• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah some people you just have to ignore. I don't like Lebron but my god some of shit people say on here is hilarious

It's really amazing. It's the single most entertaining thing about the NBA boards for me. Admittedly, I don't know shit about basketball, but a fair amount of the shit I see posted about James is just straight retarded from a logical perspective.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it is clear Lebron was more responsible for the winning in Miami especially in 2013. Wade did play a pretty big part in 2012 though. He was at the end of his prime that year.

To me, it's like the Shaq/Kobe debate. Most say that Shaq was the "alpha" on those teams, just as most say that after the finals vs. Dallas, Lebron was the "alpha" on the Heat.

The fact is, whoever is considered the "alpha" doesn't matter because if you remove either player from those team, they aren't winning any titles.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was the way you said it, bud.
That's possible. I think some are just super sensitive today...

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really amazing. It's the single most entertaining thing about the NBA boards for me. Admittedly, I don't know shit about basketball, but a fair amount of the shit I see posted about James is just straight retarded from a logical perspective.
Spot on Boyo....only a select few have the ability to be straight retarded and logical, tis an art form. I am fucking Picasso!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not you, but in general the sense seems to be that Lebron could only prove his greatness if he signed with the Nets.....
then why did you quote me? That sounds like a general statement...

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maxresdefault.jpg

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not you, but in general the sense seems to be that Lebron could only prove his greatness if he signed with the Nets.....

I actually remember praying for that... Lol.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually heard someone on a local call in show this morning claim Lebrawn was done after this year and was going to coach ohio st basketball. He claimed its all a done deal because of Matta's sudden departure.

I am not sure what amuses me more? How stupid some people are, or how stupid some ohio st fans are

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's possible. I think some are just super sensitive today...
Well, BKS hates LeBron and Gordon has been pretty honest all along about the Warriors being the better team,and those are the two you're arguing with.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop it. We've already said he's a great player & that he's playing great...but it ain't how you start the game but how you finish. So suggesting he save a little something to finish the game is being unreasonable to you??? SMH

To be fair, Lebron is in a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

If he plays like he has been, he runs out of gas towards the end and has to hope that at least one of his teammates can pick up the slack or they lose.

If he tries to conserve energy during the game so he has something left at the end, he risks being too far behind to catch up and they still lose.

I agree that he had a huge hand in putting together the team as constructed. But his teammates not stepping up isn't on him, imo. On paper, this is a very good team that should be giving the Warriors a better series.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, BKS hates LeBron and Gordon has been pretty honest all along about the Warriors being the better team,and those are the two you're arguing with.
And Gordon is the sensitive one....BKS argues just to argue most of the time so no surprise there.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Gordon is the sensitive one....BKS argues just to argue most of the time so no surprise there.

Gordon doesn't seem very sensitive to me, tbh.

LeBron is averaging 35 points with a triple double and you're nit picking his game, saying he needs to conserve more energy, when in fact the reason he's slowed down in the second halves of these games is because the Warriors have made great adjustments at half time.

The first 2 games were blowouts because when the Warriors made their half time adjustments, Kyrie didn't step up in the second half, last night he finally did and it was actually a close game.

I just don't understand why you can't just be like "MY TEAM IS THE GOAT"

that should be the narrative, instead of "LeBron could have done more"

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Lebron is in a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

If he plays like he has been, he runs out of gas towards the end and has to hope that at least one of his teammates can pick up the slack or they lose.

If he tries to conserve energy during the game so he has something left at the end, he risks being too far behind to catch up and they still lose.

I agree that he had a huge hand in putting together the team as constructed. But his teammates not stepping up isn't on him, imo. On paper, this is a very good team that should be giving the Warriors a better series.
Ok, but what about all those people who said him averaging 40 minutes during the season was no big deal? So now here we are approaching the finish line and the excuse is he has to give everything to keep them close or risk running out of gas @ the 46 minute mark?

Remember all those comments from LBJ about how he's not tired? During the reg season he took games off to "rest" yet averaged 40 minutes. My argument is how does this add up to having a very high bball IQ? Especially when this is his 14th season, 7th consecutive Finals.