FAST, to where that alone(amongst other things) was enough to wear the Heat out. Cleveland doesn't have alot of ball handlers, but what hurts even more is that their top 2(Kyrie and Lebron) are ball stoppers, and not too great of off ball players. To be fair to Lebron he often looks to finish with a pass however.

Next year, they may have to look into more of a ball movement offense, but that would only work if Kyrie/Lebron changes up their style. For instance, in the early 2000 Lakers, Kobe was the ONLY ball handler. While he was never quite known as a ball mover, he did however know how to play within the triangle, whether that be getting to the post without the ball, or cutting when Shaq had the ball. Then when the 4th quarter came, Kobe was asked to take it home. I don't know what the exact answer is for Cleveland, but they need to change it up somehow

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most interesting part for me was when they were discussing guys in the NBA not even knowing how to play basketball. Like all of them acknowledged it and even Oakley. It's pretty interesting to see how they view their opponents or even teammates at times. I feel like Javale was probably one of those guys prior to this season. Didn't know how to play basketball, but finally started to figure it out.
Makes me wonder what they say about those players when the cameras aren't rolling

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a product of James and Kyrie just pounding the ball or is it more indicative of the offensive structures of the teams?
Its hero ball. Each guy trying to do too much and then having nothing in the tank at the end.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 - 50 the Warriors end it tonight. I bet the Cavs are still tired.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not replica. I am from Akron. I could give a shit about other Cavs fans. I was a Cavs fan before Lebron, watched him play in high school. I didnt blame him for leaving he had no help. Was I upset...fucking of course. Burning jerseys is way too far.
Did you play for the Cavs? Then unless you stole one its a replica jersey

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors were highly agitated after the way James and the Cavs acted when last year ended.
It carried over to summer league and into LeBrons Halloween party.
What did James do? Are you talking about the camera hogging and rolling around on the floor?