• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think it's any secret that I can't stand Chris Paul.

Ditto for you with Kobe.

What do you think about trading BG to NY for Melo and James walking to the Clipps? Or trading BG to Indy for PG and the same?

Melo
CP
James

or

PG
CP
James

Piece around either squad and they're better.....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about trading BG to NY for Melo and James walking to the Clipps? Or trading BG to Indy for PG and the same?

Melo
CP
James

or

PG
CP
James

Piece around either squad and they're better.....

Lebron's not a free agent. Clips aren't trading for Melo.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd the move go?

Meh. Fiance hates Texas. We've confirmed this is the last Texas city we'll move to, so once we move again, it's good bye.

Time Warner also won't hook up my internet until next Monday. My data usage on my phone is ridiculous. Thank god for work.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He was.

He is the biggest reason outside of LeBron that they got to the Finals well-rested and healthy, with just 2 losses. He put up 20 & 13 vs the Hawks while shooting 48% from downtown.

His Finals numbers look worse than reality, because he was concussed out of 1 game, missed the next game completely, then came off the bench the next game. But he came through in a lot of ways and ultimately got the job done. Had a huge 3 in Game 6. Saved the Cavs with his 14 rebounds in Game 7. And of course the defensive effort on Curry to closeout Game 7.

His value in the Eastern Conference is great, but I'm talking solely about his matchup against Golden State. He shot .368 in the Finals last year. The Cavs' biggest margin of victory was a game he didn't play in and he played a marginal role in all of their other wins. That's not what you expect out of a $25 million player. We're talking about bang-for-your-buck and Kevin Love just doesn't provide it. His poor performance was not a fluke, it wasn't because of his concussion. He's shooting .378 in the series this year. Bottom line is that the Cavs paid big money for mediocre production in the Finals. He'd need to get 20-30 rebounds per game to counteract his awful defense and poor offensive performances.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Fiance hates Texas. We've confirmed this is the last Texas city we'll move to, so once we move again, it's good bye.

Time Warner also won't hook up my internet until next Monday. My data usage on my phone is ridiculous. Thank god for work.

You have a fiance? And were in a studio in WA?

You poor, poor bastard.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same could have been said for Kyrie game 7 last year.

Worked out okay for him.

I agree with that to an extent. Kyrie has dealt with pressure in his career though. He was drafted #1 overall and with that comes with great expectations and pressure. He has played in gold medal games internationally where he was named MVP of the FIBA championships.

Kyrie is a max contract player and the main reason Lebron was willing to come back to Cleveland.

Korver is a great shooter, but he has never been 'the guy' on a team. He isn't a guy who has been asked to have the ball in his hands with the game on the line.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a fiance? And were in a studio in WA?

You poor, poor bastard.

We did alright. It was a luxury apartment and we don't have too much shit. Plus our view was amazing. Being in Dallas, we have no view or scenery now. But my rent is more than $300 lower.